Author Topic: The good old days.  (Read 41472 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: The good old days.
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2010, 07:57:27 PM »
Chick you toupee toting troglodyte, you mash you way into this thread, bulbous head first in hopes of stirring up the pot and rain on a bday thread only to find out quickly that to a compellingly cretinous cocksmooches dismay such as yourself, the plan turns out to be, sorta whats fulla milk swinging with a half dollar sized gyno induced nipple in tow, to-and-fro, from his saggy perma tanned frame - a bust.

Peddling BSN products to pre-teens with that cheshire cat smile and disfigured thumbs up pose, feeding at the bottom of a two bit lifestyle, gobbling up others leftover gags and feces in order to sustain the meager thing you eek out daily called life is apparently your way, Chick, you fucking scrapped scrub.

You fail to realize you're a fucking degenerate dung heap and you wouldnt get the point if you jab your Enanthate enhanced jerky into a pencil sharpener....take your egg whites and fuck off in this thread

Say whatever you want about Bob, just leave his hair out of it. It is very much real and it is magnificent!

Joe Roark

• Expert
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2010, 07:59:28 PM »
Here is the list of the judges. Not sure if this is the complete list because the simple program was made days before the show. You can see most of the judges were past bodybuilding champions and that is about as good as it gets for a judging panel.

The Mr Pacific Northwest was also staged with the Mr Canada contest. This was supposed to be for Washington and Alaska as well as BC and Alberta. The Washington State bodybuilders didn't show up so what can I say? John Mikl on the left was the best junior and came third. I think that is Edgar Fletcher on the right who came second. Ken Rivard didn't enter this contest because he was confident he would win the Mr Canada title. In the background is Walter Milner who won the Mr Canada a few years later and was a great champion from Moosehorn, Manitoba. John Mikl won Mr Canada as well and sang professionally as Thor. The lad in the back in trousers had polio but was allowed to compete as a favour to give him some encouragement. Joe Hing is partly hidden but was a popular lad from Fiji. I will have to find the Mr Canada photos and post some here.

Vince, if you recall the name of the man with polio, please mention it. There was a competitor from the 1960s who had polio, who did not place last in the contest he entered. I will try to find which file that was in.

Hope your birthday  went well!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2010, 08:04:15 PM »
Hi Joe. I believe the lad with polio was Lenny Marriott. He got an encouragement award that night. It was great to see him training in the gym despite his handicap. Not sure what happened to him because I moved to Australia 6 months after winning that title. I never enjoyed the prestige of that title in BC.

Joe Roark

• Expert
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2010, 08:17:07 PM »
Here is the list of the judges. Not sure if this is the complete list because the simple program was made days before the show. You can see most of the judges were past bodybuilding champions and that is about as good as it gets for a judging panel.

The Mr Pacific Northwest was also staged with the Mr Canada contest. This was supposed to be for Washington and Alaska as well as BC and Alberta. The Washington State bodybuilders didn't show up so what can I say? John Mikl on the left was the best junior and came third. I think that is Edgar Fletcher on the right who came second. Ken Rivard didn't enter this contest because he was confident he would win the Mr Canada title. In the background is Walter Milner who won the Mr Canada a few years later and was a great champion from Moosehorn, Manitoba. John Mikl won Mr Canada as well and sang professionally as Thor. The lad in the back in trousers had polio but was allowed to compete as a favour to give him some encouragement. Joe Hing is partly hidden but was a popular lad from Fiji. I will have to find the Mr Canada photos and post some here.

Vince, here are the results of the 1970 Mr. Canada that I have in my files:
1. Vince Basile
2. Ken Rivard
3. Phillippe Alfani
4. Walter Milner
5. John Mikl
6. Ray Bakaluk
-Lenny Marriott
-Joe Hing
-Syd Pukalo

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2010, 09:46:14 PM »
Here is contest favourite Ken Rivard posing. He won best back, best arms and best chest. Milner got most muscular and best abs and I got best legs and best poser.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2010, 09:58:29 PM »
When you get degrees you obviously are not retarded. I did teach mentally handicapped children one year.

