Author Topic: Paladino sends garbage and trash smelling mailings blasting Democrats  (Read 7605 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Paladino sends garbage and trash smelling mailings blasting Democrats
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2011, 12:30:03 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2011, 12:42:22 PM »

didn't bother watching

shall we assume what you see in this video is Obama calling himself a bitter asshole and being proud of it?

that's what you claimed in a prior post.....right?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2011, 06:26:28 AM »
didn't bother watching

shall we assume what you see in this video is Obama calling himself a bitter asshole and being proud of it?

that's what you claimed in a prior post.....right?

LOL!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2012, 07:22:54 AM »
Paladino, Ever Unpredictable, Stumps for Gingrich
By MICHAEL BARBARO

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/09/us/politics/carl-paladino-shows-up-to-campaign-for-gingrich.html?pagewanted=print

MANCHESTER, N.H. — Carl P. Paladino, an unpredictable, unconventional and unvarnished Republican candidate for governor of New York in 2010, made an unexpected visit to New Hampshire this weekend to experiment with a new role: as an on-message, on-script and on-team surrogate (of sorts) for Newt Gingrich.

It was an awkward fit, and in Mr. Paladino’s first few hours on the trail it seemed a bit like a large man trying on a small coat.

Mr. Paladino, who rode a wave of disgust with New York government to become the Republican nominee for governor but was defeated amid worries about his combative political style, lauded Mr. Gingrich in an interview here for his “eloquence” and “debatability.” At one point, he labeled the former speaker of the House “huggable.” But Mr. Paladino repeatedly veered off the customary path of polite praise and unqualified approval.   

He declared that he “totally disagreed” with Mr. Gingrich on gun control. He called Mr. Gingrich’s upbeat campaign slogan — “Rebuilding the America We Love” — “a mouthful,” especially compared with the punchy political mantra of Mr. Paladino’s campaign (“I’m mad as hell too, Carl!”).

And, at a time when Mr. Gingrich is seeking to sell himself to the still-skeptical right wing of the Republican Party, Mr. Paladino had this to say about the candidate’s record: “You can’t paint him as a conservative. You can’t paint him as a moderate. He is a mix.”

Sitting in a windowless office at Mr. Gingrich’s Manchester campaign office on Sunday morning, as volunteers raced up and down the halls, Mr. Paladino acknowledged he was not a traditional endorser who would dutifully recite talking points. He said he was just being himself — which, he pointed out, was a lot like Mr. Gingrich.

“We are both transparency-type guys,” Mr. Paladino said. “All these hidden agendas, these little secrets, this nonsense here, this nonsense there.” He trailed off, his face assuming his trademark look of disgust with the establishment. “We tell it like it is.”

Mr. Paladino’s precise place in the Gingrich political operation remains somewhat fuzzy. He has never met the candidate, he said. He has no formal role in Mr. Gingrich’s public events. At a campaign stop on Sunday afternoon in Manchester, Mr. Paladino stood off to the side as the candidate spoke, then introduced himself to one of Mr. Gingrich’s daughters, who did not seem to recognize him, though she smiled politely and thanked him for volunteering his time.

A spokesman for the Gingrich campaign said that Mr. Paladino was not officially involved in the campaign.

Mr. Paladino said he decided to show up in New Hampshire a few days ago with three longtime advisers to learn how to build campaign infrastructure for Mr. Gingrich in New York, alerting a Gingrich campaign aide in Washington beforehand.

As long as Mr. Paladino was in town, he figured he would speak out for Mr. Gingrich. Using his newly created e-mail address, paladinoforgingrich@gmail.com, he invited a number of reporters to meet with him.

He said that had become disenchanted with the rest of the Republican presidential field and dismayed that the party apparatus was coalescing around Mitt Romney. “He still has that deer-in-the-headlights look to him,” Mr. Paladino said of Mr. Romney. “He is so plastic.”   

During his campaign for governor, Mr. Paladino roamed the state with his dog, Duke, and often promised to take a baseball bat to New York’s political culture. In New Hampshire on Sunday, he said he had brought neither his dog nor a bat, figuring they might distract from Mr. Gingrich’s message here.

