Author Topic: 2010 Olympia - Phil Heath: I will beat Jay and Kai!  (Read 45239 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: Phil Heath: I will beat Jay and Kai!
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2010, 08:12:37 AM »
its goning to be sad day for bodybuilding when a fella with waist wider than chest win the o,, look back,,do you see any mr o that waist was wider than pecs? take a look at philip,,yes he has great condition and phenominal arm response,, but! his chest is horrid the structure that is,,a mr o like that make average person look wide!! this is unheard of ,,look at smaler mr o like dex and frank chest!!! still wider than waist,,phillip heath just doesnt have good structure for mr o,,,it is indeed sad but its the truth ,, they want him to be mr o,, yes ,,he is pushd very hard,,but he lack the main thing that mr o has W I D T H ,,he is equivelent to 175lb guy that train naturally when it comes to width ,,very very narrow,,delts are good but because of response to drugs not because of anything else,,sadly your structure can not respons to drugs ....

gh15 approved

x2

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2010, 11:34:41 AM »

those photos are VERY telling............what i see when i look at them is an 85-90% kai greene.........keeping up with a , probably 99% phil heath

phil was pretty close to his best at that show, he was full, crisp, dry as naile.........and a sub-par kai still beat him

personally, i had phil winning that show, but somehow kai eeked it out

It is called poor judging.  He wasn't better than Phil that day and should have been 2nd or lower.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2010, 11:38:07 AM »
Phil looks like his physique is all bunched up.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2010, 11:42:37 AM »
This is 100% correct.  Phil doesn't have the structure to be Mr. Olympia, even though he is being pushed very hard.  Shoulder to waist taper is the single most important factor for a good bodybuilding physique.  Phil has the worst taper out of the whole Olympia lineup.  It's a credit to him that he's done as well as he has with such a deficiency. 

if the people who RUN the olympia...........are PUSHING him as the next mr olympia.........apparent ly he DOES have the structure to be mr olympia

jay cutler won the olympia btw...........he might actually have the worst structure in the history of BBing next to paco

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2010, 11:46:55 AM »
i thought his mother was white  ???

either way he didn't get those blue eyes from his great grandfather ade akinwabi.

RACIST POST REPORTED.

LMAO thats funny as shit

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2010, 11:48:52 AM »

i thought backs win the MrO.  there are figure girls with wider spreads than phil.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2010, 11:50:23 AM »

i thought backs win the MrO.  there are figure girls with wider spreads than phil.

That's pretty fuck horrible...All bunched....Can't get right.
Phil is much smaller in person than you'd think. 

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2010, 12:07:18 PM »

if the people who RUN the olympia...........are PUSHING him as the next mr olympia.........apparent ly he DOES have the structure to be mr olympia

jay cutler won the olympia btw...........he might actually have the worst structure in the history of BBing next to paco

Jay is the widest Mr. O in history.  That's bad news for Phil who is all bunched up and will look like a pencil next to Jay.  Jay lacks separation and detail, but his structure is 10× better than Phil's. 

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
$

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2010, 01:30:16 PM »

i thought backs win the MrO.  there are figure girls with wider spreads than phil.

...And there are fat girls with waists smaller than Kai, Ronnie, Jay...Dex is no wider than Phil and he won the Olympia.  Certainly Phil has narrower shoulders than Jay and Ronnie and Dorian.  That doesn't automatically eliminate him from winning the Olympia.

I do think that Phil's physique would look much better if he had 2 or 3 more inches in height.  Unfortunately, that is something that steroids and GH can never fix.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2010, 01:42:21 PM »
No shortage of confidence.  Phil told Bob and Dan on radio that he has worked harder than everyone and predicts a win with Jay 2nd and Kai 3rd.  Way better interview than Kai. 
Yes and the NY Jets head coach said they were going to win the Superbowl, last season...ouch :D

Ok, on a serious note, Phil Heath and any other top pro SHOULD feel like they can win.
If they don't feel like that, they have the wrong mind set for the Olympia...period.

To me the issue isn't saying you will win, but in how you act after the show is over.
If you didn't win, don't pout like a baby or point fingers. You shouldn't feel embarrassed about saying you will win and end up getting defeated.
You should feel embarrassed if you act like a retarded donkey on crack after a loss.

