Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
July 25, 2014, 10:06:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Impeachment  (Read 3385 times)
flipper5470
Getbig IV

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 09, 2014, 07:41:17 PM »

Palin was pro immigration?  When?   

I don't much care for her...but I don't recall her being anything other than an immigration "hawk"
Report to moderator   Logged
240 is Back
Getbig V

Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: July 09, 2014, 09:34:29 PM »

Palin was pro immigration?  When?   

I don't much care for her...but I don't recall her being anything other than an immigration "hawk"

Yes, she's been very vocal about it LATELY since the repub base is against it.   
In the 2008 election, she surprised a lot of repubs during the Couric week by saying this- her actual original position, spoken from the heart before she was trained on what to say:

“There is no way that in the U.S. we would round up every illegal immigrant — there are about 12 million of the illegal immigrants — not only economically is that just an impossibility but that’s not a humane way anyway to deal with the issue that we face with illegal immigration,” Palin said.

When asked if she supported “a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants,” Palin responded that she did.
“I do because I understand why people would want to be in America. To seek the safety and prosperity, the opportunities, the health that is here,” Palin said. “It is so important that yes, people follow the rules so that people can be treated equally and fairly in this country.”

Then, the positions of the virtually unknown governor were noticed -
As alaska gov, she supported spending state $ on more vocational training for illegals.  I think she said Rubio deserves 30 pieces of silver for about the same thing with DREAM.  Huh  Oh and she allowed anchorage to be a 'sanctuary city' where illegals were welcome to stay without fear of legal trouble. Anchorage loves them.  And she refused to use state dollars to enforce ANY federal immigration policy.   

So yes, she was very much a lover of illegals back in the day.  Glad to see she's adopted this position now that it's popular
Above all.... in her own words... knowing an "undocumented immigrant" = illegal alien... she said:

RAMOS: To clarify, so you support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants?

PALIN: I do because I understand why people would want to be in America.

She is welcome to her opinion... but for her to shit all over republicans/obama/whoever for holding a position she actually applied as governor?   Ugh.

flipper5470
Getbig IV

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 10, 2014, 08:05:06 AM »

You have to look at the immigration question in two parts....securing the border and dealing with the illegals.  From what I have seen, Palin has always been a hawk on securing the border.   She has been consistent in supporting a path to citizenship...although she opposed the DREAM act because it didn't provide enough of a framework to ensure an orderly path to citizenship.  The "allowing" Anchorage ot become a sanctuary city bit is kind of a nebulous point...it was an effort that began in the legislature and had very little effect on life in Alaska, so why bother fighting the will of the legislature when you have other bigger fights to deal with?

Most people who are hawks on border enforcement...myself included...recognize that there is no chance of ever convincing the nation as a whole that we should round up everyone who came here illegally and ship them home.  It isn't going to happen.  You can make the requirements to stay difficult enough and the economic price high enough that you create an incentive to self deport, but you are not ever ever ever ever going to get the mandate to go gestapo on them and round them up.  So...you should probably focus your energy on border enforcement and enforcement of stricter rules and a bumpier path to citizenship because the notion you have that they should all be trucked home is a pipe dream.
Soul Crusher
Competitors
Getbig V

Doesnt lie about lifting.

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 10, 2014, 08:09:06 AM »

Who cares about palin?  The issue is O-FAG allowing an invasion to occur to advance his domestic agenda
RRKore
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2014, 12:09:36 PM »

You have to look at the immigration question in two parts....securing the border and dealing with the illegals.  From what I have seen, Palin has always been a hawk on securing the border.   She has been consistent in supporting a path to citizenship...although she opposed the DREAM act because it didn't provide enough of a framework to ensure an orderly path to citizenship.  The "allowing" Anchorage ot become a sanctuary city bit is kind of a nebulous point...it was an effort that began in the legislature and had very little effect on life in Alaska, so why bother fighting the will of the legislature when you have other bigger fights to deal with?

Most people who are hawks on border enforcement...myself included...recognize that there is no chance of ever convincing the nation as a whole that we should round up everyone who came here illegally and ship them home.  It isn't going to happen.  You can make the requirements to stay difficult enough and the economic price high enough that you create an incentive to self deport, but you are not ever ever ever ever going to get the mandate to go gestapo on them and round them up.  So...you should probably focus your energy on border enforcement and enforcement of stricter rules and a bumpier path to citizenship because the notion you have that they should all be trucked home is a pipe dream.

