Author Topic: Fantasy Football Thread 2010  (Read 21067 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Fantasy Football Thread 2010
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2010, 09:41:05 AM »
ok i have made a little bit of a come back i am now 4-2 after 3 straight wins...

this week i have a defense problem

I have the giants who have been great at times but crappy others and they are playing dallas at dallas

KC is available and are playing jacksonville at home and if garrad is still out I like there chances to get a couple turn overs and maybe a touchdown.

New England is available to who is playing at san diego who have just been horrible this season...

Im thinking KC but the giants if they play the way they have been playing would be good

I'd go with KC, as the Cowboys and Chargers are at least capable of having big offensive games.  Jax has a stank offense with or without Garrard.

I'm 5-1 and in 1st place by myself at this point.  Need to find a TE as Gates and V. Davis are both hurt !  I'm bidding on Ben Watson from Cle.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2010, 03:40:47 PM »
I'd go with KC, as the Cowboys and Chargers are at least capable of having big offensive games.  Jax has a stank offense with or without Garrard.

I'm 5-1 and in 1st place by myself at this point.  Need to find a TE as Gates and V. Davis are both hurt !  I'm bidding on Ben Watson from Cle.
Ya thats who I went with

supposedly john carlson may have more targets as deion branch left seattle so he maybe someone to look at

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2010, 05:29:33 AM »
Ya thats who I went with

supposedly john carlson may have more targets as deion branch left seattle so he maybe someone to look at

Carlson wasn't available.  Our league is really deep.  i did get Watson, but it looks like Davis might be ok.  8)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2010, 07:59:31 PM »
Carlson wasn't available.  Our league is really deep.  i did get Watson, but it looks like Davis might be ok.  8)

I had finley  >:( :-\ and he was probably going to be the one person I held over for next season too...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2010, 05:16:16 AM »
I had finley  >:( :-\ and he was probably going to be the one person I held over for next season too...

Oh man, I really like Finley too.  Rodgers relys on him heavily and he is a freak athlete.  Hated to see him get hurt.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »
Oh man, I really like Finley too.  Rodgers relys on him heavily and he is a freak athlete.  Hated to see him get hurt.
lol ya and I drafted him pretty early too, he had more yards than all my WR's except reggie wayne

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2010, 12:33:39 PM »
Advices, please.

I have a strong group of WRs.  I usually start Andre Johnson, Boldin, and B Edwards, but I've recently been favoring Kenny Britt for Edwards.  I also have Dwayne Bowe who seems to be getting hot, and Manningham.

My RBs are not so strong - I have Mendenhall as a mainstay, but rotate Brandon Jacobs, Jon Stewart, and BJG Ellis in the #2 spot.  Jacobs has been getting more touches, and maybe homo Stewart might actually do something if Deangelo Williams is really hurt.

I was offered McFadden for A Johnson, but refused it.  He also has Peyton Hillis, Ahmad Bradsaw in addition to Mcfadden.

Would you guys offer up Boldin for one of those three?  Are they upgrades over my #2 RB rotation?
Y

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2010, 05:25:18 PM »
Advices, please.

I have a strong group of WRs.  I usually start Andre Johnson, Boldin, and B Edwards, but I've recently been favoring Kenny Britt for Edwards.  I also have Dwayne Bowe who seems to be getting hot, and Manningham.

My RBs are not so strong - I have Mendenhall as a mainstay, but rotate Brandon Jacobs, Jon Stewart, and BJG Ellis in the #2 spot.  Jacobs has been getting more touches, and maybe homo Stewart might actually do something if Deangelo Williams is really hurt.

I was offered McFadden for A Johnson, but refused it.  He also has Peyton Hillis, Ahmad Bradsaw in addition to Mcfadden.

Would you guys offer up Boldin for one of those three?  Are they upgrades over my #2 RB rotation?

I think all 3 are an upgrade to what you currently have, but without knowing your scoring system and lineup limits, my thing is to always just add up what the avgs would be before the trade and then what it would be afterwards.  Bowe or Manningam aren't bad to plug into the lineup in place of Boldin.

