Author Topic: Questions for Bob Chick (Bodybuilding/Olympics)  (Read 4921 times)

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Questions for Bob Chick (Bodybuilding/Olympics)
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 03:34:44 AM »
They have athletic competitions in the Olympics,  they call them sports.  Bodybuilding isn't one of these things. 

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 03:52:56 AM »
Isn't Bob the "Athletes Rep"...... Athletes - athletic - olympics ???
P

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 03:58:22 AM »
Bob if I come up to you at the Olympia and say "hi bob, im nzmusclemonster"....... would you give me a hi 5 or would you have no idea what i was talking about  :(
P

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 04:03:40 AM »
In regards to natural competitions :

Natural bodybuilding is a great thing and gives you a healthy, strong and fit body BUT natural competitions are boring.

I don't want to see some fit but small guys and pay money for it - nothing impressive about a natural esp. when put under stage lighting.
No wow-factor , nothing .. I've seen bodies like that a hundred times before and see a better one every time I look in the mirror so why would I pay for that ?
On the other hand IFBB pros are huge , impressive and you don't see that kind of muscularity very often. Even if you're a juiced up gymrat you're not close to that size - it's something special to be that big and it is what the fans of bodybuilding want to see.

That's just my opinion about REAL natural shows - of course Musclemania and co. don't count as people competing in those are about as natural as most NPC and IFBB competitors.

True natural at 6-7% bf will look small and stringy on stage - there might be some exceptions to that but certainly not enough to fill a contest.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 04:27:49 AM »
Bob if I come up to you at the Olympia and say "hi bob, im nzmusclemonster"....... would you give me a hi 5 or would you have no idea what i was talking about  :(
Thumbs up pose  8)

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2010, 05:18:43 AM »
They have athletic competitions in the Olympics,  they call them sports.  Bodybuilding isn't one of these things. 

I think that Darts has a better of chance of being an Olympic sport! it displays  more athletic ability than BB, has 1000% larger fan base, and the competitors are more respected.

Why would you want the male version of the Miss. America pageant in the Olympics?  ???
I

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2010, 05:55:56 AM »

Ill remember the name...I've had plenty from the boards come up and say hello....amazingly, none of the tough guys or douchbags.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2010, 08:16:19 AM »
Ill remember the name...I've had plenty from the boards come up and say hello....amazingly, none of the tough guys or douchbags.
Yes. the internet badass/douchebag are rarely seen in person at expos :P

Lucky YOU Bob, get to talk with rambling space cadets like me and the Mayor of BB hehe

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2010, 08:28:19 AM »

That's why the internet is so great for these guys.  Back in our day someone talk shit about you at sometime you are going to see the guy.  No one used fake names or used the telephone to threaten you.  Someone talk shit about you, one of your friends tells you and you go find the guy.  The internet has spawned a new breed of bad ass.
No Worries 4 me