Author Topic: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe  (Read 55262 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe
« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2010, 11:32:06 AM »
Only a moron would equate God with dragon. Dragon is more like a symbol, in China for example and the Bear is the symbol of Russia etc

Both are stories in a book written by men , you can't escape that.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: September 04, 2010, 11:35:07 AM »

God created this physical world in order for it to spring life, and to give that blessing of life to all the inhabitants that would evolve out of his universe. .
How do you know this  ???

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: September 04, 2010, 11:38:23 AM »
hahah.. ignorant men write about God.. yes, excluding the majority of the most brilliant minds to have ever lived

You missed the point , at first God was a story passed from generation to generation , he was an explanation for the natural word , earthquakes , lightening , thunder , death , disease , etc , these people were ignorant as to the reasons for these natural occurrences

theonlyone

« Reply #228 on: September 04, 2010, 11:39:33 AM »
Both are stories in a book written by men , you can't escape that.

I'm high and stoned, let me explain tommorow, nor I undertsood what u said. What? Tbombs - thats thew key!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: September 04, 2010, 11:39:51 AM »

He read it in a book  ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #230 on: September 04, 2010, 11:43:41 AM »

He doesn't  ??? ??? Its arrogant that he thinks he KNOWS God created the universe.

I wonder what "God" thinks about his drug addiction  ??? ???
X

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #231 on: September 04, 2010, 11:46:39 AM »
if you dont believe in a GOD...then the only thing left to believe in is MAN.  i'll pass on that.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #232 on: September 04, 2010, 11:48:03 AM »
if you dont believe in a GOD...then the only thing left to believe in is MAN.  i'll pass on that.

i believe in science
carpe` vaginum!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #233 on: September 04, 2010, 11:48:07 AM »

You missed the point , at first God was a story passed from generation to generation , he was an explanation for the natural word , earthquakes , lightening , thunder , death , disease , etc , these people were ignorant as to the reasons for these natural occurrences
so because something can be explained mechanically, it no longer has a need for God?

dont you understand that if anything is to exist it has to be able to be explained mechanically.. that is the rules, the physics of our universe.

of course everything can be broken down and epxlained. that in no way discredits God. you are the ignorant one.

sf- why would god care about drug addiction? i am hurting no one. your showing your ignorance once again by falling into the trap of thinking that the only possible god is the god touted by modern day catholics and christians.  God does not create arbitrary rules, what we should and shoudl not do, based on no moral logic. the things which god does not want us to do are the things that hurt others.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #234 on: September 04, 2010, 11:51:49 AM »
According to modern physics, the Universe appears to be 'uncaused'.

I posted this, with mucho corroborating evidence on the Religion here forum here a while back. I'm too busy working these days to search for it. Arguing contrarily with zero evidence is merely wishful thinking. Hawking is merely stating publicly something which most theoretical physicists already know. The reasons many don't go public is for fear of funding cuts and the fact most physicists don't really give a shit. They're more concerned with their work/research than debating metaphysics and religion. Metaphysics does not equal reality btw.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #235 on: September 04, 2010, 11:52:05 AM »
He doesn't  ??? ??? Its arrogant that he thinks he KNOWS God created the universe.

I wonder what "God" thinks about his drug addiction  ??? ???
its not arrogant, its common sense, once you dissect reality.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #236 on: September 04, 2010, 11:52:35 AM »

Belief is overrated. I prefer evidence.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #237 on: September 04, 2010, 11:52:46 AM »
According to modern physics, the Universe appears to be 'uncaused'.

what do you call the big bang, yngiwe? dont be a damn fool

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #238 on: September 04, 2010, 11:55:50 AM »
what do you call the big bang, yngiwe? dont be a damn fool

You seem to forget what I posted on the Religion forum. Quantum fluctuations pre-dated the big bang. "Pre-dated' isn't the correct phrase but I'm working as I type this.

There is no such thing as 'nothing'.

Don't be foolish tbombz.

How's it goin' btw?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: September 04, 2010, 11:56:59 AM »
i believe in science

Some one created science.  It was a gift for you to exercise your mind.   Science cannot create one blade of grass.....without the ingrediants that were given to us by the creator.   Science and God go hand in hand.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: September 04, 2010, 11:57:32 AM »
 God does not create arbitrary rules, what we should and shoudl not do, based on no moral logic. the things which god does not want us to do are the things that hurt others.

How do you know this   ???

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #241 on: September 04, 2010, 12:01:49 PM »

Shrooms.  ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #242 on: September 04, 2010, 12:04:50 PM »

He doesn't

Unless he is taken a massive amount of drugs which is providing him this knowledge. Che, do you think God approves of his meth addiction?  :( :(
X

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #243 on: September 04, 2010, 12:08:19 PM »
You seem to forget what I posted on the Religion forum. Quantum fluctuations pre-dated the big bang. "Pre-dated' isn't the correct phrase but I'm working as I type this.

There is no such thing as 'nothing'.

Don't be foolish tbombz.

How's it goin' btw?

if our universe was uncaused and eternal, why would it have been created at one point of space and time?  :)

its going great! school just started this last week, and ive begun working on my major. i have social psych, neuroscience, perosnal adjustment(a branch of psych), political theory, and piano. piano is awesome  8) how bout you??

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #244 on: September 04, 2010, 12:09:28 PM »
well, i dont. but i can only assume that god would be logical in his assessment of moral values. he is omnipotent, infinite, eternal, and perfect after all.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: September 04, 2010, 12:19:23 PM »
Che, do you think God approves of his meth addiction?  :( :(

Of course he does.

'' Those people who know so well what God wants them to do,  I notice it always coincides with their own desires''

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #246 on: September 04, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »
Of course he does.

'' Those people who know so well what God wants them to do,  I notice it always coincides with their own desires''
oh no, god wants me to be a morally virtous person. while i have no fear of telling people that morals are real and god wants you to have them, and while i do try to be a good person, i at times do bad things, knowing they are bad, and knowing god dissapproves. knowing god doesnt necessarily mean you are anything like god.  i dont believe in the bible or the devil, but just for referance' sake, the devil knew god, believed in god, and knew the morals god supported. but that didnt make the devil a good person.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #247 on: September 04, 2010, 12:22:14 PM »
its going great! school just started this last week, and ive begun working on my major. i have social psych, neuroscience, perosnal adjustment(a branch of psych), political theory, and piano. piano is awesome  8) how bout you??

Very cool man! Neuroscience would interest me as well. My ex-suffered a brain injury, but that's a long story. Piano IS awesome. Good choices!

I'm working on my finishing up my project management course as the last class before receiving my degree and then dumping the day job and diving in head first into my web/marketing biz full time afterwards. Should be fun.

Back to work for me now. I'll probably post again in another month the way my schedule is these days, take care bro and good luck in school!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: September 04, 2010, 12:24:22 PM »
God may not have created the universe and Stephen Hawking may be the smartest person in the world but how do you take a guy seriously when he can't even have his teeth cleaned properly. They are fucking filthy. He wears suit and tie so he obviously gives a fuck ::)

what a dick you are...say something intelligent

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: September 04, 2010, 12:24:59 PM »
he's just angry at God for being born a crip.

Ditto for you as well