Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
April 27, 2015, 05:30:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How We Define Gender In Hawaii  (Read 1586 times)
gymforlord
Getbig II

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 02:20:57 PM »

Here is the thing though:  a definition like this will prevent you from refusing to hire someone who looks whacked out, not saying this is a good or bad thing, just confusing.  We're not talking about lesbians.  Those are easy, as are homosexual men.  We cannot and do not discriminate against them here.  But gender-related appearance is a whole different, confusing ballgame.

Thanks for the input. 
I think it would depend entirely on the type of job they were applying for.
Report to moderator   Logged
OzmO
Getbig V

Take Money Out of Politics!

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2007, 03:21:20 PM »

I think it would depend entirely on the type of job they were applying for.

If it's a job that involves public appearance and reputation that relates to business then i believe it's only right to regulate how the people who represent your company look.  If they look wired or offensive to your clients then they can't by that very fact have the job.
gymforlord
Getbig II

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2007, 03:24:23 PM »

If it's a job that involves public appearance and reputation that relates to business then i believe it's only right to regulate how the people who represent your company look.  If they look wired or offensive to your clients then they can't by that very fact have the job.
And I TOTALLY agree, Oz-also, sometimes you may be putting a person in danger if you are putting them where they could just be some sort've "easy target". That's not discrimination, it's common sense...
If you can do the job, more power to anyone. I actually did have a bus driver who was a transgender person & she was actually the best driver & very well respected by her peers & customers.
Tre
Expert
Getbig V

"What you don't have is a career."

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2007, 03:57:22 PM »

I actually did have a bus driver who was a transgender person & she was actually the best driver & very well respected by her peers & customers.

Bus drivers tend to be underrated.  They have a lot of lives in their hands each day, yet will never make the kind of money that airline pilots make. 
gymforlord
Getbig II

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2007, 03:59:44 PM »

Bus drivers tend to be underrated.  They have a lot of lives in their hands each day, yet will never make the kind of money that airline pilots make. 
True dat.
Dos Equis
Getbig V

I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2015, 12:16:24 PM »

Agender?  Demi-boy?  Gender fluid?  What the heck man. 

Students opposed to LGBT agenda shamed in classroom
By Todd Starnes
Published February 09, 2015
FoxNews.com
Facebook2166 Twitter334 livefyre5219 Email Print

Students at Acalanes High School were given a handout with LGBT terminology – including words like pan-sexual, demi-boy and gray gender.

Teenagers at a California high school were publicly shamed for disagreeing with speakers allowed to push an LGBT agenda during an English class, according to several upset parents.

The Queer Straight Alliance at Acalanes High School, in Lafayette, lectured students in several ninth-grade English classes on Jan. 29 about LGBT issues, according to Brad Dacus, president of the Pacific Justice Institute, which is representing the parents.

During the class, the students, ages 14 and 15, were instructed to stand in a circle. Then, they were grilled about their personal beliefs and their parents’ beliefs on homosexuality, PJI alleges.

“The QSA had students step forward to demonstrate whether they believed that being gay was a choice and whether their parents would be accepting if they came out as gay,” PJI attorney Matthew McReynolds said. “Students who did not step forward were ridiculed and humiliated.”

PJI is a law firm that specializes in religious liberty cases. They are representing several families who had children in the freshman classes -- some of whom also are angry because there was no parental notification of the LGBT lecture.

“Singling out students for ridicule based on their moral or political beliefs is a Marxist tactic that should have no place in the United States of America,” Dacus said.

During the lecture, the Queer Student Alliance provided students with the names of the gay and lesbian teachers at the high school. They also had students line up to demonstrate where they fell on the “gender spectrum.”

“It was an exercise in gender fluidity,” the parent of one child told me. “They told the students that one day they could come to school feeling like a boy and the next day they could come to school feeling like a girl.”

Students were given a handout with LGBT terminology – including words like pan-sexual, demi-boy and gray gender.

Demi-boy/girl is defined as someone who only partially identifies as a man or woman. Gray gender defines someone who feels as though they sort of fit inside the gender binary, but that their gender is more hazy and undefined.

“Acalanes High School and the district have defied common sense, ignored the law and broken parents’ trust,” McReynolds said in a prepared statement. “These administrators are acting like schoolyard bullies. If they think intimidation is going to work on us or these parents, they are greatly mistaken.”

“It was a public outing,” one parent told me. “My child is being raised in a family with conservative values. We are a Christian family. What bothers me the most is the school is being dishonest and secretive about what’s happening. My son’s value system and our belief system is not being respected on a many levels.”

And from a very practical point – she wants to know why the Queer Student Alliance was allowed to take over an English class.

“There’s no other club at the high school that gets face time in front of freshman English classes for an entire period,” the parent said.

