Author Topic: 70% oppose Mosque at Ground Zero  (Read 7036 times)

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
Re: 70% oppose Mosque at Ground Zero
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2010, 09:15:07 AM »
240 is right, kazan and 3333 are wrong

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2010, 09:21:41 AM »
Really, care to expound or are we just supposed accept your "expert" opinion?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2010, 09:22:48 AM »
240 is right, kazan and 3333 are wrong

::)  ::)  

So do you agree with the right of the Japanese to place a floating Shinto Shrine in Pearl Harbor?  

YES OR NO? ? ? ? ?  

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2010, 09:38:27 AM »
you weren't free to walk away and felt you may have had the need to become physical or even kill them to protect yourself?  so it was an unlawful restraint or kidnapping situation then.  did you call the police? 

bump for jaguarenterprises answer

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2010, 09:42:32 AM »

::)  ::) 

So do you agree with the right of the Japanese to place a floating Shinto Shrine in Pearl Harbor? 

YES OR NO? ? ? ? ? 
[/quot

theres one as you come into pearl harbor

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »

::)  ::) 

YES OR NO? ? ? ? ? 
[/quot

theres one as you come into pearl harbor

source? 

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2010, 09:44:05 AM »

YES OR NO? ? ? ? ?  

do you think christian churches have a right to be built in the south where the KKK, which claimed christian fundamentalism as foundation for their attacks on blacks and jews, were centered and carried out their terrorist acts?

Ever heard the phrase "don't let one apple spoil the whole bunch?"

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2010, 09:46:02 AM »
You're a Muslim that was forcefully converted when Islamic fundamentalists sacked the Toronto Zoo and took over the Llama and Orangutan habitats. I can see how the Muslim part of your background is probably the least offensive to your sensibilities.

Lol.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2010, 09:50:38 AM »
do you think christian churches have a right to be built in the south where the KKK, which claimed christian fundamentalism as foundation for their attacks on blacks and jews, were centered and carried out their terrorist acts?

Ever heard the phrase "don't let one apple spoil the whole bunch?"

????????????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kkk

Maybe you need to go read history some more. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2010, 09:50:48 AM »

Yahoo:
Traditionally the KKK was predominantly Baptist, but with an ecumenical attitude toward Pentecostals.

I disagree completely with the KKK belief system.  But I would have no problem with any Baptist group trying to build a church near a spot where terrible things once happened.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2010, 09:52:23 AM »
????????????

their website (shows up on page 2 of a google search on this topic) claims "Christian" as their religion. 

Who cares, really.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2010, 09:52:43 AM »
Hawaii’s Domestication of Shinto

by James Whitehurst

Dr. Whitehurst is professor of religion at Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington. This article appeared in the Christian Century November 21, 1984, p. 1100. Copyright by the Christian Century Foundation and used by permission. Current articles and subscription information can be found at www.christiancentury.org. This material was prepared for Religion Online by Ted & Winnie Brock.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An American flag waves briskly in the breeze beside a Shinto shrine on the major freeway leading from Honolulu to Pearl Harbor. Just five miles away is the spot where Japanese planes dropped their bombs on the American fleet.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2010, 09:53:55 AM »
????????????

you're using wikipedia? I know many people that were former members of the KKK, I know what they believe. Some of my family's land was used for their meetings. The point being is that we don't ban and hate all baptists (christians) because of what a few radicals believed and carried out. I hope we're smart enough to be able to seperate the two, the radicals and the mainstream teaching of that religion.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2010, 09:56:54 AM »
Hawaii’s Domestication of Shinto

by James Whitehurst

Dr. Whitehurst is professor of religion at Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington. This article appeared in the Christian Century November 21, 1984, p. 1100. Copyright by the Christian Century Foundation and used by permission. Current articles and subscription information can be found at www.christiancentury.org. This material was prepared for Religion Online by Ted & Winnie Brock.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An American flag waves briskly in the breeze beside a Shinto shrine on the major freeway leading from Honolulu to Pearl Harbor. Just five miles away is the spot where Japanese planes dropped their bombs on the American fleet.

Fine, I have no problem with the Imam placing this mess in Staten Island, Brooklyn, or New Jersy, all about 5 miles away. 

I asked you about a floating shrine in the harbor on top of the sunken ships where the attack occurred.   

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2010, 10:00:17 AM »
Yahoo:
Traditionally the KKK was predominantly Baptist, but with an ecumenical attitude toward Pentecostals.

I disagree completely with the KKK belief system.  But I would have no problem with any Baptist group trying to build a church near a spot where terrible things once happened.

