Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
August 29, 2014, 03:39:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parental Discipline or Child Abuse?  (Read 2261 times)
Beach Bum
Getbig V

« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2013, 03:49:24 PM »

WTF?  You wouldn't say the dad's a piece of shit? I think the majority of people in this day and age would disagree with you on that point after watching the video. 

It's not just that he's spanking his daughter.  It's that he's doing it in anger (pretty sure I heard him say, "Bend over or I'll hit you in the fucking face") to a girl who is 16 years old.  What the hell kind of person is he trying to raise? 

If anyone deserves a beating, it's the father.  He is definitely a POS.

It depends which "majority of people" you were talking to.  There are geographical and cultural differences when it comes to corporal punishment.  What some people think is abuse, others view as normal.  The kind of discipline you saw in the video has been and is being used by parents since forever. 

Disciplining in anger isn't abuse either.  Some psychologists actually advocate that you do it in anger (without abusing your kid). 

I didn't discipline my kids the way this guy did, but I'm not going to judge his methods.  I know way too many good parents who used (and continue to use) that method. 

But times have changed.  I remember the principal and vice-principal at my school having a paddle hanging on the wall, that they actually used.  Today, that would land him or her in jail.
Report to moderator   Logged
Beach Bum
Getbig V

« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2013, 02:10:22 PM »

This is criminal.

Heaviest 5-year-old recorded in UK taken into custody
Published December 09, 2013

Britain's fattest five-year-old has been taken into care after weighing in at more than 143 pounds, or at least three times the weight of what is expected of a healthy child.

Child protection experts told the Sunday Times the case was "a tragedy", expressing disbelief that action was not taken sooner by the local council.

The newspaper says the girl was seized in Newport, south Wales, in August last year weighing approximately 145 pounds – heavier than any 5-year-old of either sex recorded in an English school since 2008. Typically, girls that age weigh about 42 pounds.

Newport city council said the decision was made purely because of the girl’s obesity.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/12/09/heaviest-5-year-old-recorded-in-uk-taken-into-custody/?intcmp=obnetwork
Straw Man
Getbig V

one dwells in nirvana

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2013, 03:03:15 PM »

this kid was supposedly 10 stone (140lbs) at 3 years old

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZGG9Kw70BM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZGG9Kw70BM</a>
Beach Bum
Getbig V

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2014, 10:21:03 AM »

Spanking of 8-year-old girl for cursing was not excessive, court rules
Published July 21, 2014
Associated Press

CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. –  A state appeals court has ruled that a Long Island father used reasonable force when he spanked his 8-year-old son for cursing at an adult.

Newsday says the state Appellate Division dismissed a child neglect proceeding against the man last week.

The father had used the disciplinary action in October 2012 during a party at a friend's house.

The Suffolk County social service department alleged he used an open hand and a belt on the boy's buttocks, legs and arms after they got home. A county family court found him in neglect.

But the appellate division said under the circumstances the spanking "did not constitute excessive corporal punishment." It said there was insufficient evidence to prove he hit his son with a belt.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/21/spanking-8-year-old-girl-for-cursing-was-not-excessive-court-rules/?intcmp=latestnews
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!