So why is Acalanes High School outing students who may not agree with every facet of the LGBT agenda?

Superintendent John Nickerson tells me it’s all about tolerance.

“The classroom instruction in question was part of a tolerance workshop led by peer educators under the supervision of teachers,” Nickerson wrote to me in an email.

That’s all well and good – but were the teenagers academically qualified to teach a class on issues like “gender fluidity”? Why weren’t the teachers teaching the class? And what about the allegations that students were bullied by the Queer Student Alliance?

“We are aware of the concerns and allegations raised by two parents and the Pacific Justice Institute,” he wrote. “We are investigating the situation, learning activities and classroom environment.”

This happens to be the same high school that invited a “pleasure activist” from Planned Parenthood to teach sex education to the freshman class. Students were encouraged to ask each other questions like “Is it okay if I take my pants off?”

The parent I spoke to bristled at the notion the LGBT class was about tolerance.

“They are tolerant of everyone except people who have Christian values,” she told me.

PJI sent a letter to the school district demanding an explanation of what happened. They believe the classroom lecture violated the privacy rights of the students.

“It should be self-evident that, as a fundamental privacy right, students cannot be ‘outed’ during class time by being made to declare their beliefs and feelings about sensitive sexual matters, any more than a student could be required to announce their sexual orientation,” PJI wrote in their letter to the school district.

Has it really come to this, America – forcing students to declare their allegiance to the LGBT agenda? Maybe they should just stick to teaching English in English class.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/02/09/students-opposed-to-lgbt-agenda-shamed-in-classroom/
Dos Equis
Getbig V

I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2015, 12:07:41 PM »

Planet Fitness drops member after gender identity complaint
Posted: Mar 06, 2015
By Gino VicciCONNECT

MIDLAND, MI (WNEM) - It's a business that sells itself on being non-judgmental but Planet Fitness has allegedly revoked the membership of a woman for complaining.

Yvette Cormier, a member at the Midland location, says she had no idea what that meant until a few days ago.

"I was stunned and shocked. He looked like a man.. He did not look like a woman," Cormier said. Cormier is talking about a transgender woman who walked into the woman's locker room while she was getting undressed. She says she couldn't believe her eyes.

"This is very unprofessional. This is very scary," Cormier said.

Not knowing why the person was in the women's locker room, Cormier said she immediately complained to the front desk and eventually to corporate offices.

"They told me the same thing, that he was allowed in there because that's the sex he wants to be," Cormier said.

Cormier said she understands that some men self-identify as women and some women self-identify as men, but said the person looked like a man and that caught her off guard.

Cormier lost her membership for violating the company's no judgement zone policy.

Moving forward, Cormier said she isn't concerned with getting her membership back. Her concern now is to warn other women at this gym to make them aware of this policy, because she says Planet Fitness failed to warn her.

The company told TV5 that Cormier's concerns about the policy regarding gender identity was inappropriate and disruptive by complaining to other members at the gym.

Representatives with Planet Fitness issued this statement:

"Planet Fitness is committed to creating a non-intimidating, welcoming environment for our members. Our gender identity non-discrimination policy states that members and guests may use all gym facilities based on their sincere self-reported gender identity.

In expressing her concerns about the policy, the member in question exhibited behavior that club management deemed inappropriate and disruptive to other members, which is a violation of the membership agreement and as a result her membership was ccanceled"

Cormier said she had no idea that person was actually a transgender woman. She also said she had no idea Planet Fitness had a policy allowing transgender women to share locker rooms with women.

TV5 sat down with a well known member of the transgender community to get her take on how to avoid this issue moving forward.

Char Davenport is a professor at Saginaw Valley State University as well as Delta College. She's a prominent member of the transgender community. Davenport is also a transgender woman.

Davenport said she is not surprised by Cormier's reaction. At the same time she said she applauds Planet Fitness for understanding the needs of the transgender community.

According to Davenport, Planet Fitness and any other facility looking to support the transgender community, she insists they must have the proper facility so that supporting LGBT rights doesn't impose on those who may not have a full understanding of her community.

"Private showers and changing areas really would go a long way in resolving these issues," Davenport said.

Cormier said the issue is that Planet Fitness failed to warn her about the possibility they could be sharing a locker room with a member of the transgender community. Davenport feels pointing something like this out to customers could be construed as negative and again she said the proper facilities and changing areas make this issue a moot point.

In the end Davenport said she has no ill feeling towards Cormier, instead she said her concern is valid and most importantly, Davenport said it provides the opportunity for the public to learn more about the transgender community. Which hopefully will avoid a similar situation moving forward.

http://www.wnem.com/story/28278233/planet-fitness-drops-member-after-gender-identity-complaint#ixzz3U0kbKWOT
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!