Author Topic: ED NUNN WINS HARTFORD...Visits PBW -- Plus: USA Predictions! (Listen Now)  (Read 48064 times)

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
Re: Nunn predicts Top 10 finish in his first Olympia
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 07:11:43 PM »
Looking at those names is depressing. I remember when the lineup used to be interesting:

Wheeler
Cormier
Priest
Dillet
Ray
Levrone
El Sonbaty
Coleman
Matarazzo
Baker
Francois

Hahahah, pro bodybuilding sucks now. :D

bob should compete again.  :D

1       Jay Cutler
2   Branch Warren   
3   Dexter Jackson   
4   Kai Greene   
5       Phil Heath   
6   Victor Martinez   
7   Ronny Rockel
8   Toney Freeman
9   Hidetada Yamagishi
10   Moe El Moussawi

this is last years top ten.............talk about SNOOZE. really went downhill from the 90s..........although its way better today then it was during the nether-region of the early 2000s when ronnie was dominating all those 90s guys when they were way past their prime, and the only real competition was jay

the early 2000s were the WORST..........dennis james, melvin, and gustavo were finishing top 5...........they are all gettin schooled today with physiques that are pretty much the same

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 07:22:13 PM »
No point of yours has been made...You've never seen Ed stand next to many of the guys listed...all depends on who shows up in shape.  Using Tony as your gauge only strengthens MY point

as long as i have been on getbig , i have not once EVER seen you admit that maybe you were incorrect, never, not once, your very proud and will argue a  flawed concept into the ground because of that

of course there are always "what ifs"   

nothing is completely out of the ream of possibility

ronnie could come back and win his 9th sandow, cedric mcmillin could show up with hsi superb structure and steal the show...............BUT its not likely to someone who knows the sport and follows the direction of placings competitors have been receiving

with that, it is very unlikely, if you look at the numbers that ed nunn willl see the top ten.............and this point is reinforced by the fact thattony freeman (who is a more complete version of ed nunn and is almost a legend in the sport) is himslef fighting for an unagressive top ten placing

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 07:23:32 PM »
1       Jay Cutler
2   Branch Warren   
3   Dexter Jackson   
4   Kai Greene   
5       Phil Heath   
6   Victor Martinez   
7   Ronny Rockel
8   Toney Freeman
9   Hidetada Yamagishi
10   Moe El Moussawi

I'm betting we don't see Cutler (year off?)... and maybe Hide (knee issue)... or Rockel... in the top 10 this year.  That might open things up for a guy like Nunn to grab 10th.  But it could be Ben White at 10th just as easily.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 07:33:38 PM »
I'm betting we don't see Cutler (year off?)... and maybe Hide (knee issue)... or Rockel... in the top 10 this year.  That might open things up for a guy like Nunn to grab 10th.  But it could be Ben White at 10th just as easily.

Not sure where you get your info from, but this has to be the 10th time you've suggested that Jay isnt competing...why? There have been absolutely ZERO information that would support that....

That said, I can assure you with utmost certaincy, that Jay will indeed be going for his 4th Sandow, as sure as I can assure you that Ben will not, as he's commited to competing for the WSBB title...

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 07:34:55 PM »

NO WAY does Cutler take this year off.............its now or never................he got kai and phil on his heels, he just moved to MD which cant help his placings, he has been competing a LONG time............he wants that 4th sandow, and if he takes a year off, he will never get it back, he needs to stay relevant and go for it now

and rockell has been making some headway lately, he just palced 6th at the arnold, and all that really missed was jay...........the european guys dont typicall get a fair shake

hide looks like he is fucked this year..............but definatly lots of variables, lots can happen, very dynamic adn competitive line up this year

but i'd bet the farm ed nunn wont be in the top 10

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2010, 07:41:26 PM »
I think he has a good chance - it all depends on how dialled in they all are. He has a bit of momentum going into the show and if he nails his conditioning, I can see him placing above guys like Roelly, Hide, Moe, Troy, DJ and Melvin, if any of them are holding water or aren't looking very sharp. Ditto for Toney.

Nunn's shape and height give him an advantage in a line up, while guys like Roelly and DJ who look impressive by themselves look less so in the same.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »
Alves, Troy USA
Anthony Jr., Melvin USA
Cutler, Jay USA
Fankhouser, Erik USA
Freeman, Toney USA
Greene, Kai USA
Haley, Marcus USA
Heath, Phil USA
Jackson, Dexter USA
Jackson, Johnnie USA
Martinez, Victor Dominican Republic
Mishin, Evgeny Russia
Piotrkowicz, Robert Poland
Richardson, Craig USA
Rockel, Ronny Germany
White, Ben USA
Warren, Branch USA
Winklaar, Roelly Netherlands
Wolf, Dennis Germany
Yamagishi, Hidetada

8 guys he more than likely wont beat, Melvin/ White- out  Hide/ aves on the fence, Toney/ Wolf inconsistant...He has more than a fair shake at one of the two remaining spots in the top 10...

