Author Topic: Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino will make $5 million this year  (Read 10374 times)

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
Re: Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino will make $5 million this year
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2010, 05:48:25 AM »

wait 2-3 years.by that time will have stared in:

1. celebrity rehab
2. where are they now?
3. a "secretly taped and leaked' sex tape.
4. "See this whore get slapped around and spit on" staring Jwow from jersey shore..a straight to DVD "movie"

oh my god, you nailed it...........the second this piggy's fame starts to wane............be it in 6 months or 2 years...........there will DEFIANTLY be a JCOW sextape

that somehow got mysteriously stolen, sold, marketed, and mass produced ::) ::) ::)

this pig thinks she will be a fashion mogul................no whore, you will be selling videos of guys reaming your pussy to try and hold on to your fame

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2010, 05:50:26 AM »

whats funny, like the guy mentioned above, is the little shit amount "the situation" will end up getting..............com pared to how much dough he is raking in for MTV viacom

that show he is on like single handedly turned MTV/viacom around last year, they were in the dumps...........he is making them hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars

HUNDREDS of millions..........yet he is gonna get a pathetic 60k an episode or whatever

thats why these execs love reality TV, there is zero overhead, the "talent" works for peanuts..............and the execs make all profit

the  jersey shore will have carried the company for the better part of two years, but when its over after next season or whenever the inevitable end is..........they will not even return his calls

scumbag tv execs

Why is that surprising? Without MTV and those other people doing all the legwork this guy would still be a nobody as the show wouldn't exist.

And the executives aren't really making much off him. MTV's viewership has been in the tank for a few years, so if anything, this show is balancing out the losses Viacom suffers from the abysmal numbers almost every other MTV show draws in.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2010, 05:59:15 AM »
Why is that surprising? Without MTV and those other people doing all the legwork this guy would still be a nobody as the show wouldn't exist.

And the executives aren't really making much off him. MTV's viewership has been in the tank for a few years, so if anything, this show is balancing out the losses Viacom suffers from the abysmal numbers almost every other MTV show draws in.

i didnt say it was necessarily surprising

or that it is even right or wrong necessarily...it is what it is as they say

but is the humor lost on you............??

jersey shore swept the nation, for almost 9 months now.....you hear about it, and the characters constantly......you see them EVERYWHERE

for how much money and attention they garnered for MTV.....the really are getting a pittance

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2010, 06:17:00 AM »
i guess i'm old and so called "old school" but gee i remember a time when people were famous on tv on magazines etcetera because they were actually GREAT AT SOMETHING! WHETHER sports or a great actor or politician or something that NO ONE ELSE OF VERY FEW IN THE WORLD COULD DO! and now.....  ::) :'(  and the funny thing these people actually deep down believe THEY ARE SPECIAL AND DESERVE THE ATTENTION! talk about self absorbed delusionary psychosis!

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2010, 06:21:40 AM »
i guess i'm old and so called "old school" but gee i remember a time when people were famous on tv on magazines etcetera because they were actually GREAT AT SOMETHING! WHETHER sports or a great actor or politician or something that NO ONE ELSE OF VERY FEW IN THE WORLD COULD DO! and now.....  ::) :'(  and the funny thing these people actually deep down believe THEY ARE SPECIAL AND DESERVE THE ATTENTION! talk about self absorbed delusionary psychosis!

"For five years we had her under training -- singing lessons, acting lessons, dancing lessons. I spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on her, I was gonna make her a big star"

lol..

anyone??  fine, i will laugh with myself

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2010, 07:20:17 AM »
Good for him.I would love to get paid to hang out at the beach,drink,and hit on chicks all day.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2010, 07:28:30 AM »
i guess i'm old and so called "old school" but gee i remember a time when people were famous on tv on magazines etcetera because they were actually GREAT AT SOMETHING! WHETHER sports or a great actor or politician or something that NO ONE ELSE OF VERY FEW IN THE WORLD COULD DO!