Phil seems like a decent, intelligent man and he may win, who knows? I think Phil would make a fine Mr Olympia, BUT I don't think this will be his yr.
Jay for #4 , all the way.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2010, 01:50:45 PM »

I still can't believe that mess of a physique has won 3 Olympia titles.
Absolutely no separation, no detail, 46 inch waist.
Just a  soft, bloated, watery mess.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2010, 04:05:17 PM »

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2010, 04:30:03 PM »
its goning to be sad day for bodybuilding when a fella with waist wider than chest win the o,, look back,,do you see any mr o that waist was wider than pecs? take a look at philip,,yes he has great condition and phenominal arm response,, but! his chest is horrid the structure that is,,a mr o like that make average person look wide!! this is unheard of ,,look at smaler mr o like dex and frank chest!!! still wider than waist,,phillip heath just doesnt have good structure for mr o,,,it is indeed sad but its the truth ,, they want him to be mr o,, yes ,,he is pushd very hard,,but he lack the main thing that mr o has W I D T H ,,he is equivelent to 175lb guy that train naturally when it comes to width ,,very very narrow,,delts are good but because of response to drugs not because of anything else,,sadly your structure can not respons to drugs ....

gh15 approved
Belive it or not, I actually agree with most of your critique on Phil Heath. He simply lacks the wide shoulder/narrow him structure of a ideal Mr Olympia winner. Larry Scott won the first Olympia with the "big arm/not so wide" kind of physique that Phil has.
BUT, this is 2010 and the depth of competiton is a LOT DEEPER then in Larry's day.
Hey GH15, what do you think Ronnie Rockell.????

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2010, 04:36:56 PM »
no wonder 99.9% of Arnold shots are from the front

he SUCKED from the back, one of the most marginal backs in the history of Bodybuilding

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2010, 04:51:31 PM »
no wonder 99.9% of Arnold shots are from the front

he SUCKED from the back, one of the most marginal backs in the history of Bodybuilding
Back then you didn't do the same required mandatory poses.
Arnold had a weak back lat spread , but a great back double bi.
His side tricep is no great pose either , while his side chest is one of the best in history.

Zane had an awesome side tricep shot he did but his side chest was never impressive, same with Phil Heath today.
No Mr Olympia is ever perfect in every pose.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2010, 05:25:04 PM »
Jay is the widest Mr. O in history.  That's bad news for Phil who is all bunched up and will look like a pencil next to Jay.  Jay lacks separation and detail, but his structure is 10× better than Phil's. 
Jay is not wider than Dorian nor Ronnie, and possibly not Haney either. Jay is not wider than Gunter nor Ruhl either.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2010, 05:54:25 PM »
Jay is not wider than Dorian nor Ronnie, and possibly not Haney either. Jay is not wider than Gunter nor Ruhl either.

Jay is wider than everyone you mentioned except Ruhl.

AZbodybuilder

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2010, 06:20:14 PM »
Phil Heath Win Not Win the O

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2010, 06:21:37 PM »
once again, phil heath was at pretty close to 100% at the arnold and couldnt win (though he should have)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2010, 06:52:46 PM »
Jay is wider than everyone you mentioned except Ruhl.
I think you need to go back and look at a Olympia line up, particularly the one from 2003 and 2004...Jay is 5'8 and while yes, blessed with wide clavicles, he wasn't wider than Ronnie, or Gunter, now is waist is wide as hell, but that is about it. Jay was gifted his O wins, nothing more...Jay's nickname should be TheGift not Phil's...

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2010, 06:57:10 PM »
I think you need to go back and look at a Olympia line up, particularly the one from 2003 and 2004...Jay is 5'8 and while yes, blessed with wide clavicles, he wasn't wider than Ronnie, or Gunter, now is waist is wide as hell, but that is about it. Jay was gifted his O wins, nothing more...Jay's nickname should be TheGift not Phil's...
Jay earned his title back last yr, end of story.
Widest pro I ever saw was Joel Stubbs, unreal how wide that guy is

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2010, 07:06:39 PM »
Jay earned his title back last yr, end of story.
Widest pro I ever saw was Joel Stubbs, unreal how wide that guy is
Jay was good from the front, that's it...oh and and faux hawk hair, that about sums him up from last yr. He really improved, but he hasn't gained any real back detail, it just sucks, it blows...especially foe a Mr. O, all modern day Mr. O's have superior back and back detail, even Arnold did. Jay is the first one that doesn't.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2010, 07:17:47 PM »
  If Jay shows up exactly like he did in 2009, he will win. There are only two physiques in history that can beat Jay 2009, Ronnie 1998 and Dorian 1995.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2010, 07:18:43 PM »
Back then you didn't do the same required mandatory poses.
Arnold had a weak back lat spread , but a great back double bi.
His side tricep is no great pose either , while his side chest is one of the best in history.

Zane had an awesome side tricep shot he did but his side chest was never impressive, same with Phil Heath today.
No Mr Olympia is ever perfect in every pose.

Lee Haney was