As for me, I just traded Percy Harvin for Fitzpatrick from Buffalo.  My QB's were Cutler, Romo and Vick before the trade.  I'm pretty happy with the deal.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2010, 06:45:01 PM »
Advices, please.

I think you were right to pass up on that deal, Im not a believer or mcfadden but I think if you could get hillis or bradshaw for johnson that would probably be good.

Its opportunity cost man you cant play all the good receivers you have so they just ride the bench. You could use them though to beef up your rb's. Look ahead at their respective schedules especially if your looking like you will make the playoffs and see which ones have favorable match ups and which dont then make an offer.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2010, 06:10:46 AM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate you taking the time.  We're trading a few ideas back and forth.  I might be able to get Hillis without giving up A Johnson.

Stoppa - I have Cutler too in both my leagues.  I figured he was a steal with Martz being adding to the mix, and it appeared that way at the beginning of the year.  Lately, not so much.  I'm using Rothlesberger in one, and picked up Stafford off waivers in the other.  I also think you did well with your trade.

Tommy - I agree about McFadden.  I think he just had a fluke week.
Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2010, 06:31:15 PM »
Made some what I think are good pick ups which could be crucial come playoffs if i make them.

Snagged reggie bush about 3 weeks ago hoping that he would be ready for last week as I had 8 ppl on bye but still hopeful he will be back after their bye week.

Snagged vernon davis after his owner dropped him possibly b/c of his injury and his bye week this week. Im hearing that his ankle isnt as bad as first thought and he should be back after this week. Which after losing finley will be a welcome player since my TE's have been sucking it up.

Also snagged brett farve after he was dropped last week who may not be consistant but I think will have good match ups where he puts up big numbers.

This brings me to my question:

I have both big ben and now farve, ben is playing cincy this week and farve is playing arizona...

I think ben is the safe play but then again i can see farve going off against arizona...

any advice?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2010, 05:10:20 AM »
Made some what I think are good pick ups which could be crucial come playoffs if i make them.

Snagged reggie bush about 3 weeks ago hoping that he would be ready for last week as I had 8 ppl on bye but still hopeful he will be back after their bye week.

Snagged vernon davis after his owner dropped him possibly b/c of his injury and his bye week this week. Im hearing that his ankle isnt as bad as first thought and he should be back after this week. Which after losing finley will be a welcome player since my TE's have been sucking it up.

Also snagged brett farve after he was dropped last week who may not be consistant but I think will have good match ups where he puts up big numbers.

This brings me to my question:

I have both big ben and now farve, ben is playing cincy this week and farve is playing arizona...

I think ben is the safe play but then again i can see farve going off against arizona...

any advice?

i would go with Ben.  Big match-up on a monday night..... The Vikings are lacking in weapons on offense....

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2010, 05:31:26 AM »
Jets will take the bowl this year, unless the pats get moss back.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2010, 06:25:55 AM »
Nice pickups, Tony.

I agree with the poster who said go with Big Ben.  Crappy week notwithstanding, I think he's more consistent.  I generally don't like playing matchups too much, since these guys will get their points by year end, but it's hard to pick which games they will do it in.

I made the mistake of starting J Stewart over BenJarvus GE last week, because of this.  It cost me high score.

As for late season playoff run stuff, I grabbed Stafford for last week and he was a beast, and I've held Vincent Jackson since the second week.
Y

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2010, 06:39:52 AM »
I'm debating whether to start Vick or Fitzpatrick this week......

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2010, 07:19:09 AM »
I'm debating whether to start Vick or Fitzpatrick this week......

Vick.  D Jackson is back, and the Colts are injured.  The Bills still suck.
Y

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2010, 07:28:53 AM »
Vick.  D Jackson is back, and the Colts are injured.  The Bills still suck.

That is the way I'm leaning too....althought Fitz numbers have been great since he got the starting job.....a fresh Vick could put up some big ones.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2010, 07:56:08 AM »
That is the way I'm leaning too....althought Fitz numbers have been great since he got the starting job.....a fresh Vick could put up some big ones.

He has.  I think Fitz has averaged around 20 fantasy pts per start, depending on league.  Vick could go nuts though, and, as said, Indy's hurting.  Fitz is a great alternative, though.

