Author Topic: I'm saying it now: "NEVER FORGET"  (Read 12410 times)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Re: I'm saying it now: "NEVER FORGET"
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2010, 05:54:58 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

And JFK was killed by a lone gunman........the USS Liberty was an accident........Operatio n NorthWoods is a lie.......MKUltra is just urban legend...........Operati on Ajax...........Mujahadee n..........Saddam Hussein...........and the laundry list of shit goes on and on. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: I'm saying it now "NEVER FORGET"
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2010, 06:09:33 PM »
9.11 is the one day each year where I refuse to discuss CTs.  I would hope all of getbig could do the same, but it's your prerogative of course. 
LOL wtf are you talking about?

you refuse to talk CTs everyday...you make snide comments, state idiotic theories that are debunked with a 2 sec google search and then run away like nothing ever happend  ::) ::) ::)

refuse to talk cts...LMAO thats a good one

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: I'm saying it now "NEVER FORGET"
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 06:14:10 PM »
R

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2010, 06:29:31 PM »
LOL wtf are you talking about?

you refuse to talk CTs everyday...you make snide comments, state idiotic theories that are debunked with a 2 sec google search and then run away like nothing ever happend  ::) ::) ::)

refuse to talk cts...LMAO thats a good one

re-read my quote dude.

9.11 is the one day each year where I refuse to discuss CTs.  I would hope all of getbig could do the same, but it's your prerogative of course. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2010, 06:50:11 PM »

re-read my quote dude.

I read it right the first time...you refuse to discuss ct's everyday...all you do is make snide comments and throw out things that are debunked within 2 secs and then you run off...you call that discussing?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2010, 06:59:14 PM »
I read it right the first time...you refuse to discuss ct's everyday...all you do is make snide comments and throw out things that are debunked within 2 secs and then you run off...you call that discussing?

i'll discuss them from time to time.  i feel the birth cert issue is a legit one.

however, arguing 6 clean holes thru the pentagon, in 2010, is boring to me.  I was arguing this stuff in 2005 with getbiggers.  Really, i'm more interested in watching Oceans11 tonight.  Then, 'the men who stare at goats' on DVD this evening.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2010, 07:03:32 PM »
Yes, never forget.  keep this image burned in your soul.  Of course it's natural and healthy to go through a healing process whenever tragedy strikes in a persons life.  At some point its good to move on rather than dwell on it constantly.  but not for 9/11.  When you die way down the road, you can be comforted in knowing all the countless hours you spent with 9/11 in your head, wether you wanted it or not.  And I'm sure we'll still be on the endless war against terror for our entire lives too.  I'm all for what needs to be done to deal with justice and setting things right, I'm just not really sure how I feel about redefining America around what happened on 9/11 which is exactly what's happened.  attack away...

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2010, 07:08:58 PM »
Yes, never forget.  keep this image burned in your soul.  Of course it's natural and healthy to go through a healing process whenever tragedy strikes in a persons life.  At some point its good to move on rather than dwell on it constantly.  but not for 9/11.  When you die way down the road, you can be comforted in knowing all the countless hours you spent with 9/11 in your head, wether you wanted it or not.  And I'm sure we'll still be on the endless war against terror for our entire lives too.  I'm all for what needs to be done to deal with justice and setting things right, I'm just not really sure how I feel about redefining America around what happened on 9/11 which is exactly what's happened.  attack away...

??  are you saying to forget it?  moving on is one thing but forgetting is another.  i suppose that is not what you are saying. 

i don't see 9/11 redefining america.  if america has changed it is not from 9/11 alone. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2010, 07:13:01 PM »
the world changed on 9/11 for the US and its citizens or maybe the way we see the world is a better way of putting it. The way we interact with other countries and the legislation that is inacted are direct results of such and like you said it is probably never going to go back to the way it was.

Never ever forget, I still cannot watch footage or look at pictures of the towers...

I watched the commercials for the thing on the history channel and I literally get goosebumps and chills...

I dont think there will ever be enough time to make it where I am ok watching videos of that days events.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2010, 07:51:54 PM »
??  are you saying to forget it?  moving on is one thing but forgetting is another.  i suppose that is not what you are saying. 

i don't see 9/11 redefining america.  if america has changed it is not from 9/11 alone. 
I didn't say to forget about it, that would be stupid too.  I just don't need people telling me to never forget, remember remember, asking if we've forgotten and yapping 9/11 every time I turn around.  If someone was doing that to me over any other tragedy which affected me, I don't think I'd wanna be around them much lol...  On some level, people need to move on, not forget but get on with their lives and certainly not let it redefine our souls and who we are.  If you look at what we've done with 9/11, it's redefined what we are as a country.  I always thought that's the last thing you would want to let 9/11 do or represent but that's exactly what politicians and a certain group of people have done.  It's like putting the power in the hands of whoever did this shit.  But that's all everyone can say in response to anybody who dares asks, they say, "everything has changed, shut up and don't forget it"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2010, 08:27:36 PM »
I guess if you lived here and walked those streets, knew the buildings as real things before they were attacked, knows of the deaths, see the two holes in the ground, etc, it would take on a little different context. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2010, 09:10:04 PM »
I guess if you lived here and walked those streets, knew the buildings as real things before they were attacked, knows of the deaths, see the two holes in the ground, etc, it would take on a little different context.  
America is not NY.  also if your saying the only reason there are other thoughts is because that person doesn't live in NY, then that really doesn't make sense looking at how the entire country has responded, been effected etc.  There's people screaming to never forget who have never even been to NY.

