Author Topic: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe  (Read 55007 times)

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
Re: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe
« Reply #450 on: September 05, 2010, 09:35:31 PM »
im not a believer in jesus, never saw him, but why would similar stories from other cultures refute jesus? that would only strengthen his story in my eyes. totally different cultures coming to a very similar story ?? how does that happen, if they are related in some way?  

just wondering.. you dont believe the actual person jesus christ ever lived, or you just dont believe that he was "magical" and the son of god?

Dude, you understand that these stories happened hundreds of years before the scripture in two different cultures and vary from the virgin mary bullshit being knocked up....Mankind was around hundreds of years before it and all the sudden they copycat a story about a savior....Just all falls down on people wanting to believe something in their weakness
False historians want to disprove that other religions had a messianic figure way before Judaism and Christianity. But Jesus fulfilled so many prophesies of the BibleIf the Bible is made up, how can he have fulfilled so many prophesies? What are the chances?

GOD WOULD COME TO EARTH

BE BORN AS A HUMAN MALE

Isaiah 9:6-7 [6] For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. [7] Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. ...  700 B.C.

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

John 1:1-3, 14 [1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] He was with God in the beginning. [3] Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.  [14] The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

BORN OF A VIRGIN

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.  700 B.C.

Mattthew 1:20-23 [20] But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.   [21] She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."  [22] All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: [23] "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" --which means, "God with us."

FROM THE HOUSE OF JUDAH

Isaiah 37:31 Once more a remnant of the house of Judah will take root below and bear fruit above.  700 B.C.

Matthew 1:1-2, 16 [1] A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ the son [descendant] of David, the son of Abraham: [2] Abraham was the father of Isaac, Isaac the father of Jacob, Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers, [16] and [a later] Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

FROM THE ROOT AND STUMP OF JESSE

Isaiah 11:10 In that day the Root of Jesse will stand as a banner for the peoples; the nations will rally to him, and his place of rest will be glorious.  700 B.C.

Isaiah 11:1-5 [1] A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. [2] The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him-- the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD-- [3] and he will delight in the fear of the LORD. He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears; [4] but with righteousness he will judge the needy, with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked. [5] Righteousness will be his belt and faithfulness the sash around his waist.  700 B.C.

Romans 15:12 And again, Isaiah says, "The Root of Jesse will spring up, one who will arise to rule over the nations; the Gentiles will hope in him."

Matthew 1:1-2a, 5-6, 16 [1] A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ the son of David, the son of Abraham: [2] Abraham was the father of Isaac, ... [5] ... Obed the father of Jesse, [6] and Jesse the father of King David. [16] and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

FROM THE HOUSE OF DAVID

Isaiah 16:5 In love a throne will be established; in faithfulness a man will sit on it--one from the house of David--one who in judging seeks justice and speeds the cause of righteousness.  700 B.C.

Matthew 1:1-2A, 6, 16 [1] A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ the son of David, the son of Abraham: [2] Abraham was the father of Isaac, ... [6] and Jesse the father of King David. [16] and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

BORN IN BETHLEHEM EPHRATHAH

Micah 5:2 But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.  700 B.C.

Matthew 2:1 After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem

Over the years there have been a number of "Bethlehems" in Israel.  At the time of Jesus' birth, Bethlehem Ephrathah, referred to in Matthew as "Bethlehem in Judea", was a village about five miles south of Jerusalem, and there also was a town named Bethlehem about seven miles northwest of Nazareth.  (Per footnote Matthew 2:1 of the Zondervan NIV Study Bible, 10th Anniversary Edition, (c) 1995)

BE FROM NAZARETH OF GALILEE

Isaiah 9:1-2 [1] Nevertheless, there will be no more gloom for those who were in distress. In the past he humbled the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, but in the future he will honor Galilee of the Gentiles, by the way of the sea, along the Jordan -- [2] The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.  700 B.C.

Matthew 2:22-23 [22] But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning in Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Having been warned in a dream, he withdrew to the district of Galilee, [23] and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth. So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets: "He will be called a Nazarene."

Whoa...never said the bigle was made up dumbass....Why would historians want to disprove it? They want to prove it...By the wqay study your history in depth you will find other cultures before jesus had a figure that what like jesusu long before himWhy aren't jesus like occurances happening???
You Can't Do It!!!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #451 on: September 05, 2010, 09:35:50 PM »
Good to hear you are ok after that, MOS.  Wish you a speedy recovery.

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #452 on: September 05, 2010, 09:38:19 PM »
If evolution is true:

1.You are nothing but stardust that came from a cosmic burp 18 billion years ago.
2.There is no purpose to life except to have fun and pass on your genes.
3.When you die you get recycled into a worm or a plant.
4.There is no such thing as right or wrong, there are no absolutes.
5.You are an accident and have little or no value.
6.The universe will not miss you when you are gone.
7.Your presence here is a burden on the planet since you are one of the polluters. It would be better for the world if you died.

The other option is that you were designed by an all-powerful Creator who has a purpose for each of us. When you die, you face the Creator to give an account for your life. Your duty here is to find out what the Creator wants, and do it since He is the owner of the universe and makes the rules! These two views of life are as opposite as any two views could be. At least one of them is wrong!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #453 on: September 05, 2010, 09:38:59 PM »
Can't believe no one has posted any of these yet.  Some are pretty harmless and funny.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #454 on: September 05, 2010, 09:44:10 PM »
If evolution is true:

1.You are nothing but stardust that came from a cosmic burp 18 billion years ago.
7.Your presence here is a burden on the planet since you are one of the polluters. It would be better for the world if you died.