He said that in his home state, however, it would be a different story. “I will have my bat ready for the New York primary,” he said.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2012, 10:51:24 AM »

Two women who rented from businesses owned by Ellicott Development Co. found these bumper stickers on the cars. Barbara Wingate

Paladino puts anti-Obama bumper stickers on rental cars
Recent customers angered by anti-Obama stickers
BY: Barbara O'Brien   Published: October 27, 2012, 09:37 PMUpdated: October 27, 2012, 09:37 PM
Political maverick and Buffalo businessman Carl P. Paladino is no fan of President Obama, and he's spreading the word through a car rental company he operates.

The strident views of the onetime candidate for governor may not be surprising to Western New Yorkers, but they didn't sit well with two women who flew into Buffalo recently and rented cars at Thrifty Car Rental. They were surprised and angry to find anti-Obama bumper stickers on the cars, and they took to social media and an online news site to show their displeasure.

The women complained in a story on the Huffington Post that they rented cars at Thrifty Car Rental across from Buffalo Niagara International Airport earlier this month and discovered a white bumper sticker that said “Vote for the AMERICAN,” in red and blue letters. The news blog said the women, one from Chicago and one from San Diego, were offended by the “birther movement bumper stickers.”

Ellicott Development Co., whose founder and chairman is Paladino, operates Thrifty Car Rental and Dollar Rent a Car at the Buffalo Niagara airport, and Thrifty Car Rental at Rochester International Airport. He said he has not decided whether to remove the bumper stickers from the rental vehicles.

One woman told the Huffington Post that she rented a car Oct. 12 to attend a family wedding in Rochester. The other woman said she rented a car Oct. 13 and 14 when she was in the area to attend her daughter's wedding.

Paladino, who refused to talk to the Huffington Post, said it got the story “upside-down.”

“I'm not a birther, I'm an American,” he declared. He said he was “fed up” with Obama after the attack and murder of four Americans at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, on Sept. 11. He said the president is not telling the truth about what happened and that Obama defies basic American precepts and has weakened the country.

“For that reason, I don't believe he is an American. I don't think he fosters the American ideals,” Paladino said. “I could care less where Obama was born. I don't feel he is an American with American values doing the best for America.”

Paladino ran on the Republican line against Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo for governor in 2010 with the support of tea party enthusiasts.

He said there are close to 5,000 cars in the area with the same bumper sticker on them. He declined to reveal how many are on rental cars, saying he would not divulge details about his business. The bumper stickers were nowhere to be seen in a spot check of the agency's parking lot Saturday.

One of the women who rented a car, Stephanie DiBiase of Chicago, sent several Tweets to the national office of Thrifty Car Rental complaining about the bumper sticker. “Thanks for making my car rental political. I will NEVER rent from you again,” one of the Tweets said. The company responded, asking where it had been rented.

“There shouldn't have been a bumper sticker on the car,” Thrifty responded to her.

She said her boyfriend and her brother noticed the sticker when they were putting things in the trunk and they took it as an expression of the birther movement, which claims that Obama was born outside the United States and is not a U.S. citizen. “We didn't even pull out of the lot before ripping it off,” she told The Buffalo News on Saturday.

DiBiase, an independent design consultant, said she was upset about the sticker and concerned people would think she agreed with the sentiment.

“He's entitled to believe that personally,” DiBiase said. “I think it's unfortunate for him to use his company to further his political beliefs.”

A clerk answering the telephone at Thrifty Car Rental, when asked about the bumper stickers Saturday, said, “Give me a break. No comment. Bye.”

Paladino said he put the bumper stickers on the rental cars because he “wanted to make a statement.”

“Somebody has to say it,” he said. He also said he suggested his employees vote for Gov. Mitt Romney for president, because he believes small businesses have suffered under Obama and there will be no job creation if Obama is re-elected.

I have 500 employees, and I have encouraged them to vote for Romney,” he said. “They're free to vote for whoever they want. I don't threaten them. I tell them who I'm endorsing.”

Come to buffalonews.com on Election Day for an all-day chat, live video and the latest election results. email: bobrien@buffnews.com

Lol. GREATV!,n,