Author Topic: post workout: all you need is milk?  (Read 2975 times)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: post workout: all you need is milk?
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 05:15:59 PM »

Looks like a good formula.
Do you mix that with just water?
I presume a blender is required?
ionized alkaline water...in a magic bullet at the house...

at work bottled water in a bodybuilding.com tornado shaker cup...

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 05:30:21 PM »
Huh? You can get a dozen eggs for around $1.60, depending where you shop. I can get the pub. brand and get around 18 eggs fro a $1.80. You don't need a blender. Just shake N take. ;)

were I live eggs go from about $2.50 to $4.99. There are some places like trader joes that have cheaper but thats the exception

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 05:33:39 PM »
were I live eggs go from about $2.50 to $4.99.

Union chickens?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 07:14:20 PM »
i dont use pro complex....i just use the gold standard whey and cassien....and custom mixes from true protein...

i have been allergic to eggs since birth....a lot of my standard vaccination shots were given to me growing up with a crash cart at arms length...i still cant have a flu shot because of it...

i still eat eggs sometimes...i refuse to say "no eggs" on a breakfast taco....i just take 4-5 benadryl a day to curb the effects...

bench

If you like ON Whey Gold Standard, then you absolutely MUST TRY (if you haven't already) ON NitroCore 24, ESPECIALLY the Strawberry Milkshake kind. It is TERRIFIC!! That's what I got (on clearance, of course).

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 07:15:37 PM »
If you like ON Whey Gold Standard, then you absolutely MUST TRY (if you haven't already) ON NitroCore 24, ESPECIALLY the Strawberry Milkshake kind. It is TERRIFIC!! That's what I got (on clearance, of course).
does it come in a 10lbs bag?

bench

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 07:32:58 PM »
does it come in a 10lbs bag?

bench

The biggest size I've seen is 6-lb jugs. Then again, I don't buy them wholesale. As you know, I hit GNC, when the jugs are on clearance.

PROBOUND

• Getbig II
  • What's Good To Ya, Might Not Be Good For Ya!
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 08:08:43 PM »
The point: Notwithstanding the fact that I already consume eggs (which, incidentally cost less where I buy them than where you do), I can get the RTDs for about as much or for LESS. That's why I buy them. Here's the proof.

Let's see: One dozen eggs for $1.60, assuming those are large eggs, that's 72 grams of protein.

I just bought some Worldwide Nutrition Pure Protein RTDs, each containing 35 grams of protein, for $0.68

Therefore, two of those RTDs would give me 70 grams of protein (nearly the same amount as a dozen eggs) for $1.38, nearly a quarter LESS than a dozen eggs at the price you cited.

18 eggs for $1.80? That's 108 grams of protein. However, thanks to the markdowns at GNC, the Monster Milk MRPs are on sale for $1.17 each (which drops to $0.94 each with the Gold Card). Two of those is 100 grams of protein for $1.88.

*Laughing With Ya, Not At Ya* You tickled me with this post bro. I didn't know you would break it down so eloquently, not that there is anything wrong with it. I just got tickled at your zeal to prove your point. I like that in a person.

I was wrong about the price. I just got back from Walmart, and the eggs are dirt cheap. Dozen jumbo right at $1.60. The 18'teens were $1.80. Keep in mind too, that the jumbo's usually are anywhere from 7-9 grams per. Also keep in mind, I am use to drinking a quart per post workout. I used to be hefty, if you will.

Anyway, I'm still laughing, again you tickled the dickens out of me with this post.

P.S.

With those new prices I just cited, what would be the difference now. Can you give grams of protein, and money if ya don't mind. I can see that you have that kind of mind and would love to break it down. Also, wouldn't the quality of the product be in subjection? For instance, I'm thinking that all these vendors are trying to make products last longer, which would require them to do things to their products which would be a detriment to the human body. What's your take on that. *still chuckling*.
Bright Future Ahead!

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 08:13:04 PM »

*Laughing With Ya, Not At Ya* You tickled me with this post bro. I didn't know you would break it down so eloquently, notwithstanding there is anything wrong with it. I just got tickled at your zeal to prove your point. I like that in a person.

I was wrong about the price. I just got back from Walmart, and the eggs are dirt cheap. Dozen jumbo right at $1.60. The 18'teens were $1.80. Keep in mind too, that the jumbo's usually are anywhere from 7-9 grams per. Also keep in mind, I am use to drinking a quart per post workout. I used to be hefty, if you will.

Anyway, I'm still laughing, again you tickled the dickens out of me with this post.

P.S.

With those new prices I just cited, what would be the difference now. Can you give grams of protein, and money if ya don't mind. I can see that you have that kind of mind and would love to break it down. Also, wouldn't the quality of the product be in subjection? For instance, I'm thinking that all these vendors are trying to make products last longer, which would require them to do things to their products which would be a detriment to the human body. What's your take on that. *still chuckling*.

The minimum post requirement for this sub board is 50.  8)