Author Topic: Most hated excersise and piece of equipment in the gym  (Read 9699 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Most hated excersise and piece of equipment in the gym
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2010, 03:45:24 PM »
Least favorite:

Squat rack

Bench press

Favorite exercise:

We've got a lot in common my brother...

haha
S

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2010, 03:49:59 PM »
haha, at all the hate on smith machines......and even hammer strength......almost all the equipment is fine to use as long as you use it properly and push yourself.  I've known quite a few guys who babble about "only free weights man....I'm hardcore!"  and they squat w/3 inches range of motion, bounce the bar off their chest on bench and do the sway back-hip thrust for bicep curls......LOL
How else are they gonna take their biceps out of the exercise!? 

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2010, 05:29:11 PM »
If i could get rid of one thing at my gym it would be this piece of shit... THE MIRROR... worst thing to put in a gym, every twink in the world wants to see themselves doing 10lb DB curls or in front of the racks

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2010, 04:54:33 AM »
How else are they gonna take their biceps out of the exercise!? 

haha, EXACTLY!  Don't want to actually work the muscle you are supposed to right?

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2010, 05:02:16 AM »
If i could get rid of one thing at my gym it would be this piece of shit... THE MIRROR... worst thing to put in a gym, every twink in the world wants to see themselves doing 10lb DB curls or in front of the racks

[img]http://www.24oranges.nl/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/bodybuilder_in_the_mirror.jpg[img]
I seriously wonder what would happen to gym membership numbers, if all gyms removed all mirrors. I suspect numbers would plummet by 50% or more.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2010, 05:44:10 AM »
Cable crossover station... Hate hate hate it million little guys 140 lbs some not even hit pubertyas yet everybody wants t do cable crossovers max holding up the cable station doing cable crossovers.... And old fat guys Not realising that is an advanced isolation movement which means you need to first have pecs.... So when a serious trainer like myself wants to do pressdowns it's full of guys lining up to do cable crossovers
That's because everyone's too lazy to do free weights. Now its all cables and gas.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2010, 06:17:49 AM »
Very true nobody wants to do the hard excerises
guy will do pull downs with the stack ... Can't do 5 chins
guy will put four plates on the bench press and get his friends to pull it off him
won't do dumbell presses because they are hard and you can't gethis friend to pull it off him
guys like Arnold etc back in the day were the real deal they did all excersises. 90%of pros today train like pussies..
choice is an illusion

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2010, 06:19:49 AM »
Smith is good for shoulder presses and shrugs, that's about it.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2010, 08:29:11 AM »
Agree it goof for a bit of variety when it comes to shoulders and maybe incline presses but that's it....
choice is an illusion

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2010, 11:32:39 AM »
Today again 3 guys on the cable cross overs 5 minutes between sets messing about on their phones
looked like they have never worked out fat endomorph that a belongs under some dumbells or barbells after a good hour run on the treadmill.. just in the gym to fuck around after standing there for ten minutes asked how many sets left guy said 5 sets do I want to work in I just lagged and sai it's ok
made me wonder if I dint have the genetics for muscle building ... Would I even waste my time lifting weights or would I just do cardio and keep in shape...
choice is an illusion

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2010, 06:13:54 PM »
At least they're in the gym instead of the chip shop.  What do you expect from novices?  Cut 'em some slack.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2010, 11:16:45 PM »
May as well be in the chip shop.... Everyone was a novice once but the key is trying to learn. These fools come in an do the same shit week in week out.... Also when I was a novice  I started training at a leisure centre till I learned how to work out properly started to out grow the gym then I moved to a hardcore gym ... These kids nowadays feel no way to start straight in a hard core gym which is fine if you are there to train trustme man there is nothing more annoying than seeing some stupid kid lying on a bench you're waiting to use doing one arm flat dumbell presesses while his other arm holding a mobile phone to his other ear laughing andtalking away ... Go do that dumb shit in a leisure centre.
choice is an illusion