The other option is that you were designed by an all-powerful Creator who has a purpose for each of us. When you die, you face the Creator to give an account for your life. Your duty here is to find out what the Creator wants, and do it since He is the owner of the universe and makes the rules! These two views of life are as opposite as any two views could be. At least one of them is wrong!

I guess god has forgotten about us and let it be our own free will since a few thousands years ago....Go figure it fit the time and not stay....Every era says it is the time of the rapture....What a sad existiance it must be that is what you are looking forward to lol...Even though god got involvolved after jesus's death a few times....How come he hasn't since then....could it be people stopped believing in a cult?? People were around before jesus, but I guess they all went to hell because of ignorance....
You Can't Do It!!!

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #455 on: September 05, 2010, 09:45:56 PM »
If evolution is true:

If evolustion was true than lizards would not have developed the ability to change colors....idiot

I fuckin hate gb  you can't even see what  you type
You Can't Do It!!!

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #456 on: September 05, 2010, 09:49:18 PM »
An important fact to keep in mind  is the approximate 300 detailed Messianic prophecies regarding the life, death, and ministry of Jesus in the Old Testament. The prophecies span approximately 450 to 1,500 years before His birth. The accusation of Christians plagiarizing the accounts of  other figures in the first century ignores the fact that concepts such as the virgin birth, the resurrection, and a Father-Son, relationship precede most Jesus like figures which only means that they were taken form the Bible or the Torah...

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #457 on: September 05, 2010, 09:51:07 PM »
Good to hear you are ok after that, MOS.  Wish you a speedy recovery.

I appreciate it.  It's been the best and worst months of my life LOL!!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #458 on: September 05, 2010, 09:52:47 PM »
DAWG

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #459 on: September 05, 2010, 09:55:52 PM »
Thanks God

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #460 on: September 05, 2010, 09:57:35 PM »
:D

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #461 on: September 05, 2010, 09:58:44 PM »
Thanks God

:o pLEASE SIR MAY i HAVE SOME MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #462 on: September 05, 2010, 10:00:03 PM »
Thanks God

best post of the night...to bad its a sin to lust after these women...wonder how many bible thumpers loins rage after looking at these sinners
DAWG

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #463 on: September 05, 2010, 10:01:03 PM »

Forgive me, but I didn't watch the clip.  Still, I've often wondered why atheists are so concerned about religion.  Believers are commanded to spread the word of God, but atheists aren't commanded to do anything.  The majority of the world already supports them so why are they worried about religion?  They never have to participate in it and can avoid it rather easily.  This is a crude comparison, but I don't like hip hop.  Hip hop music is everywhere, but I choose not to participate in it and can avoid it completely with virtually no effort.   I know we have references to God on our money and other such symbols of our country, but do those types of things truly impact an atheists life?

I'm ignorant, educate me. 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #464 on: September 05, 2010, 10:02:44 PM »
Forgive me, but I didn't watch the clip.  Still, I've often wondered why atheists are so concerned about religion.  Believers are commanded to spread the word of God, but atheists aren't commanded to do anything.  The majority of the world already supports them so why are they worried about religion?  They never have to participate in it and can avoid it rather easily.  This is a crude comparison, but I don't like hip hop.  Hip hop music is everywhere, but I choose not to participate in it and can avoid it completely with virtually no effort.   I know we have references to God on our money and other such symbols of our country, but do those types of things truly impact an atheists life?

I'm ignorant, educate me. 

if you dont have the time to watch the clip then I dont have time for your comments...
DAWG

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #465 on: September 05, 2010, 10:05:33 PM »
if you dont have the time to watch the clip then I dont have time for your comments...

My wife and daughter are asleep next to me and I didnt want to disturb them.  It had nothing to do with wasting your time....it's why I prefaced it with asking for forgiveness because I didn't watch the clip. 

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #466 on: September 05, 2010, 10:06:50 PM »
Pedophillia and incest are rampant in christian households...discuss

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #467 on: September 05, 2010, 10:08:48 PM »
My wife and daughter are asleep next to me and I didnt want to disturb them.  It had nothing to do with wasting your time....it's why I prefaced it with asking for forgiveness because I didn't watch the clip. 

no head phones? ..typical...

DAWG

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #468 on: September 05, 2010, 10:10:08 PM »

"god forbid" they get sodimized one day.....I guess that is god in his love letting that happen, due to free will....
You Can't Do It!!!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #469 on: September 05, 2010, 10:10:30 PM »
no head phones? ..typical...

I own headphones, but I'm also in a thigh imbolizer and have to use a walker at the present and they're upstairs in my home.  It's a bit difficult right now.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #470 on: September 05, 2010, 10:11:04 PM »

But Ross Erstling is Jewish ???

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #471 on: September 05, 2010, 10:12:40 PM »
I own headphones, but I'm also in a thigh imbolizer and have to use a walker at the present and they're upstairs in my home.  It's a bit difficult right now.

Well I hope god shows mercy on you if you have to watch your child and wife be raped by another acting on god's free will
You Can't Do It!!!

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #472 on: September 05, 2010, 10:13:07 PM »
But Ross Erstling is Jewish ???
Same shit diffrent day :D

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #473 on: September 05, 2010, 10:14:40 PM »
[/quote

I know its rampant in muslim households too  (so I have been told)

I cant ansswer this because I have no experience about this.

But what I do know is that people use religion as a masqaurade to make themselves seem like good people.

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #474 on: September 05, 2010, 10:17:13 PM »
Well I hope god shows mercy on you if you have to watch your child and wife be raped by another acting on god's free will

Again, it is not god but man's own free will and sefish desires...

Just like you. I cant stop you from believing what you want to believe or tell you how to live your life just as you cant tell me what to believe or how to live my life....

Its really up to you...its your choice wether its good or bad