Author Topic: California is Awesome!  (Read 6468 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: California is Awesome!
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 10:55:54 AM »
california.. born and raised.. on the playground is where i spent most of my days..

Kind of ignorant of the mom thinking the young black man would be safer in LA than in Philly.  Maybe she never watched Boyz in the Hood or any other LA gang movie.

newmom

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2010, 11:13:43 AM »
Oh yea jpm, back when going to tijuana was safe well safer then today. Loved driving to ensenada and pounding beers and lobster. Is pappas and beer still down there. I think another place was called hussons or some shit like that. After tj, the drive there was pretty.

Mon can you overnight 3 carne asada burritos, thanks lol

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2010, 11:20:30 AM »
Oh yea jpm, back when going to tijuana was safe well safer then today. Loved driving to ensenada and pounding beers and lobster. Is pappas and beer still down there. I think another place was called hussons or some shit like that. After tj, the drive there was pretty.

Mon can you overnight 3 carne asada burritos, thanks lol

The only club worth going to in TJ is Club A.

newmom

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 11:23:08 AM »
The only club worth going to in TJ is Club A.

Fuck outta here that is still there. Fuck I can't remember the place we went to  a lot, right on revolution kiddy corner to margaritas

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 11:32:39 AM »
 8) 

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 12:02:49 PM »
I grew up (31 years) in Hawthorne (home of the Beach Boys) and Manhattan Beach.  For things to do within a 2.5 hour drive there is no place better to live than LA.  From ocean sports to mountain sports, amusement parks, forests, Mexico, restaurants, museums and cultural diversity LA tops them all.  Of course their is alot of shit that comes with it but I lived there for 30+ year and never encountered the real bad stuff.  But, I have done literally everything you can do there and I wasn't looking to move cause I had a very good career taking off and lived good but then I went to Hawaii.  If you are to live in LA I would suggest living in one of the oceanfront communities.

I have traveled quite a bit.  I spent 3 months in Florida around 1987.  About a month in Ft. Meyers and about 2 months in Ft. Lauderdale.  I had a beautiful suite at the Days Inn in Lauderdale the whole time.  I had so much fun there and just love Florida.  I used to say the only place I would rather live than LA was Florida.  Till I came to Hawaii in Jan. or Feb. of 1989.  The Special Olympics brought me over and put me up at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and after just the first day I wanted to move there.  I met with the biggest agent in Hawaii and she said if I ever come back I could work easy there.  So I decided to move there and on Aug. 3 1989 I moved to Hawaii.  Everyday in Hawaii was a vacation to me.  I have never lived more than 5 or 10 minutes from the beach.  Then in 2007 decided to move to Vegas and still here.  I am looking to go back to Hawaii in Dec. or Jan. and spend the winter and spring there and live in Vegas for the Summer and Fall.

Every day of my life I punch myself in the nuts for not living in Hawaii.  To this day, i haven't seen a better place.  Can't make it back til 2012....or can I?
Deep Tissue Massage

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2010, 12:25:15 PM »
When Newmom said she had nicknames for certain part that really drew my interest...buzz buster when she meant towns. Yes famous Revolution Ave, when it all begins but may not end there.  Have not crossed at TJ for quite a while. Cross at Otay Mesa for a lot of reasons. BB'ers will cross their for BB'ing related stuff. Sometimes 3 times a week.

SD girls are not uptight unless you have a Boston accent or east coast attitude. Surf and beach girls are totally cool.

Ensenada was outstanding. Lot more army troops hanging around there than before though. Those  home lobster dinners are something else, from the ocean to your plate in a matter of an hour or less.  The local winery's are world class. Still have to watch your back somewhat. Surfing beyond there can be exceptional. Couple of Aussie guy's I took down there were impressed.

Husson's is first choice. Get drunk and listen to Mexican music all night.

SD  also has some of the baddest wilderness areas in the US. Not much further than east of the 15 or off the 8. Desert, mountains or whatever. Dirt biking, buggies,etc. You can start off the day by surfing, than desert dirt biking and end up mountain hiking.  And than wind up camping over night.
F

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 12:55:45 PM »
Every day of my life I punch myself in the nuts for not living in Hawaii.  To this day, i haven't seen a better place.  Can't make it back til 2012....or can I?

It's not all beach and surf. It is the most expensive State to live in. And it's a bit backward. There are just little annoying things that you take for granted on the mainland. Getting an oil change is an all day affair. In Cali, they got the Jiffy Lube, Easy Lube... and you're in and out in fifteen minutes. I hate that when I pump gas they don't have that little clip that holds the handle down so you can wash your windows while filling your tank. It's common in grocery stores not to have some items that you want. Like I've been waiting for two weeks now for Safeway (one of the major grocery stores here) for them to get liquid egg whites. I can go on, on. It's not a huge issue but just minor annoyances that make you think Hawaii is a little backwards. Also, the overt racism against Whites is palatable. At least in the more rural areas (which are the nice scenic places that lets you know you're on an island and not in the city which is just like LA, traffic and all). It's always "fucking haole this/fucking haole that".

