Author Topic: Fat Pig  (Read 7399 times)

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
Fat Pig
« on: February 16, 2010, 10:05:20 AM »
In 2008 I dieted and trained like I use to..awesome results, got down to 198 from a fat 240..was going to compete but I wasnt happy where I was at, and decided to keep working and do it in 2009..wrong..got lazy, caught up with work/life, etc..started eating like any other joe and blew up to 240 again.  I should of just did the show since  it was 7 years since I last competed regularly..but I was too proud and wanted to feel 110%. oh well.

Im a fat pig.

But, this month has been my official restart to do it again and stick to it. Im back for motivation.

Anyone else go from looking awesome and contest shape to looking like a fat muscle bear? Was there any hope to returning to respectability?  :'(

wicknilly

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • built through sweat, but no tears
Re: Fat Pig
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 09:54:47 PM »
there's always hope bro. 

i had a similar situation, but kind of the opposite in a sense.  i did a show when i was 21, competed at 196 and the following year made it up to almost 250lbs(offseason) at a respectable bf %.  unfortunately, for reasons i can't remember :-\, i set aside bbing for about 4.5 yrs and dropped to a soft 170lbs.  i've been back in the gym since jan. 1st and am up to 210 currently and improving everyday.  i've got a long way to go, but glad i made the commitment to get back to it. 

so yes, there's hope, if you're man enough to make it happen.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 06:19:30 PM »
In 2008 I dieted and trained like I use to..awesome results, got down to 198 from a fat 240..was going to compete but I wasnt happy where I was at, and decided to keep working and do it in 2009..wrong..got lazy, caught up with work/life, etc..started eating like any other joe and blew up to 240 again.  I should of just did the show since  it was 7 years since I last competed regularly..but I was too proud and wanted to feel 110%. oh well.

Im a fat pig.

But, this month has been my official restart to do it again and stick to it. Im back for motivation.

Anyone else go from looking awesome and contest shape to looking like a fat muscle bear? Was there any hope to returning to respectability?  :'(

great story bro

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 07:35:25 AM »
You can do it again

and if not - the bear market is a lucrative one...

newmom

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 07:39:30 AM »
Hercalus how's the restart coming

David M

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 03:37:34 PM »
Herc, you gettnig lean again?
Team MEL

Fatdoc

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 03:09:52 PM »
I am there, too.  I did my college's bodybuilding show three times, then medical school and residency took its toll and I ballooned up to 220.  I was disgusted with the way I looked and felt so I recommitted.  I am going to do a show in October, which will be two days after my 34th birthday.  I am 5'9" or so and weigh 178 now.  I will likely be onstage in the 160s.  I know, that's small, but you dance with who brung you.  I am making the most of my limited genetics.  Anyway, I think it can be done if the commitment is there.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 11:59:44 AM »
I am there, too.  I did my college's bodybuilding show three times, then medical school and residency took its toll and I ballooned up to 220.  I was disgusted with the way I looked and felt so I recommitted.  I am going to do a show in October, which will be two days after my 34th birthday.  I am 5'9" or so and weigh 178 now.  I will likely be onstage in the 160s.  I know, that's small, but you dance with who brung you.  I am making the most of my limited genetics.  Anyway, I think it can be done if the commitment is there.
theres a difference between making the most of your genetics and making a fool of yourself doing a bodybuilding contest looking like a swimmer

Fatdoc

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 05:21:30 PM »
That's only partially true, "bombz."  If I were a swimmer, my back would be bigger.  ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 03:14:43 AM »
That's only partially true, "bombz."  If I were a swimmer, my back would be bigger.  ;D
good reply  ;D 

Swole0565

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 12:37:42 PM »
I last competed in 2003, weighing 215lbs.  After the show, I had surgery for a partial tendon tear in my left anterior delt and my left bicep.

In November 2007, I had my left hip totally replaced.  I weighed 312lbs, the day of surgery!

In January 2009, I had surgery to reattach my right triceps tendon to my elbow.  I weighed 270lbs.

In November 2009 I had my right hip replaced.  I weighed 297lbs.

Being fat and depressed, I entered the gym, in March, to reclaim my health.  I found my determination, through my faith, and armed w/ both, I am happy to say I weighed in, this morning, at 255lbs!
My goal is to get back to 240lbs(my pre-injury weight), by November 1st!  I'm even thinking of possibly competing, again!

REMEMBER, WE ARE BODYBUILDERS!  WE DO WHAT MOST CAN'T!  Look up, my friends, though your road may be rough, remember you were made from determination, sweat, tears, blood and IRON!

I hope this helps, someone, for I have been helped, and inspired by many!  Thanks & Blessings to all!

newmom

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 01:04:31 PM »
I last competed in 2003, weighing 215lbs.  After the show, I had surgery for a partial tendon tear in my left anterior delt and my left bicep.

In November 2007, I had my left hip totally replaced.  I weighed 312lbs, the day of surgery!

In January 2009, I had surgery to reattach my right triceps tendon to my elbow.  I weighed 270lbs.

In November 2009 I had my right hip replaced.  I weighed 297lbs.

Being fat and depressed, I entered the gym, in March, to reclaim my health.  I found my determination, through my faith, and armed w/ both, I am happy to say I weighed in, this morning, at 255lbs!
My goal is to get back to 240lbs(my pre-injury weight), by November 1st!  I'm even thinking of possibly competing, again!

REMEMBER, WE ARE BODYBUILDERS!  WE DO WHAT MOST CAN'T!  Look up, my friends, though your road may be rough, remember you were made from determination, sweat, tears, blood and IRON!

I hope this helps, someone, for I have been helped, and inspired by many!  Thanks & Blessings to all!

as a former fat mess, congrats

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 02:47:55 PM »

Im a fat pig.

Yes there's hope...but it takes a lot of hard work. I've dropped 45lbs this year of dead weight, but YOU GOTTA STICK TO YOUR DIET. Seriously first few months i trained hard and not much happened in terms of losing fat, as soon as i set a proper diet plan and stuck to it i was losing two lbs a week. Good luck bro.

newmom

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 07:25:04 AM »
Yes there's hope...but it takes a lot of hard work. I've dropped 45lbs this year of dead weight, but YOU GOTTA STICK TO YOUR DIET. Seriously first few months i trained hard and not much happened in terms of losing fat, as soon as i set a proper diet plan and stuck to it i was losing two lbs a week. Good luck bro.

congrats

Fatdoc

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 12:10:20 PM »
Tbombz,
  Two weeks and change to the show.  Just dropped under 170.  8)