Author Topic: 2010 Olympia - Does Dex have any chance of beating Kai or Jay?  (Read 7784 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Does Dex have any chance of beating Kai or Jay?
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2010, 12:04:01 PM »
one year according to muscle memory

look at how many contests each have entered 14 pro contests for Kai and 28 for Jay , so I should have said Jay's competed in more pro shows than Kai

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2010, 12:40:11 PM »
Kai just turned 35 and Jay is 37.  Jay has been on drugs since his early 20s.  Kai not so much (which is why he continues to put on muscle)
The judges are done with Dex.  He has Jay, Kai, Phil and now they want to put Branch consistently ahead of him.

Keep this in mind....Jay never shows up to a Mr. O in shape two years in a row.  So if history shows anything, expect him to be off this year.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2010, 03:07:08 PM »
Dexter won''t even beat Phil ever again.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 12:12:08 AM »
To be fair the best two physiques right now belong to dex and phil...
Kai is big but both phill and dex have better muscle shape
choice is an illusion

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 12:15:45 AM »
Seems like the IFBB has 2 mass monsters at the top of the sport again. Is Dex done? I dont think Dex can beat Heath anymore, even Branch has beaten Dex twice in a row. The 260-270lb Jay and Kai are on their own level.

the X factor is Wolf. I dont think he is done yet.

With IFBB judging, everything is possible.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2010, 12:17:32 AM »
I forgot victor has the best shape in the ifbb right now followed by dex then phil...

choice is an illusion

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2010, 05:19:24 AM »
Personally I don't see Dexter ever winning a major show like the Arnold or Olympia ever again.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2010, 05:24:16 AM »
Do you think Dex can even hang with Roelly Winklaar? In terms of aesthetics, Id give it dex. However, sheer size alone, I'd give to Roelly. Dex will get lost in a crowd of guys weighing 250+

ahhahahahaahah you can't be serious.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2010, 05:27:45 AM »
Do you think Dex can even hang with Roelly Winklaar? In terms of aesthetics, Id give it dex. However, sheer size alone, I'd give to Roelly. Dex will get lost in a crowd of guys weighing 250+ taller than 4feet 11

fixed

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2010, 05:38:00 AM »
Yet, he found his way to three ASC titles and an Olympia.

If only other IFBB pro bodybuilders can get as "lost" as he has.  ::)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2010, 05:47:24 AM »
Yet, he found his way to three ASC titles and an Olympia.

If only other IFBB pro bodybuilders can get as "lost" as he has.  ::)

ASCs are solid.  IFBB/AMI saved face on 07 by giving it to Dex vs a sloppy Jay.   The problem is Dex let it go to his head.  WTF is he running aroudn saying he has to feed his family so 5k isnt enough for guest posing where as Jay is dropping those jobs off to Phil with no back talk?  Some wrote that Ronnie was getting 8k or better...but how many MrOs he has and where is his place in so called bbing fame?   

I think it's that and complaints of funky attitude that may have hurt Dex in the eyes of officials.  If he is one and is top 3 at O...then we are all wrong.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2010, 05:57:27 AM »
If he's on, he can still be a threat but if any of the other potential Mr O (meaning Kai, Phil, Jay of course and let's even say Wolf) are on, they won't give it to him no matter how good he'll show up. He was a ultra dull Mr'O, bad rep and he obviously pissed of some people right at the top of the Bbing food chain. If Jay is on, they'll let him have it one last time as he's a safe choice. Phil and Kai can wait another year to build up their rivalry. Branch won't be a threat, he already got a gift last year.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2010, 06:46:20 AM »
Don't count out this guy.  His back is looking better and he just might swoop in and break that record

A

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2010, 07:20:39 AM »
Don't count out this guy.  His back is looking better and he just might swoop in and break that record

???

ronnie is an icon. what's the pt of finishing 5th in the O against lesser bber when he was in his prime?  bsn would be stupid not to keep ronnie under contract, is stupid for not using his wealth of vids on youtube at the O n A expos.  His stufff is a marketing gold mind.  Just compare it to Jay's Swollen Monkey Vids. Yawn.  

who are his label mates at bsn?  brandon  ???  brewer  ???  who-er  ??? ms baseball alicia  ???

at this moment i can only see jay n phil with better $$$ intake than ronnie.   

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2010, 08:14:25 AM »
???

ronnie is an icon. what's the pt of finishing 5th in the O against lesser bber when he was in his prime?  bsn would be stupid not to keep ronnie under contract, is stupid for not using his wealth of vids on youtube at the O n A expos.  His stufff is a marketing gold mind.  Just compare it to Jay's Swollen Monkey Vids. Yawn.  

who are his label mates at bsn?  brandon  ???  brewer  ???  who-er  ??? ms baseball alicia  ???

at this moment i can only see jay n phil with better $$$ intake than ronnie.  

BSN dropped Ronnie Coleman last year from what I understood and picked up Bob Chicerillo in his place.  If so, then it was huge mistake as Ronnie Coleman is still considered the most dominant Mr Olympia around.

They are still using Ronnie in the ads so they may have reconsidered.  Don't know what's going on with BSN

Maybe Chick can clarify things
A

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2010, 08:33:40 AM »

BSN dropped Ronnie Coleman last year from what I understood and picked up Bob Chicerillo in his place.  If so, then it was huge mistake as Ronnie Coleman is still considered the most dominant Mr Olympia around.

They are still using Ronnie in the ads so they may have reconsidered.  Don't know what's going on with BSN

Maybe Chick can clarify things

you must be joking.  i think it was brewer they dropped and picked up brandon w/out brandy.  >:(

that brand is only recognizable because of ronnie to a certain extent in bbing.  

who can confirm this?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2010, 08:48:25 AM »
http://www.bsnonline.net/vision/#/Ronnie%20Coleman/Videos/olXKBnRGsus.swf/

you probably wrong again...vince.  they finally started adding his video footage to his athlete section, should have done this yrs.  i wonder which site gave them the idea?  ::)

if wolfe and brandon are their corner stone athletes now and chick is their so called shawn ray type spokes person...i hope they go out of business if ronnie aint getting his michael jordan check.  >:(

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2010, 08:59:54 AM »
http://www.bsnonline.net/vision/#/Ronnie%20Coleman/Videos/olXKBnRGsus.swf/

you probably wrong again...vince.  they finally started adding his video footage to his athlete section, should have done this yrs.  i wonder which site gave them the idea?  ::)

if wolfe and brandon are their corner stone athletes now and chick is their so called shawn ray type spokes person...i hope they go out of business if ronnie aint getting his michael jordan check.  >:(

Wrong about what??  I think I said that I was not sure whether Ronnie was under contract or not.  It could have ended and then resigned down the line or etc.   

There's no telling who has a contract with who these days unless the person says so.  Heck, Gamma O was still using Chris Cook's image for almost a year after he has dropped.  Having videos on a website doesn't mean that a person is under contract.  That's why I also stated that Chick could clarify it since he works for BSN. 

Either way who cares.  Ronnie is going to get paid for quite some time regardless of which company is around because its going to take many years before someone comes along and tops his success (if ever).  Winning the Olympia 8 times in a row tells your something
A

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2010, 12:39:44 PM »
To be fair the best two physiques right now belong to dex and phil...
Kai is big but both phill and dex have better muscle shape

great post - 100% correct.

unlike your thor posts  ;D
175lbs by 31st July

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2010, 02:21:14 PM »
Dexter won''t even beat Phil ever again.

he could, but I don't see it being likely.