Author Topic: Saints Chosen by NFL to repeat, what a load of ref controlled SHIT  (Read 4488 times)

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
Re: Saints Chosen by NFL to repeat, what a load of ref controlled SHIT
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2010, 09:38:57 PM »
Bears killed the Saints 39-14 in a snowy ugly, smashmouth game.  A small 'lean' fix only works when shit is close, as it was last year in the NFC championship.  Sometimes a shitty selling team just kicks the crap outta the media darlings.

Then they had to go to Plan B, "Two black coaches meet for the first time"

They have a narrative planned to sell every game, that one was cool too.  but not nearly as big as "an entire city devestated has its return to glory!" a year later.

Sooooooo, Rob why didn't they try to help the calls for the Saints the year before that??? Or how about the year after the 07' season, why weren't they chosen then....Rob grow up
You Can't Do It!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2010, 09:41:43 PM »
Sooooooo, Rob why didn't they try to help the calls for the Saints the year before that??? Or how about the year after the 07' season, why weren't they chosen then....Rob grow up

IMO, the team has to be very good.  Saints just weren't at that elite level yet.  You can't just pick a 1-15 team and decide they'll be in the Super bowl the next year.

But you can look at one of the 5 or 6 best teams, and do everything possible to give them good playoff position and the benefit of the doubt in close games.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2010, 09:43:58 PM »
IMO, the team has to be very good.  Saints just weren't at that elite level yet.  You can't just pick a 1-15 team and decide they'll be in the Super bowl the next year.

But you can look at one of the 5 or 6 best teams, and do everything possible to give them good playoff position and the benefit of the doubt in close games.

Come on Rob....Then any team that can achieve a .500 season, but has something bad happen to their area is a guranteed superbowl eventhough it may be 5 years later...This is gettin ridiculous
You Can't Do It!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2010, 09:46:20 PM »
again, i'm not saying it was guaranteed anything.  Just that, looking at that last series of the NFC championship game... and the way Howard was called for nonstop fouls when standing still.... I do see times when the refs seem to want one team to make it to the final game.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2010, 07:45:56 AM »
best ratings for opening game for a season.  add that to the best ratings ever for a sporting event with the superbowl.  if the nfl can continue to sell the comeback story of the saints and post katrina, and continue to have these kind of ratings...you are doing crack if you think the nfl will not pull strings again if this team gets to the playoffs again.  ratings  may even be better if there is a repeat.

Saints' win vs. Vikings draws best TV rating ever for NFL's opening night game

The NFL started the 2010 regular season in the same spot in the same spot it ended last season -- with TV viewership reaching record levels.

NBC's telecast of the New Orleans Saints' 14-9 win against the Minnesota Vikings drew a 17.7 overnight rating. That translates to 17.7% of viewers in 56 urban TV markets that are measured for overnight ratings.

The Vikings-Saints overnight is the highest for an NFL primetime regular-season game in 13 years and the top overnight rating ever for an opening night game ever.

The NFL has started its season on Thursday night since 2002.

The game drew a 28 share which translates into 28% of all TV households with televisions on at the time.

It continued a trend of boffo TV viewership for the NFL.

An average of more than 16 million viewers watched each regular-season game last season, the highest level since 1990. And the Saints' win in Super Bowl XLIV became the most-watched TV show of all time.

It's good news for the NFL, but also feeds the growing concern around the league about the contrast between the luxurious, tech-savvy home-viewing environment and the declining attendance at NFL stadiums.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2010, 07:50:57 AM »
It can't have anything to do with the fact that the Saints are just a really, really entertaining team to watch. Nope, that's not possible.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2010, 08:21:03 AM »
It can't have anything to do with the fact that the Saints are just a really, really entertaining team to watch. Nope, that's not possible.

nope.  minny is just as good with brett gun slinging and peterson "i'm 10x better than the media driven Reggie Douche"...just doesnt have the ratings bonanza storyline.   

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2010, 08:30:46 AM »
Personally the whole Katrina tie in is fuckin dumb.  The players are all rich as hell and mostly unaffected by it.  How does them winning a championship do anything for  someone who lost their home and is now living in a FEMA trailer?  It doesn't.  The reason people watch them is they are damn good on offense, and that is what people want to see.  People want to see long passes for touchdowns and the celebrations that follow.  The Saints and Colts do that.  Just like everyone used to watch the Niners even if that wasn't their team.  You knew you were going to see damn good football when they played. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2010, 08:35:06 AM »
Personally the whole Katrina tie in is fuckin dumb.  The players are all rich as hell and mostly unaffected by it.  How does them winning a championship do anything for  someone who lost their home and is now living in a FEMA trailer?  It doesn't.  The reason people watch them is they are damn good on offense, and that is what people want to see.  People want to see long passes for touchdowns and the celebrations that follow.  The Saints and Colts do that.  Just like everyone used to watch the Niners even if that wasn't their team.  You knew you were going to see damn good football when they played. 