My second RB dilemma continues.  Do I annoit BJGE as my full time starter?  It's just that J Stewart is starting and HAS to get better.  Right?  Plus, Jacobs seems to score a TD every week now..
Y

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2010, 09:49:04 AM »
He has.  I think Fitz has averaged around 20 fantasy pts per start, depending on league.  Vick could go nuts though, and, as said, Indy's hurting.  Fitz is a great alternative, though.

My second RB dilemma continues.  Do I annoit BJGE as my full time starter?  It's just that J Stewart is starting and HAS to get better.  Right?  Plus, Jacobs seems to score a TD every week now..

Stewart is a tough call.....Carolina sucks so bad that they tend to fall behind and have to abandon the run...he is so talented though...I would lean more towards BJGE at this point, but its not an easy call.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2010, 10:16:12 AM »
Thanks, show.  That's what I'm going to do.

Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2010, 02:58:34 PM »
Nice pickups, Tony.

I agree with the poster who said go with Big Ben.  Crappy week notwithstanding, I think he's more consistent.  I generally don't like playing matchups too much, since these guys will get their points by year end, but it's hard to pick which games they will do it in.

I made the mistake of starting J Stewart over BenJarvus GE last week, because of this.  It cost me high score.

As for late season playoff run stuff, I grabbed Stafford for last week and he was a beast, and I've held Vincent Jackson since the second week.
thanks grape

yea i actually picked up and started stewart this week playing it "safe" I was also looking at mike hart who had a pretty good game and beanie wells who had a good game...

I would have lost either way but stewart was a horrible disappointment.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2010, 07:10:49 PM »
ok so I a dude in my league proposed a trade to another manager and it was for tom brady in exchange for frank gore...on the surface it looks on the level

However

when you look at the details being the team getting brady has flacco who has only 10pts less than brady on the season so that doesnt help him much if any. The team trading away gore also is out of the playoffs and the team getting gore is definitely in. The team getting gore has either knowshon moreno or brandon jackson as their 2nd rb. The trade came one day after brady missed practice for the first time this season with a sprained foot. The trade was put in the day of the end of trading deadline and the two are cousins that work together.

The trade got denied and the guy who was going to get gore is pissed LOL

my question is would you have voted against the trade? if so for what reason, seems shady? dont want the other guys team to get stronger?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2010, 08:24:35 PM »
ok so I a dude in my league proposed a trade to another manager and it was for tom brady in exchange for frank gore...on the surface it looks on the level

However

when you look at the details being the team getting brady has flacco who has only 10pts less than brady on the season so that doesnt help him much if any. The team trading away gore also is out of the playoffs and the team getting gore is definitely in. The team getting gore has either knowshon moreno or brandon jackson as their 2nd rb. The trade came one day after brady missed practice for the first time this season with a sprained foot. The trade was put in the day of the end of trading deadline and the two are cousins that work together.

The trade got denied and the guy who was going to get gore is pissed LOL

my question is would you have voted against the trade? if so for what reason, seems shady? dont want the other guys team to get stronger?

I wouldn't have voted against the trade.  The only trades I vote against are ones that show obvious collusion.  I wouldn't trade Gore for Brady, but it's not the kind of trade that demonstrates collusion IMO. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2010, 08:44:34 PM »
I wouldn't have voted against the trade.  The only trades I vote against are ones that show obvious collusion.  I wouldn't trade Gore for Brady, but it's not the kind of trade that demonstrates collusion IMO. 
I agreed when I first looked at it...

then I started seeing things like brady not helping the guys team very much, him not being in the playoffs, it being submitted the day after brady missed a practice due to a sprained foot it just doesnt make sense to me...

we charge 5 bucks for trades so a team that will not make the playoffs logically wouldnt trade for anyone b/c he would just be paying extra money to not make playoffs...

just seemed very fishy to me...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2010, 09:20:12 PM »
When I first read it I thought it was fine.

But, now that the Gore guy is out, what is the purpose of the trade?  Do you still make $ for high score of the week, because that is the only reason for a team like that to make a trade.

If not, I have to admit it sounds like collusion.
Y