Then you should have no trouble explaining to us how you came to the conclusion that a 185lb man who obviously weight trains and is extremely active and trains in MMA (non-competitively I'm assuming) and is older, needs only 20 grams of protein per day? Do not understand there are multiple functions protein has besides hypertrophy?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2010, 10:14:58 PM »
Please, Coach, I am not an expert in nutrition and neither are you. Go get your information from university textbooks on nutrition and stop believing bullshit.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2010, 10:19:57 PM »
Please, Coach, I am not an expert in nutrition and neither are you. Go get your information from university textbooks on nutrition and stop believing bullshit.

There is a direct correlation between nutrition and hypertrophy, you claim to be an expert in hypertrophy, you cannot have one without the other. You told Pellis that he was wasting protein and he only needed 20grms per day. Again, how did you come to that conclusion?

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2010, 10:21:03 PM »
There is a direct correlation between nutrition and hypertrophy, you claim to be an expert in hypertrophy, you cannot have one without the other. You told Pellis that he was wasting protein and he only needed 20grms per day. Again, how did you come to that conclusion?

20 grams

or protein

per day?

wtffffff

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2010, 10:25:53 PM »
20 grams

or protein

per day?

wtffffff

In all fairness to Vince, it's damn near impossible to NOT take in 20grms of protein per day.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2010, 10:46:41 PM »
Here is the article I wrote for Joe Weider after the Mr Canada. Ray Beck didn't have time to write it! I also wrote the article in Ironman but it was by an 'observer'! This article made Frank Zane tell me I have been in Fantasyland all my life because it said my ambition was to beat Frank Zane. Who knows what I could have achieved had I gone to live in LA instead of Sydney? Perhaps I was lucky I went to live in Australia! Most of those champions from the good olds days are hardly remembered nowadays. In those days the two big titles were Mr America and Mr Universe in England. Mr Canada was prestigious because Joe and Ben were from Canada and their early magazines featured many of the bodybuilders from Quebec. By the time I won in 1970 Joe was in New Jersey and soon to shift to California where he lives to this day.   

This article lists the competitors and winners plus the other events that day.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2010, 10:48:20 PM »
Here is page 4

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2010, 11:02:28 PM »
When I reread my article there are inconsistencies about the number of judges and how many 1st places Ken and I got. At one point I write that Ken and Phillippe both got one first place each and I got the rest. Perhaps this was after the prejudging because we were judged again in the finals and perhaps there were more judges there. Not really sure now as that was 40 years ago. My memory is quite good but sometimes details fade away. I do recall that it was close. I must have the judges sheets somewhere so might find them and see what the heck happened. All that really matters is who gets the trophy.
When I look at the photos I am pleased with the one showing me with all the trophies. The others aren't so impressive. The ones of the guys on stage standing relaxed makes our shoulders look narrow. That is because the angle is looking up. The really big guys still look big from that angle. So most of us in those days weren't very big. I was 190 pounds and Joe Gold looked at me when I was 210 and said 180. That is what he figured my lean weight would be. I never did get cuts on my thighs so maybe Joe was right. Of course I never accepted what Joe said.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2010, 11:50:41 PM »
Happy belated birthday Vince, mate witch gym are you @ in Sydney?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2010, 12:07:00 AM »
I co-own Vince and Roz's Gym in Meadowbank.

http://www.realgym.com.au/

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2010, 12:17:06 AM »
Airfare across Canada from East to West was $260? Very expensive for 1970. A bunch of guys could have driven out in a van a week out but the trip would be tough on the body.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2010, 06:34:41 AM »
My penis needs more than 20g per day. Just to maintain.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2010, 06:36:30 AM »
I co-own Vince and Roz's Gym in Meadowbank.

http://www.realgym.com.au/
Oh didnt realise it was your birthday . hope you had a good one and rooted a fat sheila  ;D

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2010, 08:52:22 AM »
The good old days for Vince= Before Megans law and Amber alerts

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2010, 09:06:13 AM »
Team Basile

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2010, 06:08:30 PM »
TEAM Nasser

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2010, 06:49:15 PM »
When you get degrees you obviously are not retarded. I did teach mentally handicapped children one year.

Were they normal before they entered your class?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2010, 06:53:34 PM »
When you get degrees you obviously are not retarded. I did teach touch some mentally handicapped children one year.
:D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2010, 04:25:37 AM »
Ok, I'll bite.  What did you study, Vince?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2010, 04:27:34 AM »
Chickenhawkology, minor in Buggery.