Author Topic: Obama throws his support behind Mosque being built near ground zero  (Read 8032 times)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Obama throws his support behind Mosque being built near ground zero
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2010, 12:05:06 PM »

The thing is there are BILLIONS of non-radical muslim families that practice a peaceful version of islam, that do no want to go kill eveyone in site, that are brought up with a sense of love, who treat women as equals who respect them etc etc, how come you guys are discounting them?

Whether they are practicing the true version of islam or a more lenient (say a modernized version of the religion), they are still there, and are peaceful loving people.  Why are they being discounted in this discussion?  I'm a bit confused, enlighten me getbig!

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2010, 12:07:19 PM »
The thing is there are BILLIONS of non-radical muslim families that practice a peaceful version of islam, that do no want to go kill eveyone in site, that are brought up with a sense of love, who treat women as equals who respect them etc etc, how come you guys are discounting them?

Whether they are practicing the true version of islam or a more lenient (say a modernized version of the religion), they are still there, and are peaceful loving people.  Why are they being discounted in this discussion?  I'm a bit confused, enlighten me getbig!

The problem is that these billions of cool muslim don't criticize the bad muslim.

Don't be stupid guy, if one day a religion war happen, cool muslim or bad muslim = muslim.
asstropin

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2010, 12:33:56 PM »
the new yorkers are going to tear that place up. lol.

whats funny is that the head of a huge canadian muslim association has even spoke out publicly about it.

they feel it is insensitive to build a muslim community center/mosque so close to the location where "members of their own faith" (his words) killed so many innocent people.

and I think they are right.

I never thought I'd agree with Hulkser.  :)

(P.S. Dorian is bettter)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2010, 01:57:48 PM »
The problem is that these billions of cool muslim don't criticize the bad muslim.

You couldn't be more wrong in that statement.  Believe me I've lived in a muslim country in the past, there are very harsh criticisizms.  These muslim countries in themselves have been victims of fundamentalistic islamic attacks, bomb attacks, etc.... Egypt (a muslim country) has been battling fundementalistic islam far before the US ever considered it a problem.... And believe me there is a ZERO tolerance policy in regards to that, if the Egyptian government for a second believes you to be a religous radical your ass is going in a cell faster than you can blink!

Jon Cole, how many Muslims do you actually know, how many muslim countries have you actually visited?  There are peaceful muslims out there and they do criticize the extremists, believe me I know MUSLIM friends who have lost family members as a result of radical islamic terrorist attacks, they have very harsh words for those "bad" muslims.

Look... I don't know if the the religion in itself is a peaceful one or not because
1.  The scriptures are so obscure and has been interpreted in so many different ways some have said its not peaceful some have said it is. 
2.  I don't practice islam or any organized religion any more... and
3. I have my own questions about the religion...  But with all that being said...  PEACEFUL MUSLIMS DO EXIST and they exist in a large quantity, whether they are practicing the true form of islam or not, and yes I know the radicals are there too and also in large quantities, but many on here are looking at only the negative side and ignoring the positive....

And let me tell you something else... if Obama had banned the building of that mosque, then America would be no better than a country like Saudi Arabia which does strictly enforce islamic law nation wide! 

Do you want to live in a nation where religion/places of worship is in the hand of the government? or do you want to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave?

CC973

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2010, 02:14:06 PM »
But their own religion teaches to use force against the infidels (non muslims). It also teaches death to anyone that isnt a muslim.

The  Bible says to do good deeds and it says the evils you do in secret will be made evident one day but in the end God will be the judge but the Quran teaches that anyone could be put to death and each muslim has the right to put non muslims to death who dont believe what they believe...read the darn Quran..dont say it is a religion pof peace when it  is Islamic law to put people death who arent muslims

The problem is that people take bits and pieces of verses and interpret them in a way that suits their own agenda. The overwhelming message of the Quran is that peace is to be found through submission, faith, and justice among fellow human beings. Terms like holy war and jihad get misinterpreted to mean something other than what the Quran teaches. The verses that do speak of violence are only justified in terms of self defense...The Quran tells Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive battle -- i.e. if an enemy army attacks, then Muslims are to fight against that army until they stop their aggression. All of the verses that speak about fighting/war in the Qur'an are in this context. There are some specific verses that are very often "snipped" out of context, either by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who wish to justify their aggressive tactics.

Example.....

One verse (in its snipped version) reads: "slay them
wherever you catch them" (Qur'an 2:191). But who is this referring to?
Who are "they" that this verse discusses? The preceding and following
verses give the correct context:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress
limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you
catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for
tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter... But if they cease, God
is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful... If they cease, let there be no
hostility except to those who practice oppression" (2:190-193).

It is clear from the context that these verses are discussing a
defensive war, when a Muslim community is attacked without reason,
oppressed and prevented from practicing their faith. In these
circumstances, permission is given to fight back -- but even then
Muslims are instructed not to transgress limits, and to cease fighting
as soon as the attacker gives up. Even in these circumstances, Muslim
are only to fight directly against those who are attacking them, not
innocent bystanders or non-combatants.

Nowhere in the Qur'an can be found support for indiscriminate slaughter, the killing of non-combatants, or murder of innocent persons in 'payback' for another people's alleged crimes.
The Islamic teachings on this subject can be summed up in the following
verses (Qur'an 60:7-8):

"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and
those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all
things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for
(your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and
justly with them: for God loves those who are just"

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2010, 03:27:09 PM »
Let's be realistic here: any decision Obama would have made would have made him look unamerican. If he was against building the Mosque, then he is unamerican because he is denying people their rights (we all know America is about freedom and rights, blah, blah, blah). If he is in favor of building the mosque, that makes him unamerican because he will be labeled a traitor.

The guy can't win.

Losers can't win. Obama is a loser.. Come on 2012... Get this asshead out of office.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2010, 04:29:16 PM »
I, as a patriotic american, am all in favor of building this mosque.  I cant think of anything which more clearly illustrates why we are the most evolved nation on Earth.

Besides, its about time we got to blow up something of theirs.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2010, 05:24:20 PM »
I support the killing of muslims.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2010, 05:41:45 PM »
I, as a patriotic american, am all in favor of building this mosque.  I cant think of anything which more clearly illustrates why we are the most evolved nation on Earth.

Besides, its about time we got to blow up something of theirs.

;D
Flower Boy Ran Away

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2010, 05:45:47 PM »
Obama must have run across Jimmy Carter's foreign policy notes hidden away in the Oval Office.

good position, Barry.......see ya in 2012.......