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2010, 08:09:34 PM »
when did white say that he was not doing the O...........as recent as last week he was saying that he wasnt doing the WSBB?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2010, 08:11:02 PM »
Ed second to Nunn FTW

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2010, 08:12:10 PM »
"I will place in the top 10.  Simple as that".

he confirmed on PBW that he'll be doing the Olympia... doing what he can to slowly get bigger getbig.com

Fixed
S

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2010, 08:43:34 PM »

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2010, 08:58:28 PM »
Alves, Troy USA
Anthony Jr., Melvin USA
Cutler, Jay USA
Fankhouser, Erik USA
Freeman, Toney USA
Greene, Kai USA
Haley, Marcus USA
Heath, Phil USA
Jackson, Dexter USA
Jackson, Johnnie USA
Martinez, Victor Dominican Republic
Mishin, Evgeny Russia
Piotrkowicz, Robert Poland
Richardson, Craig USA
Rockel, Ronny Germany
White, Ben USA
Warren, Branch USA
Winklaar, Roelly Netherlands
Wolf, Dennis Germany
Yamagishi, Hidetada
8 guys he more than likely wont beat, Melvin/ White- out  Hide/ aves on the fence, Toney/ Wolf inconsistant...He has more than a fair shake at one of the two remaining spots in the top 10...

They say it’s a good thing when it’s “pick em?”  I say BS.  This is a horrible generation of bbers.  Let me put it this way.  I vote for Jay because of his “money earning and crib” videos which is sad like that list. 

Anyway…I got Vic kin this yr.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2010, 10:01:30 PM »
you cant compare hide and ed nunn.............hide won multiple pro shows, and has placed very high in numerous upper level ifbb shows., he brings a level of conditioning and overall refinement that has become a benchmark for the sport

nunn pulled off 1 circuit show, and this win is very debatable, ben white is a much more compete bodybuilder with much less flaws

of course things can happen..............but i will mark this down , ed nunn will not be top ten in the olympia
Hide won his first pro show this year. He hadnt won a pro show when he placed 9th in the olympia.

Hide's conditioning is not a benchmark for the sport lol. He's a short, wide-waisted, blocky asian with a weak back, like i said, if he can make the top 10, Ed can as well.

While Ed is a 6'2 260-70lbs, well conditoned guy, with one of the smallest waist on stage and a eye pleasing physique. Just like when toney freeman stands next to the smaller/shorter guys and dwarfs em, Ed does the same.

There is absolutely no reason he cant make the top 10.

Especially if a few guys show up a tad off ( which happens every year ) a well conditioned Ed Nunn can sneak in and easily get a top 10 placing.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2010, 11:49:52 PM »
and just for the record..............

jay
dex
branch
kai
phil
tony
rolley
dennis
rockell
melvin
victor

.............these guys are virtually guaranteed to place better then ed nunn............and im sure theres more im forgetting..........why dont these idiots just shut the fuck up and accept a good placing in a marginally competitive show without running their flaps

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2010, 11:58:58 PM »
I would like to see him top 10 for sure. He has a great physique.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2010, 12:38:42 AM »
i think he has a top 10 physique for sure. weather the judges will think so i don;t know ;) i do believe he will eventually clean up at these smaller shows he is pretty complete
irongearco.com

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2010, 02:56:09 AM »
you cant compare hide and ed nunn.............hide won multiple pro shows, and has placed very high in numerous upper level ifbb shows., he brings a level of conditioning and overall refinement that has become a benchmark for the sport

nunn pulled off 1 circuit show, and this win is very debatable, ben white is a much more compete bodybuilder with much less flaws

of course things can happen..............but i will mark this down , ed nunn will not be top ten in the olympia
I believe Hide has only won 1 Pro show, and you have got be joking about his level of conditioning and overall refinement that has become a benchmark, he's never been as peeled as Silvio Samuel was a few yrs back, nor Phil, Kai, Dex, Jay (2009 Mr. O)

Nunn may surprise us, just and I think Roelly will as well, I think Roelly will shake up some people, in fact, going by Roelly's condition, he should have placed ahead of Branch at the Arnold.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2010, 03:10:22 AM »
I think if Nunn wants to sneak into the top 10 he should forget playing the size game and concentrate on his conditioning,  That's usually where a guy can sneak up a few spots.  It worked for Servio. 

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2010, 03:45:03 AM »
Wheres his Habit ?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2010, 06:41:52 AM »
This guy is going to bring it watch out.  :o

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2010, 06:46:09 AM »
This guy is going to bring it watch out.  :o

Say what you want, but clearly he's number ONE!!

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2010, 06:50:10 AM »
Say what you want, but clearly he's number ONE!!

You're being sarcastic Bob.  He clearly didn't do enough training and didn't have his nutrient timing right.  You being a bodybuilder should know this.  He needs to listen to his body to know when to take in the right nutrients at the precise times.  He missed the boat, but clearly tried his best.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2010, 08:54:00 AM »
You're being sarcastic Bob.  He clearly didn't do enough training and didn't have his nutrient timing right.  You being a bodybuilder should know this.  He needs to listen to his body to know when to take in the right nutrients at the precise times.  He missed the boat, but clearly tried his best.

Did he simply forget to take his 3 am protein shake the night before competition?

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2010, 09:02:27 AM »
Did he simply forget to take his 3 am protein shake the night before competition?

You're being sarcastic-I get it.  He needed much more than that.  I see your a Klaus Doring fan?  Klaus does the exact opposite.  He over feeds his body and does no cardio.  This is why Klaus' muscles are full and smooth.  Their is a photo of Klaus drinking about a gallon of milk floating around.  Klaus has just taken nutrient timing and  "exploited" it.  Klaus takes in too much nutrients in hence look at the way he appears.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2010, 09:04:05 AM »
Looking at those names is depressing. I remember when the lineup used to be interesting:

Wheeler
Cormier
Priest
Dillet
Ray
Levrone
El Sonbaty
Coleman
Matarazzo
Baker
Francois

Hahahah, pro bodybuilding sucks now. :D