Author Topic: If you use Progenex, READ THIS!!  (Read 27664 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
If you use Progenex, READ THIS!!
« on: September 02, 2010, 02:01:58 PM »
As crazy as it may sound, in my opinion, the nutritional supplement “Progenex” no longer contains the thing that made it Progenix! I’m speaking about two factors here:

1.The Progenex formula has been changed – it no longer represents Dr. Connelly’s original formula !

2.Dr. Scott Connelly is no longer formulating the product (he’s the guy who invented MetRx!)
In other words, if you’re buying Progenex from this point forward, you’re not getting the original product, formualted by Dr. Connelly.  When you purchase this particular item, as an educated consumer, you’re likely thinking that you’re getting a protein supplement formulated by Dr. Scott Connelly, the Harvard Medical dude  who invented MetRx. I realize that Progenex currently markets several products, but sadly,  they all differ substantially from the original Scott Connelly design. Don’t believe me? Check out their website and try to find him. His name and likeness have been totally removed… ’In other words, there is no more Progenex as we’ve come to know it in the nutritional industry.

I’ve contacted Progenex, and they declined to make a public statement, although they expressed their desire for me to disclose that my Facebook account lists Vince Andrich as a friend…Vince works with Connelly…

But I’ll do everyone a step further…I’m further disclosing that Vince also writes for Muscle Insider (as does Scott Connelly, and myself). So maybe I’m biased to protect and defend authors that I work with…right? Yeah, not f*cking likely.

It’s also important to note that Dave Palumbo is also a writer for this same magazine, and I recently exposed (and attacked) him for being the defendant in  a lawsuit filed for his inclusion of  a dangerous ingredient in one of his products. Dave was also employed as a coach  by a fellow writer for Muscle Evoution (another magazine I write for)…so…I mean…I’ve never gone out of my way to protect people I know or work with – but still, there’s nothing wrong with requesting full disclosure from me. In that spirit of disclosure, I’ll also be revealing (tomorrow) how one of the current Progenex business partners has previously been indicted on multi-million dollar fraud charges.

I’ll also further disclose that I’ve called out previous employers and co-workers for various reasons, related to improprieties in their business practices. I’m neither employed by Andrich or Connelly, nor have I earned a dime off them, nor am I being paid to write this blog post. There’s your disclosure.

I’m simply saying that people who are currently purchasing Progenex are not actually purchasing Connelly’s original design…and in my opinion as a professional supplement designer, with access to all of the legal and scientific documents surrounding this case, they’re buying a vastly inferior product. The Progenex you’re buying is not the Progenex you might think you’re buying.

The story, according to papers filed by Dr. Scott Connelly, is that he began working with Lactoferrin (a bioactive fraction of whey protein). In 2005 he began presented Murray Goulborn co-operative, ltd. (MGC) with his research on Lactoferrin, and by 2005 they had perfected the technology to produce Whey Growth Factor Extract (WGFE), and by 2007, they had formed Progenex. Well, without getting into the details too heavily, some investors and businessmen were brought in to raise capitol…and now they’re running the company! MGC is no longer providing them with Whey Growth Factor Extract (WGFE), and since their production methodology is proprietary and patented(and part of their Intellectual Property), it’s impossible to confirm that they’re getting the exact same protein in the original Progenex. I’ve also contacted MGC for an official statement.

Oh…and they not only changed the protein source, but they also changed a carbohydrate source…they added fructose! If you ‘re familiar with Dr. Connelly’s articles or books, you know that he’d never, ever, ever, use fructose in a formula…in fact, he openly says fructose is a metabolic poison, and a negative partitioning agent. Those are direct quotes! If you’re buying Progenex, you’re not buying Dr. Scott Connelly’s product…you’re buying a product that comes from a bunch of boiler-room businessmen. So, they changed the protein source, the exact stuff originally marketed, they changed the carb source, and oh yeah, since there’s barely any fat (a gram!), in my mind, they’ve basically changed the whole f*cking thing.

