Author Topic: Richard Jones, was he all hype?  (Read 12646 times)

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
Re: Richard Jones, was he all hype?
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2010, 04:10:10 PM »
Yeah, G_Thang has posted a pic a million times before...

Really? I didn't see it.............blonde chick looks good to me though.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2010, 04:13:19 PM »
Why does he bother with BB when he has professional degrees he can use

as shawn told knoxville...how the hell i cant afford a lambo on 150k  x 12 yrs with a sister as an attorney?  i think shawn has a sociology degree which doesn't pay that.  i'd say he probably earns more now than working with juveniles.  obviously...richard fell back on his BA/MBA.  Ronnie Police/Acct vs MrO?  Phil Computer Science vs Top six fig pro?  if you're a top guy...you get to lift weights, travel and eat.  BTW...i dont think shawn has ever had a real job.  MD and Goat Cheese company dont count.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2010, 04:15:08 PM »
Why does he bother with BB when he has professional degrees he can use
Because, like anything, some people have a passion for it...the iron bug bit him prolly when he was in college. Here is a clip of him at 22

he views it as a hobby, but he was damn good at it, better than most people who have earned a pro card. Imagine all those athletes in other sports and what they could look like if they took up bbing.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2010, 04:55:49 PM »
Because, like anything, some people have a passion for it...the iron bug bit him prolly when he was in college. Here is a clip of him at 22

he views it as a hobby, but he was damn good at it, better than most people who have earned a pro card. Imagine all those athletes in other sports and what they could look like if they took up bbing.

I gotta laugh (sorry) at both you two responding to my comment...Are you sure neither of you two have a tounge or cock up eachothers' ass??? Cause you two damn sure show up at the same time it's hilarious....
You Can't Do It!!!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2010, 05:30:41 PM »
I gotta laugh (sorry) at both you two responding to my comment...Are you sure neither of you two have a tounge or cock up eachothers' ass??? Cause you two damn sure show up at the same time it's hilarious....

standard wake a$$ getdumb response.  yet another one i cant remember a post from.  anyway...us browns, no matter the nation, language barrier or tribe, are likely to show up in threads which generally pertain to us...stupid ass.   and people of color if it is shawn, the Dominicans  ::) , alicia harris  :o , etc rank at the top.  did you ever notice minorities dont pay attention or seldom respond to my tranny posts...just the crackers like you (no racist)?  ;D

anyway...time to check out.  peace.   

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2010, 05:34:19 PM »
standard wake a$$ getdumb response.  yet another one i cant remember a post from.  anyway...us browns, no matter the nation, language barrier or tribe, are likely to show up in threads which generally pertain to us...stupid ass.   and people of color if it is shawn, the Dominicans  ::) , alicia harris  :o , etc rank at the top.  did you ever notice minorities dont pay attention or seldom respond to my tranny posts...just the crackers like you (no racist)?  ;D

I was just statin the facts "bro" lol...Get offended if you want to. I really don't really give a damn I just think it is hilarious....Never made any link between Jone's race and what I thought by the way....
You Can't Do It!!!

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2010, 05:49:11 PM »

Did you ever notice how Parker doesn't back you on idiotic posts??? There is a reason for that....How bout you think about your brown shaded eyes and what others might think with out color of skin an issue???
You Can't Do It!!!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2010, 06:01:56 PM »
I responded because it was stated before and also by Richard Jones as well

He took time off to pursue his Masters, he also was working as LE as well

I don't respond to G_Thang's posts of certain things because as he says he counter balances the other "posters", at one time I used to do that.
Also,  he in a sense was right, regardless of you not making a comment, when there is thread about a person of color, it's bound to happen that several posters will respond to the same comment.
 G has a way of saying it. Thata his way.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2010, 06:24:23 PM »

I don't respond to G_Thang's posts of certain things because as he says he counter balances the other "posters", at one time I used to do that.
Also,  he in a sense was right, regardless of you not making a comment, when there is thread about a person of color, it's bound to happen that several posters will respond to the same comment.