Exactly. Nobody cares about whether baptists build churches close to where there were once a hanging center for blacks. Its the same issue. Why doesn't anyone make a big fuss about baptists and KKK the same way as muslim and terrorists? Because one is white and the other isnt  :)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2010, 10:01:57 AM »
well as far as i know their not building the mosque where the buildings stood, so really your not comparing apples to apples

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2010, 10:03:02 AM »
Fine, I have no problem with the Imam placing this mess in Staten Island, Brooklyn, or New Jersy, all about 5 miles away.  

So 10 blocks is too close, and 5 miles away is okay.

What about 4.9 miles?

By the way, what standards/rubric are you using to decide how close is too close?

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2010, 10:04:17 AM »

I asked you about a floating shrine in the harbor on top of the sunken ships where the attack occurred.   

Maybe you should read your quote again on what you asked

YES OR NO? ? ? ? ?  
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2010, 10:06:14 AM »
Exactly. Nobody cares about whether baptists build churches close to where there were once a hanging center for blacks. Its the same issue. Why doesn't anyone make a big fuss about baptists and KKK the same way as muslim and terrorists? Because one is white and the other isnt  :)

The Imam pushing this thing has not disavowed many radical sects of islam, so if you can show me churches being opened by people of similar ilk, I would be against them too.  

To me, this is like the Westboro Baptist freaks, sure they have a techincal legal right to do it, but they should not be at all surprised when people hold them in utter and unmitigated contempt and disdain.  

And while Dear Failure is paying for this Imam to go on his world conquest tour, why dont we insist he pressures SA to allow churches to be opened in Mecca? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2010, 10:08:10 AM »
well as far as i know their not building the mosque where the buildings stood, so really your not comparing apples to apples

You are not from NY so you have no freaking clue what you are talking about No. 1.  No. 2 you posted ana rticle about a shrine 5 miles away, which is fine w me if this Imam wants to build this thing in Brooklyn, Harlem, Staten Island Etc. 

This very building was hit by the landing gear of one of the planes some of you freaks think never hit the building.   

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2010, 10:10:16 AM »
So 10 blocks is too close, and 5 miles away is okay.

What about 4.9 miles?

By the way, what standards/rubric are you using to decide how close is too close?

There is no standard or rubric he is using...It is the 'ambulance chaser' mentality at work. Find a prevailing issue and scream your head off the loudest about it. 3 Doesn't even live in New york City according to him, and where he does live is about 20 miles from Ground Zero, so why is he concerned about the matter at all??

Controlled Demolition, Fake Terrorist, Patsies, Domestic Terrorism..etc etc It has all been discovered at his point...only FOOLS believe US government tripe
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2010, 10:10:36 AM »
Maybe you should read your quote again on what you asked

The landing gear of one of the planes you claim never hit the building crashed into this very site.  So yes, the two are the same.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2010, 10:11:39 AM »
So how do you reach your numbers?

5 miles away isn't "too painful", but 10 blocks away is too painful?

What about a building FIVE BLOCKS away that wasn't hit with any landing gear?

It's so SUBJECTIVE - and that's the problem.  I'm fine with a law saying "NO religious structures within 5280 feet".  But saying a certain religion can't be there, cause 10 years ago some of its followers did something?  And that 11 blocks is okay, but 10 is not, because it "feels" right?

Mufckers gotta learn to separate emotion from lawmaking.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2010, 10:12:27 AM »
There is no standard or rubric he is using...It is the 'ambulance chaser' mentality at work. Find a prevailing issue and scream your head off the loudest about it. 3 Doesn't even live in New york City according to him, and where he does live is about 20 miles from Ground Zero, so why is he concerned about the matter at all??

Controlled Demolition, Fake Terrorist, Patsies, Domestic Terrorism..etc etc It has all been discovered at his point...only FOOLS believe US government tripe

My building is literally on the border of NYC, literally.  I am down there 3-5 times a week, and it is 9 miles to the tip of manhattan.  Maybe you should learn some geography.  From my Nabe we used to be able to see the Twin Towers.  

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2010, 10:13:55 AM »
The Imam pushing this thing has not disavowed many radical sects of islam, so if you can show me churches being opened by people of similar ilk, I would be against them too

a ton of churches in the south have ties with the KKK, its nothing secret, people just prefer not to bring it up. I see no ties between this proposed building in NYC and the people that hijacked the planes on september 11, so which of these two are worse?  

To me, this is like the Westboro Baptist freaks, sure they have a techincal legal right to do it, but they should not be at all surprised when people hold them in utter and unmitigated contempt and disdain.  

It's not government's job to invoke what someone believes to be "immoral".

And while Dear Failure is paying for this Imam to go on his world conquest tour, why dont we insist he pressures SA to allow churches to be opened in Mecca?

You're saying that its the US government's job to tell other countries how and to what degree they should tolerate religion within their borders?