As absurd as it seems, Progenex is no longer Progenex.  AND furthermore, the medical research being performed with the protein has also ceased, according to a statement filed by Dr. Scott Connelly. I predict this stuff, without Connelly, will end up being just another protein powder that nobody buys.

http://www.anthonyroberts.co.za/2010/09/progenex-guy-contains-progenex/
w

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: If you use Progenex, READ THIS!!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 02:08:14 PM »
http://www.anthonyroberts.co.za/2010/09/progenex-guy-contains-progenex/
werent you a big user of this product awhile back?

i actually considered using it, but it didnt seem price effective..

bench

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
  • Owner, Supreme Sports Enhancements
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 02:11:20 PM »
It's not the same product anymore, not even close.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 02:25:29 PM »
werent you a big user of this product awhile back?

i actually considered using it, but it didnt seem price effective..

bench

I have a good stash of it still.  Best protein that has ever been available.  But, what is out there now is not the same.  As Ross said, not even close :(
w

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 02:48:08 PM »
no joke...original MetRx must have had fucking crack cocain in it. The two tub version tasted so fucking good   :P

WTF??

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 02:49:13 PM »
I have a good stash of it still.  Best protein that has ever been available.  But, what is out there now is not the same.  As Ross said, not even close :(

Bullshit, mid 90's Berry MET-RX!!!!

nothing will ever touch this.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 02:58:05 PM »
Did chickens quit reproducing?

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 03:24:57 AM »
no joke...original MetRx must have had fucking crack cocain in it. The two tub version tasted so fucking good   :P

WTF??

Yeah I used to drink two of Chocolate Peanut butter MRPs a day.  I loved them.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 03:25:39 AM »
no chicken? or are they just out of chicken?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 05:31:42 AM »
So why the hell doesn't Conelly sell his super-protein anymore?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 06:07:07 AM »
Perhaps we should all call the new Progenex and see if we can get the Mr Getbig back up and running....... ;D

As far as Connelly's Super Protein is concerned, I thought it was innovative in production but I never saw factual evidence that it worked better than other competitor's products to warrant a price increase
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 07:42:52 AM »
WHAT A FUCKING JOKE.  You create a product. Spike the shit out of it, get good reviews and once it starts selling you change the formula to plain old shit.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 07:44:56 AM »
WHAT A FUCKING JOKE.  You create a product. Spike the shit out of it, get good reviews and once it starts selling you change the formula to plain old shit.

True.  I heard the original formula contained possum ejaculate.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 08:05:58 AM »
True.  I heard the original formula contained possum ejaculate.

Thought it was hedgehog?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 08:09:01 AM »
WHAT A FUCKING JOKE.  You create a product. Spike the shit out of it, get good reviews and once it starts selling you change the formula to plain old shit.

Did you actually read the link?  In a nutshell, a couple of investment capitol guys took over the company and started to do shit that Connelly disagreed with.  So, Connelly and the Australian partners exited.  Without them, these two schmucks are unable to obtain the protein.  However, they are still selling the brand and misleading consumers into thinking it's the same thing.

BTW, no different from the current MET-Rx.  Not at all what it was in the 90s.
w

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 08:21:19 AM »
Did you actually read the link?  In a nutshell, a couple of investment capitol guys took over the company and started to do shit that Connelly disagreed with.  So, Connelly and the Australian partners exited.  Without them, these two schmucks are unable to obtain the protein.  However, they are still selling the brand and misleading consumers into thinking it's the same thing.

BTW, no different from the current MET-Rx.  Not at all what it was in the 90s.

I'll be honest, I ready can't tell the difference between old Met-RX and new Met RX.  I was an EAS fan back in the 90's.  If Connelly felt that strong about the quality of Progenex then he would not have sold the line to Zuckerman nor Met-RX for that matter.

That's the way business deals go.
A

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 08:27:38 AM »
anyone who would waste thier money on ultra-expensive, shit like progenix is.........deserves to be parted with it

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 08:35:35 AM »
Did chickens quit reproducing?

i caught this.
Deep Tissue Massage

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 08:41:53 AM »
its amazing arnold schwarzeneggar, dorian yates, ronnie coleman, flex wheeler, shawn ray, sergio olivia, ect.........were able to get jacked without "progenix"

it doesnt make sense ::) ::) ::)

fucking douchebags............ev erybody looking for the next SUPER supplement that is legally going to make them look like a jacked pro bodybuilder............. ...some how cannot get it through their heads that ANYTHING that really works, it patented by big pharma companies and sold as a prescription treatment

if you wanna build some mucles.........eat quality food particularly protein, lift weights

if you wanna start looking like a bodybuilder............. .eat lots of quality food and protein, lift weights, get some steroids

thats IT..........there are no secrets............stop buying into hype

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 09:00:16 AM »
Nothing will ever hold a handle to original MET-RX

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 09:02:07 AM »