Well, you could make the case that "The Situation" is great at perpetuating the negative stereotype of Italian-Americans being self-absorbed morons.

newmom

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2010, 07:29:14 AM »
Good for him.I would love to get paid to hang out at the beach,drink,and hit on chicks all day.

LOL so you settled for swing a club to hit balls, beach and chit chat with chicks with snaggle tooths in the south ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2010, 07:30:12 AM »
LOL so you settled for swing a club to hit balls, beach and chit chat with chicks with snaggle tooths in the south ;D

And not get paid for it :-\

newmom

« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2010, 07:39:12 AM »

And not get paid for it :-\

lol at least its not sofa city

spinnis

« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2010, 08:04:44 AM »
I cant believe how much money is thrown and these talentless people... i mean what has this world come to

America.

fixed

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2010, 08:05:41 AM »
America.

fixed

Uh yeah.....the reality shows are popular worldwide homie.

spinnis

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2010, 08:09:12 AM »
Uh yeah.....the reality shows are popular worldwide homie.

popular yes, but I have yet to see anyone get So much exposure in any other country then usa, then again im only comparing it to sweden lol.

No one would give a flying Fuck about "the situation" 1 week after the show was finished here,

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2010, 08:10:45 AM »
popular yes, but I have yet to see anyone get So much exposure in any other country then usa, then again im only comparing it to sweden lol.

No one would give a flying Fuck about "the situation" 1 week after the show was finished here,

Don't know about all of europe, but there are quite a few of them popular in Great Britain.  People with bad taste live everywhere... ;D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2010, 09:52:59 AM »
I cant believe how much money is thrown and these talentless people... i mean what has this world come to

Obviously, this douchebag won the "reality show lottery" (lucky BASTARD) and is making some serious cash.
Having said THAT he is pretty avg in the physique dept and I am clueless why anyone would watch that retard-vision of a program

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2010, 11:24:47 AM »
Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino is cashing in on his 15 minutes of fame.

The "Jersey Shore" star is predicted to earn up to $5 million by the year's end, according to The Hollywood Reporter. A source for THR  revealed that "The Situation" is earning close to $60,000 an episode when bonus incentives are factored in, and he receives between $15,000-$50,000 for event appearances. "We are really excited about all the opportunities coming Mike's way," the reality star's manager, Mike Petolino of Gotham Entertainment, said.

In addition to the "Jersey Shore" and his event fees, which could bring him a cool $1 million this year alone, "The Situation" is also using his trademark abs to his advantage by creating an abs-focused fitness video called "The Situation Workout," and has a chewable supplement line at GNC.

"The Situation" doesn't stop there! According to THR, the reality star will be releasing his autobiography Here's the Situation, is signing on to endorse a new vodka, and has a GTL application (Gym, Tan, Laundry) as well as a rap song available on iTunes. Not to mention he has further endorsements with Vitamin Water, Reebok and a deal for a clothing line.

Petolino told THR of his client's fast cash, "It's a platform. You have to use it intelligently."

http://www.etonline.com/news/2010/08/90345/index.html

WWWWWWHHHHHHHYYYYYY? ain't america great.
F

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2010, 11:32:13 AM »
he s cashing on other people  s stupidity. In my book it's called being smart. Im pretty sure he s a lot more smarter than most people think he is. It takes brains to manipulate people the way he does. He s clearely playing a character. Does it mean i watch his show or respect him and the whole stuff, his "fans" ? of course not. But the underlying strategy is smart, noone can deny it.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2010, 03:54:04 PM »
he s cashing on other people  s stupidity. In my book it's called being smart. Im pretty sure he s a lot more smarter than most people think he is. It takes brains to manipulate people the way he does. He s clearely playing a character. Does it mean i watch his show or respect him and the whole stuff, his "fans" ? of course not. But the underlying strategy is smart, noone can deny it.
Derrr, I r speak engrish goooodd..... derrr...
Sorry I couldnt help myself.