Though I think you're giving Palin too much credit for her thought process on how she came to her position re: illegal aliens in Alaska , I think I agree with her position:  For isn't Alaska the kind of place that should be happy to get anyone, illegal or otherwise, wanting to live there?

Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 16, 2014, 11:11:47 AM »

This was sent to me by a friend.  Good speech.  Even disgraced leaders can offer words of wisdom.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32GaowQnGRw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32GaowQnGRw</a>
TheGrinch
Getbig II

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: July 16, 2014, 11:21:30 AM »

LOL @ you demos and repub sheeple... when will you wake up and realize both parties are the same and meant to control you?

* nixob.gif (115.48 KB, 640x400 - viewed 26 times.)
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2014, 05:36:57 PM »

Fox News Poll: Voters say Obama exceeded authority, but oppose impeachment
By Dana Blanton
Published July 23, 2014
FoxNews.com

July 21, 2014: President Barack Obama speaks about the My Brothers Keeper Initiative, at the Walker Jones Education Campus in Washington. (AP)
Despite believing Barack Obama has overstepped his authority as president, most voters reject calls to impeach him for that -- or for any other reason.

By a 58-37 percent margin, the latest Fox News poll finds that voters think President Obama exceeded his authority under the Constitution when he unilaterally changed the health care law by executive order.

Click here for the poll results.

And, more generally, a similar majority disapproves of Obama bypassing Congress, acting unilaterally and refusing to enforce laws he disagrees with: 37 percent approve, while 58 percent disapprove.

Obama’s use of executive power plays well with the party faithful, as a 64-percent majority of Democrats approves of his actions, while a majority of every other demographic group disapproves (including fully 91 percent of Republicans).

Some prominent Republicans, including 2008 vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, have called for the president’s impeachment. Yet more than six voters in 10 oppose impeaching Obama for changing some laws and failing to enforce others or “for any other reason” (61 percent). Some 36 percent favor impeachment.

Nearly four in 10 Democrats think Obama is guilty of executive overreach on changing the Obamacare law (39 percent), and one in five Democrats favors impeaching their party’s leader (20 percent).

Among Republicans, 83 percent consider Obama’s actions on the health care law a violation of the Constitution. Yet far fewer Republicans -- although still a 56-percent majority -- favor impeachment.

Fifty-five percent of independents believe Obama violated the Constitution, and 37 percent favor impeachment (61 percent are opposed).

The highest level of support for impeaching Obama -- 68 percent -- is among those who are part of the Tea Party movement.

Overall, 81 percent of those favoring impeachment believe President Obama went beyond his authority when he changed the health care law unilaterally.

Charges that Obama has violated the Constitution have helped raise the political temperature in Washington this summer. In early July, House Speaker John Boehner took steps to file a lawsuit against Obama for his “failure to follow the Constitution” on the health care law by altering the individual mandate via executive order. On Tuesday two federal appeals courts took opposing views on whether Obama illegally ignored the language of the Obamacare law to give federal subsidies to people who are not entitled to them. Despite one court ruling that says he did, the White House announced subsidies will continue.

Forty-one percent of voters approve of how Obama is handling health care, while 54 percent disapprove. That’s a bit of an improvement from last month’s 41-56 percent rating. It also makes health care his best issue, topping the job performance ratings he receives on the economy (40-57 percent), foreign policy (36-56 percent) and immigration (34-58 percent).

Pollpourri

Obama has the most powerful job in the world -- and all the perks that go with that. Yet he’s been criticized by some for seeming disengaged and frustrated with his job. What does the public think? The poll finds a large 41-percent minority thinks Obama doesn’t even want to be president anymore. Still, just over half of voters think he does (52 percent).

Forty-seven percent of independents, 44 percent of Republicans and 37 percent of Democrats think Obama is tired of being president.

The Fox News poll is based on landline and cell phone interviews with 1,057 randomly chosen registered voters nationwide and was conducted under the joint direction of Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R) from July 20-22, 2014. The full poll has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/23/fox-news-poll-voters-say-obama-exceeded-authority-but-oppose-impeachment/?intcmp=trending
RRKore
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2014, 01:34:46 AM »

Obama has the most powerful job in the world -- and all the perks that go with that. Yet he’s been criticized by some for seeming disengaged and frustrated with his job. What does the public think? The poll finds a large 41-percent minority thinks Obama doesn’t even want to be president anymore.

WWSPD? 

(What Would Sarah Palin Do?)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!