Oh well, put yourself on his level....I know it doesn't mean shit, but thanks to you and G for further retarding your race....Keep up the good work for pointing out race rather than anything else....Let me be racist now; and say a brother can't fight for himself...
You Can't Do It!!!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2010, 06:28:39 AM »

Also,  he in a sense was right, regardless of you not making a comment, when there is thread about a person of color, it's bound to happen that several posters will respond to the same comment.

stop wasting you time....parker...explain ing stuff.  anyway...where is your girl...azusa?  i bet she knows this chick.  if she pms you about her...let me know.  i had family back in fullerton in the day.  they are in north cal now.  thanks.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2010, 06:36:30 AM »
stop wasting you time....parker...explain ing stuff.  anyway...where is your girl...azusa?  i bet she knows this chick.  if she pms you about her...let me know.  i had family back in fullerton in the day.  they are in north cal now.  thanks.

I believe that is Karen Toucher, his one time fiance..

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2010, 06:40:22 AM »
I believe that is Karen Toucher, his one time fiance..

azusa couldn't match the name with the face. 

CC973

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2010, 07:01:13 AM »
looked great by himself but when you put him on stage against other pros he disappears.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2010, 08:43:55 AM »
No one has anything to say about the look on that guy's face?  Really?!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2010, 08:50:55 AM »
No one has anything to say about the look on that guy's face?  Really?!

He's not hideous enough to justify a 'movie star good looks' comment.

And like the guy above mentioned, he looked great by himself, but got outmuscled big time in just about every call out. He bore a resemblance to Shawn facially and even structurally in part, which he emphasised by posing very similar to Shawn. But Shawn was leagues above RJ at all times.

Mags like FLEX just hype whoever is new on the scene with something (remotely) interesting about them - their looks or their strength or some other oddity.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2010, 08:58:00 AM »
Nah, not ugly.  And a pround member of team shavehead.  Looks like the photographer caught him mid-belch tho.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2010, 09:36:08 AM »
He was a ladies man here he is in 97 with the chick he was with before the wife
Damn that  Shawn Ray....She has that pretty , fresh from the farm look (HOT!)
In that pic he looks like Lurch saying ; " You rang"

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2010, 09:46:28 AM »
richard johns was al hype ,,not even remotely close to ray,,he saw what it takes to make damage and how mauch money and hormones,,he saw that you can diet all year long and work your ass btu if you dont have EVERY FUCKIN DRUG YOU NEED you wont look better and even not the same as a year prior,,he decided it was too much ,,bodybuilding is a drug cult my friends,,you need to know your drugs ,,if for one second you think you can compete on testosterone only at any good level you are severely mistaken!

gh15 approved
fallen angel

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2010, 09:54:08 AM »
richard johns was al hype ,,not even remotely close to ray,,he saw what it takes to make damage and how mauch money and hormones,,he saw that you can diet all year long and work your ass btu if you dont have EVERY FUCKIN DRUG YOU NEED you wont look better and even not the same as a year prior,,he decided it was too much ,,bodybuilding is a drug cult my friends,,you need to know your drugs ,,if for one second you think you can compete on testosterone only at any good level you are severely mistaken!

gh15 approved

whatever!  richard jones did what zucco, sean paul and some others did which was to pick a upper five - six fig real 9-6 career vs a life as a 2nd - 3rd tier pro.  if i couldnt make an impact at the pro level similar to phil heath...bbing would just be my hobby.

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2010, 01:18:07 PM »

gh15 approved

You say "richard johns" was "al hype" but then go on to say how he made a conscious decision not to risk his health and spend all his money to compete at a higher level. He had a perfect structure and the ability to put on lots of striated muscle. It may have been a stretch to peg him as a future Mr. O, but he definitely wasn't "al hype".

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2010, 04:09:19 PM »
He had to kill Bob Morton.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2010, 04:14:19 PM »
I think Shawn Ray created the hype surrounding this guy.

He's good, but he lacks too many things.

His arms aren't big enough
to match his chest.

His thighs are too big for his calves.

He hits one pose.

ln that, he looks like a big spider.

;D You should steal his T shirt

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2010, 04:28:47 PM »
I believe that is Karen Taucher, his one time fiance..

That's her

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2010, 05:07:10 PM »
I kinda agree with you on the first part. But, it seems that it was part Shawn, part Flex that created the hype. I remember seeing a pic of him in Flex when he was competing at 180 pounds---awesome chest. I think someone at the Weider/Flex staff took notice and saw the similarities and so it began

here is the cover

I also agree with you G as well. Dude had a job and school, but Richard has been at the bbing game since his early 20s, and now he is in his mid 30s, done pretty well for a mere hobby, when those who take it serious have Jack squat.

That was the first FLEX I bought lol

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2010, 05:18:21 PM »
He had to kill Bob Morton.
Nicely played, Sir!   ;D