I mean for the people who are always yelling to never forget, who do they think they're talking to?  You would have to be semi-rarded and just out of a coma lasting years to have forgotton.  Oh 9/11?  Yea I forgot, could you remind me about what that whole thing was about lol...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2010, 10:53:28 PM »
America is not NY.  also if your saying the only reason there are other thoughts is because that person doesn't live in NY, then that really doesn't make sense looking at how the entire country has responded, been effected etc.  There's people screaming to never forget who have never even been to NY.

I mean for the people who are always yelling to never forget, who do they think they're talking to?  You would have to be semi-rarded and just out of a coma lasting years to have forgotton.  Oh 9/11?  Yea I forgot, could you remind me about what that whole thing was about lol...

The point is not remembering because you might actually forget, as in your brain will somehow erase the memory of 9/11 from its hard drive, no one is implying it like that. The point is to remember the lives lost, the tragedy, so that you'll always remember what led to it happening in the first place, so that hopefully you won't fall into patterns that lead to a repeat, so that you won't get so comfortable and become so naive that anyone could create a catastrophe like that again.

It's important to remember history, even history that isn't that old, it's important to know and understand the truth of that history. Living in the past, I think everyone would agree that's no way to live and as Americans, I don't think we're doing that but it is still very important to remember the reality of what happened...the mistakes of the past are always repeated when the past is forgotten.

That's how I see it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2010, 11:07:19 PM »
The point is not remembering because you might actually forget, as in your brain will somehow erase the memory of 9/11 from its hard drive, no one is implying it like that. The point is to remember the lives lost, the tragedy, so that you'll always remember what led to it happening in the first place, so that hopefully you won't fall into patterns that lead to a repeat, so that you won't get so comfortable and become so naive that anyone could create a catastrophe like that again.

It's important to remember history, even history that isn't that old, it's important to know and understand the truth of that history. Living in the past, I think everyone would agree that's no way to live and as Americans, I don't think we're doing that but it is still very important to remember the reality of what happened...the mistakes of the past are always repeated when the past is forgotten.

That's how I see it.

Great analysis.  Well said. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2010, 11:07:45 PM »

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2010, 11:43:42 PM »

That's how I see it.
I don't disagree what what you're saying either.  I don't think my point is getting across.  I can't imagine myself thinking people should forget those who have died and I know the value of knowing history.  I really don't think I need it pounded in constantly to "remember" for the reason you state.  It just seems to me like there's a lot of people that have no intention of letting a healing process take place.  that's not healthy for the people and the country.  Of course I don't think we should just totally forget about it.  It's that time of the year and I can totally understand "In memory of"  But there are actually plenty of people who point fingers and shout directives towards others too.  The "never forget" and "have you forgotten" is often directed at others.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2010, 12:56:34 AM »

Said perfectly! This is the point Hugo.

This was one of his best speeches, short, to the point and without a bunch of filler "feel good" fluff.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2010, 01:13:13 AM »

This was one of his best speeches, short, to the point and without a bunch of filler "feel good" fluff.

Nevermind, I'll just drop it ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2010, 04:42:23 AM »

Bushes moment at GZ with the megaphone was his finest moment IMHO> 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2010, 04:48:34 AM »
Bushes moment at GZ with the megaphone was his finest moment IMHO>  

:D great speech...

Barbara with her kids:

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2010, 04:55:03 AM »

:D great speech...

Barbara with her kids:

Look at those ankles.  Geez - they are purple.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2010, 05:01:13 AM »
oh yea, bushie did a heck of a job :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2010, 05:36:28 AM »
Utterly pathetic hugo. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2010, 06:57:04 AM »
To the Left...nothing is a big deal when it comes to defense, patriotism....borders etc etc. Gays, drugs, hand-outs, border jumpers...thats whats important. It all culminated in the absolute fucktard that was elected in 2008.

Most of you people have'nt suffered a fucking thing as regards these attacks. The rest of us have dragged our ass half way across the world to deal with it head on. I've spent 3 years of my life dealing directly with this shit. The people of New York have delt with it...firemen, policemen...the world has changed completely. US troops invaded 2 countries...we're fighting everywhere....its friggen bankrupted the country. The world is 3 times more dangerous now. Yet the debate becomes some wackjob CT debate over holograms and missiles. The rags wanted this...they played the long game and now what?
L

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2010, 07:01:54 AM »
NEVER FORGET: Terrorists gave us 9/11. But Islam gave them the reason to do it!