Author Topic: The Clothes you would wear, if you had the funds....  (Read 31110 times)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
Re: The Clothes you would wear, if you had the funds....
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2010, 05:16:31 AM »
way off in my case. After 10 years in retail mangement, I don't pay full price for shit. I normally get my jeans at express or pac sun. Normally have a coupon as well. Most I will pay for jeans at either place is 40 bucks. One thing I DONT need is clothes. I don't buy the trendy patterns or anything for the most part. Keep it neutral colors
You might very well not fit the description, but you'll have to admit that the example you yourself gave is applicable to virtually all other men and women.

And it's not really about price. I simply refuse to wear something that doesn't fit properly. I refuse wearing it if it cost a million dollars and has my name embroidered on it by Versace himself, I refuse wearing it if it was free.  I spend 8 hours per day wearing decent clothes. They better well be absolutely 100% comfortable and nice looking under all circumstances.

acqui

• Getbig II
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2010, 06:01:07 AM »
I am a huge fan of Zegna for work wear but I am very happy with Banana Republic for everyday wear because they tend to have a more athletic cut to a lot of their clothing.
For footwear, it's:

http://www.toboot.com/

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2010, 06:32:46 AM »
 ;)

body88

« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2010, 08:17:09 AM »
In all fairness, nobody - NOBODY- could look like Cary Grant. That'd be, like, expecting every woman to look like Audrey Hepburn.

In regards to looks, true.

A proper tailor and the correct fabric choices can have you styled just as well. It's not like he had access to clothing only he could buy. In the picture, he's wearing a american cut, grey three peice, worsted wool suit w a black trench.

There are plently of ugly dudes who had impeccable style:

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2010, 09:17:58 AM »
What would be your picks?

Here are mine:
Ermenegildo Zegna
http://www.zegna.com/

Kenneth Cole
http://www.kennethcole.com/home/index.jsp

vintage john c grimek giant pants is the way to go.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2010, 09:32:06 AM »
you can pick up this little number from Singlets "R" Us
F

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2010, 09:45:28 AM »
If i had stacks of money, i would prob dress like Ari Gold from entourage, like Jay-Z says

But y'all niggas acting way to tough
Throw on a suit get it tapered up, and let's just

Change clothes and go cuz You know I stay, fresh to death

big14

• Getbig III
  • Big muscles are so cool
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2010, 10:22:36 AM »
I dont like the latest trendy stuff, I found my style and I dont care if people
dont like the color combinations or the fabric, because they are few years old.
This stuff fits me better like:

when going to the playground and the park:

workout gear at the gym:

For visiting people, friends or girlfriends parents, shopping or work related meetings
 :

B

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2010, 11:11:24 AM »
I dont like the latest trendy stuff, I found my style and I dont care if people
dont like the color combinations or the fabric, because they are few years old.
This stuff fits me better like:

when going to the playground and the park:

workout gear at the gym:

For visiting people, friends or girlfriends parents, shopping or work related meetings
 :

if third guy was a women  they would call him eileen or seeing he's an oriental irene, i got a million of em.
F

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2010, 11:45:03 AM »
Ralph Lauren
Joseph Aboud
Guess

newmom

« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2010, 11:49:54 AM »
Ralph Lauren
Joseph Aboud
Guess

aldo shoes?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2010, 11:58:44 AM »
In all fairness, nobody - NOBODY- could look like Cary Grant. That'd be, like, expecting every woman to look like Audrey Hepburn.

The actor from that era had it going on.  Class and more class.  Guys, like Cary Grant &  Gene Kelly and other leading actors were just aweesome
No Worries 4 me

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2010, 03:58:51 PM »
You forgot that some of us might have jobs that require to dress up. it's also good to have a wardrobe in which at a moments notice, you can put a outfit together and not feel out of place at Ruth Chris.
When I went to college my mother stipulated that I must have a least one sportscoat or blazer and khakis, just in case for a school function, on campus interview or going to church service.

This could not be the any more untrue, and I expect your opinion is reflective of your age.

If you ever have aspirations to make something of yourself, and your on a job interview, and things are close between you and another candid, a employer is always going to give the edge a well put together individual.

Resumes are comparable, experience is close, but you walk in looking like you don't give a shit about your attire and your competitor is using clothing as an additional reflection of their persona; you lose, they win.

Clothing has been used as a tool to make an impact on people for centuries. Ever hear the saying: "you look like a millions bucks"?

I've got news for you; first impressions can do a lot for ones career, and since you have weird proportions due to your size, throwing on "whatever" likely makes you look like a neanderthol to 95% of the population.

As said, it's not about labels or cost, it's about wearing clothing that fits you well and maximizes your credibility.

your both right and i completely forgot about the life of people with professional jobs. in that case, yes dressing nice definitely makes sense. but in that case were talking about black suits and peacoats, not what pop culture and the jersey shore fashion wanna-be's think is "stylish". thats mainly what i was refering to. 18-29 y.o. dudes dressing up everyday like their going to be in a music video.

body88

« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2010, 05:20:36 PM »
your both right and i completely forgot about the life of people with professional jobs. in that case, yes dressing nice definitely makes sense. but in that case were talking about black suits and peacoats, not what pop culture and the jersey shore fashion wanna-be's think is "stylish". thats mainly what i was refering to. 18-29 y.o. dudes dressing up everyday like their going to be in a music video.

I agree with you, there are a lot of "fashions" out there that are terrible. And as I said, you could look like a smooth fucker in a properly proportioned button down, a tailored sport jacket from j crew and a pair of selvege jeans from Levis, with some decent shoes. Women will instantly find you more attractive, and it wont cost you a fortune or give of an air of metro...

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2010, 05:22:57 PM »
if team nasser could afford it, they would wear used nasser outfits

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2010, 09:32:28 PM »
I agree with you, there are a lot of "fashions" out there that are terrible. And as I said, you could look like a smooth fucker in a properly proportioned button down, a tailored sport jacket from j crew and a pair of selvege jeans from Levis, with some decent shoes. Women will instantly find you more attractive, and it wont cost you a fortune or give of an air of metro...

;D i wouldnt want that..

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: August 05, 2010, 05:15:19 AM »
   vintage john c grimek giant pants is the way to go.

LMAO!  Holy shit that dude was fucking amazing!  Grimek was the pinnacle of what physical culture was all about.  Look at those arms.  Easily rivaled those fo Arnold and even Coleman. 

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2010, 05:24:25 AM »
You guys need to post on the ladies board ...FFS what has become of this place ? talking about farkin clothes , jesus age christ  :-\

newmom

« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2010, 06:14:54 AM »
You guys need to post on the ladies board ...FFS what has become of this place ? talking about farkin clothes , jesus age christ  :-\

;D ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2010, 06:21:24 AM »
Been posted before but still classic.

body88

« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2010, 06:40:56 AM »

;D ;D

As opposed to discussing the ripped glutes of men in thongs?

newmom

« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2010, 06:44:35 AM »
As opposed to discussing the ripped glutes of men in thongs?

no arguements from me there either

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2010, 08:06:20 AM »

Its Jesus H Christ...not jesus age christ

for fucks sake will.....

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #149 on: August 05, 2010, 10:03:39 AM »
LMAO!  Holy shit that dude was fucking amazing!  Grimek was the pinnacle of what physical culture was all about.  Look at those arms.  Easily rivaled those fo Arnold and even Coleman. 
even more amazing grimek was 66 years old in giant pants pic.
F