Author Topic: Hugo: Moving Threads to Religion that are Political in Nature  (Read 6202 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Hugo: Moving Threads to Religion that are Political in Nature
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 10:05:08 PM »

Threads regarding politics should stay on the politics boards.

Threads regarding religion and items like that (whether Jews, Muslims, Christian) can go to the Religious Debate board.

But yes, it does get murky when the two cross each other.

If it is political, keep it on that board.

if it trends more religious, move it

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 10:21:52 PM »

Threads regarding religion and items like that (whether Jews, Muslims, Christian) can go to the Religious Debate board.

I think the argument between Hugo and I is when does it cross the line in a political argument into becoming strictly a religious argument. Like I said before, it's impossible to talk about the U.S. founding documents without a religious nature when those documents have those types of things in there and when some of them are based off of religious principles.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 01:42:08 AM »
Arnold, I'm not going to move things just because god or some other religion was mentioned.  But if it looks like that's what people are wanting to talk about in the thread, I'm going to move it.  I think that's in line with what Ron just said.  I don't want to see people using political for a religious crusade which some have done and they've gotten away with because there is a "politcal connection"  If I get the sense that everything someone is posting is done to voice religious beefs, well it's the wrong forum for that and I'm going to point them toward religon. This is one of the hardest things to make a judgement call on.  I might make some mistakes and probably have already.  the best I can do is to say that I'll do my best to not move something that shouldn't be moved.  But if someone is on a crusade only posting to attack a religion, it might get moved because as I said, political is not the place for a religious crusade.  We're not at war with a religion and until the president declares war on a religion, political shouldn't be used as the headquarters for a campaign againt a religion.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 11:11:59 AM »

The Grand Poobah has spoken.   :)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2010, 06:59:55 AM »
If an issue involving politics that are deeply entrenched in religion is posted, so be it.  As long as its creating discussion/debate why relegate it to another board?  To me it just comes across as sour grapes that the thread isn't in alignment with what the person moving thinks it should be.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2010, 09:19:42 AM »
If an issue involving politics that are deeply entrenched in religion is posted, so be it.  As long as its creating discussion/debate why relegate it to another board?  To me it just comes across as sour grapes that the thread isn't in alignment with what the person moving thinks it should be.

Agreed, especially if it's a topic/story that is covered by, wait for it, political news papers/mags/TV shows.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2010, 11:08:17 AM »

Truth.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2010, 01:16:32 PM »
The problem is that Hugo Chavez is far too immature and biased to be in a position of determining whether a thread is "religious in nature" or not. He has long since taken to moving any thread involving Islam while he continually leaves up, and even posts in, threads bashing Christians and Jews started by the likes of Samson and Hugo's own gimmick accounts.

For example, he moved a thread about a man being fired for burning a Koran on 9/11 while he was off work. Religious thread? No. First amendment thread? Yes. Involves Islam? Yes. Well, Hugo thinks it needs to moved then. It's clear that, much like the MSM, he is pushing a pro-Muslim, anti-Christian/Jew/White/American agenda and it really has no business on this forum.

He's an immature crybaby, a troll and derails more threads than anyone else on the board. Why keep him as moderator when Ozmo and Beach Bum were doing the job fine when Hugo disappeared for six months?

And I'm definitely not the only one that thinks the politics board goes to shit every time Hugo and his gimmicks start posting again.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2010, 08:10:10 AM »
The problem is that Hugo Chavez is far too immature and biased to be in a position of determining whether a thread is "religious in nature" or not. He has long since taken to moving any thread involving Islam while he continually leaves up, and even posts in, threads bashing Christians and Jews started by the likes of Samson and Hugo's own gimmick accounts.

For example, he moved a thread about a man being fired for burning a Koran on 9/11 while he was off work. Religious thread? No. First amendment thread? Yes. Involves Islam? Yes. Well, Hugo thinks it needs to moved then. It's clear that, much like the MSM, he is pushing a pro-Muslim, anti-Christian/Jew/White/American agenda and it really has no business on this forum.

He's an immature crybaby, a troll and derails more threads than anyone else on the board. Why keep him as moderator when Ozmo and Beach Bum were doing the job fine when Hugo disappeared for six months?

And I'm definitely not the only one that thinks the politics board goes to shit every time Hugo and his gimmicks start posting again.

Bump.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2010, 09:12:14 AM »
bump

::)  ohhh... loook at me, look at me hahahaha...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 04:40:34 AM »

Bump.