Exactly. People didn't watch the Patriots or Rams when they were dominating because of storylines. They watched them because they dropped 40+ points a game. High powered offenses bring in the ratings and the Saints have a high powered offense.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2010, 08:38:01 AM »

???

i was born and raised just outside the city just like howard white.  did you not watch the nfl's build up of the saints?  why was it so important for them to point out how they donated 30M for the dome, how the city will be uplifted from a nfl team winning a superbowl  ::) for the city, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc?  btw...i have family rebuilding.  Thanks.        

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2010, 08:41:09 AM »
nah, the NFL isn't fixed, the NBA is.
A

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2010, 09:05:57 AM »
???

i was born and raised just outside the city just like howard white.  did you not watch the nfl's build up of the saints?  why was it so important for them to point out how they donated 30M for the dome, how the city will be uplifted from a nfl team winning a superbowl  ::) for the city, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc?  btw...i have family rebuilding.  Thanks.        

I don't know who howard white is or why it's relevant here, but whatever.  Yes, I saw the build up. I'm not saying that isn't how it was marketed.  I'm saying that I thought it was pathetic and didn't give two shits about that.....that the Saints/ Katrina tie together, not that families were devastated by Katrina....I watched them, bcuz I thought Drew Brees was going to light some shit up.  Oh, and I think the little pregame chants they do are cool too. :P

And of course the NFL is going to talk about the donations they do.  Especially right now when the owners are about to lock out the players becuase 60% or whatever they get isn't enough of a cut outta 8 billion dollars.  Never mind the fact that these players are so big and so fast in such a violent game that their career/ life could be over on one bad hit.  Right now the NFL is going to do whatever they can to look like.....well, saints bcuz they want the dumb fuck public to be their dumb selves and think that the players are the greedy one cuz they make too much money playing a "game" while Joe Blow just pours his heart and soul into his cube job and only makes 40k.  Just shut up and play ball right?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2010, 09:46:01 AM »
There are "angles" and storylines to every big game....The Katrina tie-in is so fucking obvious any marketer worth his salt would jump all over it.......If there was an MLB team in NO and they went to the world series we'd be bombarded with "Katrina" all over again.(ps katrina isn't even relevant anymore)

When the Yankees went to the Series in 2001 all they talked about was 9/11  and every shot had a celeb wearing an FDNY or NYPD hat.......I'm from NY and i was sick of it.

That being said I doubt there is an organized plan to get "chosen" teams to the Super Bowl. I do think the "sexy' teams and the stars occasionally get friendly calls, but it doesn't go any deeper than that.....and it happens in every sport.

PS the Yankees lost that series

body88

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2010, 09:50:56 AM »

This.

Here are the facts:

People watch the Saints because (like the Patriots of 07 and the Rams of 01) they score a lot of points.

The Saints are a very good team. Better than the Vikings. It felt like it was 34 - 3 all game.

Farve is done. He will not repeat what he did last year. He'll be hurt by week 6.

All these "conspiracy's" are bunk and nothing more than excuses, or nonsense from posters who buy into every conspiracy theory under the sun.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2010, 09:59:10 AM »
This.

Here are the facts:

People watch the Saints because (like the Patriots of 07 and the Rams of 01) they score a lot of points.

The Saints are a very good team. Better than the Vikings. It felt like it was 34 - 3 all game.

Farve is done. He will not repeat what he did last year. He'll be hurt by week 6.
All these "conspiracy's" are bunk and nothing more than excuses, or nonsense from posters who buy into every conspiracy theory under the sun.

bingo.......good post

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2010, 04:20:42 PM »
straight up

The steelers got schooled by other teams in reg season and then win sb each time?
I more than even think whole thing is fixed which sucks cuz then my pats were fixed too! [goes and retaches]

what games did they get schooled?  i'm waiting

oh and your pats got schooled by my steelers in 04, then spy gate got my steelers in the afc title game

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2010, 04:21:48 PM »
Steelers Vs Seahawks was the biggest inside job i ever seen, and i could careless if the seahawks win

so the refs allowed willie parker to have the longest run in super bowl history, made the seahawks kicker miss 2 field goals, made their tight end drop 3 passes, and made homgren mismanage the clock ::) ::)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2010, 04:25:56 PM »
all of you guys with conspiracy theories just can't accept the fact your team wasn't the best

the nba "fix" is hilarious, why did the spurs win 4 titles when they are boring and play in a small market ::)

E
E

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2010, 05:39:15 PM »
all of you guys with conspiracy theories just can't accept the fact your team wasn't the best

the nba "fix" is hilarious, why did the spurs win 4 titles when they are boring and play in a small market ::)

E

They are f'in morons and I can't believe they put so much into these bullshit theories....I say again GROW UP idiots
You Can't Do It!!!