Still, it's always nice to walk outside my door and see and breath the ocean air. Nothing beats sucking in that fresh ocean air.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2010, 12:58:26 PM »
Personally, i'll take the east coast over the west coast anyday.

saopl

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2010, 01:00:24 PM »
pellis - how much pot do you grow on your property?  ;D

newmom

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2010, 01:09:04 PM »

Goodness  why

newmom

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2010, 01:17:23 PM »
When Newmom said she had nicknames for certain part that really drew my interest...buzz buster when she meant towns. Yes famous Revolution Ave, when it all begins but may not end there.  Have not crossed at TJ for quite a while. Cross at Otay Mesa for a lot of reasons. BB'ers will cross their for BB'ing related stuff. Sometimes 3 times a week.

SD girls are not uptight unless you have a Boston accent or east coast attitude. Surf and beach girls are totally cool.

Ensenada was outstanding. Lot more army troops hanging around there than before though. Those  home lobster dinners are something else, from the ocean to your plate in a matter of an hour or less.  The local winery's are world class. Still have to watch your back somewhat. Surfing beyond there can be exceptional. Couple of Aussie guy's I took down there were impressed.

Husson's is first choice. Get drunk and listen to Mexican music all night.

SD  also has some of the baddest wilderness areas in the US. Not much further than east of the 15 or off the 8. Desert, mountains or whatever. Dirt biking, buggies,etc. You can start off the day by surfing, than desert dirt biking and end up mountain hiking.  And than wind up camping over night.

Jpm your killing me with some fucking great memories.
Lets not forget the little kids selling chicklet gum (do they still do that)..
Yup ensenada sooo  much fun. Tj, gotta love getting 25 cent shots of teqkillya while some bartender blows the whistle, shaking your head...awwww memories of youth.
I never crossed at otay though.
I bremeber driving to  julian in my friends truck, pack the back of it full of snow and then driving to la  jolla and have snowball fights.

Oh lastly, those "hotdogs" in tj before walking through customs. Ewww I mean they were good when your a drunk 17 year old but to think what was in them

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2010, 01:52:43 PM »
I love Cali but am afraid of earthquakes, I have been in a couple scary shit.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2010, 01:55:18 PM »
wow wow west coast, these are the girls that i love the most

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2010, 01:55:31 PM »
Jpm your killing me with some fucking great memories.
Lets not forget the little kids selling chicklet gum (do they still do that)..
Yup ensenada sooo  much fun. Tj, gotta love getting 25 cent shots of teqkillya while some bartender blows the whistle, shaking your head...awwww memories of youth.
I never crossed at otay though.
I bremeber driving to  julian in my friends truck, pack the back of it full of snow and then driving to la  jolla and have snowball fights.

Oh lastly, those "hotdogs" in tj before walking through customs. Ewww I mean they were good when your a drunk 17 year old but to think what was in them

HAHA. yes they still sell the chick-lays.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2010, 02:43:18 PM »

"I wish they call could be California.... bodybuilders"  ;D

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2010, 03:15:32 PM »
Dana Point

R

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2010, 03:18:36 PM »
Dana Point

genital warts....

bench

newmom

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2010, 05:43:01 PM »
HAHA. yes they still sell the chick-lays.

oh man o man...funny

Stella, Dana Pointe is great

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2010, 05:51:27 PM »
oh man o man...funny

Stella, Dana Pointe is great

newmom

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2010, 05:55:14 PM »

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2010, 06:05:17 PM »
Important message from San Diego!

Good day bros sitting in a hotel computer station, just wanted to say: California is awesome, Texas Sucks Dick.

i always knew this, but i havent been back to cali in a while so it was especially apparent to me haha.

Texas says Good Riddance now that you are gone!

essensen

• Getbig I
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2010, 03:33:59 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm from Denmark and I'm moving to San Diego the 18th of August to attend SDSU - so since it sounds like there's a lot of guys from that area here - can you recommend a good place to live in SD when going to SDSU? I've been recommended Pacific beach - but it's expensive and far away from SDSU.. Any other recommendations?

Also - good places to train in SD? I like hardcore places with lots of freeweights without too much bullshit, not those big commercials gym where you get lost in the machinepark.

Hope you can help :)

/Morten.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2010, 07:46:29 AM »
Goodness  why
Through personal experience I find more weirdos on the west side. Ecen here in Canada. The west coast here is full of quck jobs. At least the east coast is more rugged and more tough.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2010, 08:32:22 AM »
Essensen: Can you play American football or basketball? SDSU is in need this year.

You will probably wind up at the student union building where there are list of places to rent, on or off campus. People in SD are friendly and lay backed, so ask around about places to live. Though things aren't cheap. Probably know that SD is the second largest city in California.

PB is a great place if your well off. There is a trolley station on campus which takes you downtown (Gas Lamp for example..great spot), beach,sports events, etc. Try the campus athletic dept training center. Well stocked equipment because the athletes workout there. Some exceptional women athletes also. Other than that, not familiar with too many hardcore gyms around SDSU. Have heard of a few but never checked them out my self. Others on GetBig can help your better. I'm more into the North County SD area.  
F