Author Topic: Did anyone else feel..  (Read 2292 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Did anyone else feel..
« on: August 12, 2010, 01:42:15 PM »
uncomfortable watching the Flair-Lethal match last week? Granted, Flair was made to do some pretty terrible stuff in WCW but after the retirement sendoff and all the accolades it just seemed worse to me. He would be a great manager or even a special attraction type guy once a year but that match really bothered me for some reason. Sorry if it's been discussed.

This is all i could find of it

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Did anyone else feel..
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 02:01:14 PM »
The good:  Flair juicing like crazy!  And at least he didn't have to job to the guy like WCW made him do to everybody on the planet.

The bad: He should only be used in really big matches.

The ugly: Flair ass in 1986 was kinda funny, Flair's ass in 2010 is kinda creepy.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 03:17:38 PM »
uncomfortable watching the Flair-Lethal match last week? Granted, Flair was made to do some pretty terrible stuff in WCW but after the retirement sendoff and all the accolades it just seemed worse to me. He would be a great manager or even a special attraction type guy once a year but that match really bothered me for some reason. Sorry if it's been discussed.

This is all i could find of it

Good.

It looks like Flair is adopting the Hulk Hogan hair-do; the kind with the hole in the middle.
Either that, or his neck is blowing a bubble.

Oh, yeah...
Welcome back, Mass!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 06:13:27 AM »
Welcome back, Mass! The prodical son returns after a long layoff like the Undertaker :)

I actually think TNA is doing phenomenal right now! No PG like WWE and they are pulling some sick storylines. Did you guys watch it last night with Abyss running hog wild, chair shots flying everywhere, etc? TNA was awesome last night and their rating went up dramatically in the last few weeks.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 03:06:21 PM »
I didn't know that.
I've barely had a TV on over the last two months, but I can now see that I may have to catch up.

Would you say they are simply copying ECW, or are they maybe "borrowing" some good ideas while turning out an original product of their own?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 05:55:48 PM »
Why the hell is Flair in his underwear?  I could do without seeing a 60 year old guy in his briefs...

There's no need for him to be doing matches like this anymore.  He's a valuable asset to the company and should be used for his persona, his promo's, and his name, not crap like that.  As Mass said, use him in a manager-type role, bringing the best out of the other guys on the roster.  Flair should have been the one on the outside, delivering the cheap shot and pushing the foot off the ropes.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 04:54:15 AM »
Flair was at his best circa 1984-1990 in NWA / JCP which later evolved into WCW. He was untoughable then.