Author Topic: So Much for "Separation of Church & State"; Obama begs clergy to pimp ObamaCare  (Read 4780 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Obama Asks Religious Leaders to Preach the Gospel of HC Reform

With approval ratings plummeting and support for the new health care law waning, the president is scrambling for ways to sell his health care overhaul. Possibly looking for a miracle, he’s turning to church leaders who preach about such events to deliver one.

“Obama, alongside other top administration officials, beseeched thousands of faith-based and community organizations to preach the gospel on new insurance reforms, chiefly the Patients’ Bill of Rights.” That’s how Politico describes a conference call that featured the president on Tuesday.

“Get out there and spread the word,” the president encouraged religious leaders on the call. Politico reports that Obama also advised those listening to treat the new law as settled fact and use their perches of power to convey that message to congregants and friends.

“The debate in Washington is over,” he said, and called on the leaders to be “important validators and trusted resources,” regarding the law.

Despite reports and news that the new health care law is not fulfilling some of the promises Obama made regarding it, and that those within the president’s own party are distancing themselves from it, he still sees the law as a monumental piece of legislation that is good for the country:

This is something that we’ll be able to look back on, just like we do on Medicare and Social Security, as a cornerstone that improves the security of millions of Americans, at the same time lowers costs and gets control of costs, both at the government level, but also for families and businesses.

That‘s a sentiment that is not shared by all those in the president’s own party. For example, Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR) who voted for the health care bill is now encouraging his state to seek ways to bypass some of its requirement.

Tuesday’s conference call was organized by Health and Human Services Center for Faith-Based and Community Partnerships.

Recognizing the large task in front of the group, Joshua DuBois, director of the White House Office of Faith-based and Community Partnerships, outlined the task: “We’ve got work to do.”

My, my, my!!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obama-asks-religious-leaders-to-preach-the-gospel-of-hc-reforms/

che

• Getbig V
Who cares ?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Normally, the left does, when presidents starting cozying up to pastors (especially when the last one did so). Usually, they go bonkers.

Edit - This was supposed to go on the Political Board. I'll move it there myself.

che

• Getbig V
Normally, the left does, when presidents starting cozying up to pastors (especially when the last one did so). Usually, they go bonkers.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

As much sense as non-believers blowing a gasket, whining about someone they don't believe exist.

Of course that has little to do with the subject at hand: The relative silence of the left, when their poster boy begs preachers to pimp...ahem...promote ObamaCare.

che

• Getbig V
As much sense as non-believers blowing a gasket, whining about someone they don't believe exist.

Of course that has little to do with the subject at hand: The relative silence of the left, when their poster boy begs preachers to pimp...ahem...promote ObamaCare.

settle down YMCA  ,Olympia weekend brother.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
settle down YMCA  ,Olympia weekend brother.

I'll check it out, during the finals, tommorrow. Maybe Dexter Jackson can win another one.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Repubs have been doing this for years.

Shit the Repubs used churches to advocate against both Obama and Kerry

I don't like it but he'd be dumb not to do the same thing

It's impossible to stop this shit so my "solution" would be to take away all tax exempt status for all "religious" institutions and treat them like any other political group

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Repubs have been doing this for years.

Shit the Repubs used churches to advocate against both Obama and Kerry

I don't like it but he'd be dumb not to do the same thing

It's impossible to stop this shit so my "solution" would be to take away all tax exempt status for all "religious" institutions and treat them like any other political group

So if it's a repub there should be an outcry, if its a dem "it's dumb not to do the same thing....?"  Great logic.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
So if it's a repub there should be an outcry, if its a dem "it's dumb not to do the same thing....?"  Great logic.

it's always bad but it can't be regulated or stopped so we should just assume it going to continue to be done and just pull the tax exempt status and let them be treated like any other group

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
it's always bad but it can't be regulated or stopped so we should just assume it going to continue to be done and just pull the tax exempt status and let them be treated like any other group

I'm not arguing with that point, it's just that when Bush was in office, or if ANY repub mentions church, god, etc... they get villified by the left, yet when Odrama does the exact same thing, it's "ok because repubs do it."  Talk about standing on principles...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Obama Asks Religious Leaders to Preach the Gospel of HC Reform

With approval ratings plummeting and support for the new health care law waning, the president is scrambling for ways to sell his health care overhaul. Possibly looking for a miracle, he’s turning to church leaders who preach about such events to deliver one.

“Obama, alongside other top administration officials, beseeched thousands of faith-based and community organizations to preach the gospel on new insurance reforms, chiefly the Patients’ Bill of Rights.” That’s how Politico describes a conference call that featured the president on Tuesday.

“Get out there and spread the word,” the president encouraged religious leaders on the call. Politico reports that Obama also advised those listening to treat the new law as settled fact and use their perches of power to convey that message to congregants and friends.

“The debate in Washington is over,” he said, and called on the leaders to be “important validators and trusted resources,” regarding the law.

Despite reports and news that the new health care law is not fulfilling some of the promises Obama made regarding it, and that those within the president’s own party are distancing themselves from it, he still sees the law as a monumental piece of legislation that is good for the country:

This is something that we’ll be able to look back on, just like we do on Medicare and Social Security, as a cornerstone that improves the security of millions of Americans, at the same time lowers costs and gets control of costs, both at the government level, but also for families and businesses.

That‘s a sentiment that is not shared by all those in the president’s own party. For example, Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR) who voted for the health care bill is now encouraging his state to seek ways to bypass some of its requirement.

Tuesday’s conference call was organized by Health and Human Services Center for Faith-Based and Community Partnerships.

Recognizing the large task in front of the group, Joshua DuBois, director of the White House Office of Faith-based and Community Partnerships, outlined the task: “We’ve got work to do.”

My, my, my!!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obama-asks-religious-leaders-to-preach-the-gospel-of-hc-reforms/

This dumb SOB just don't get it....over 70% of Americans DO NOT WANT IT but this elitist fuck and his "administration" thinks they know better. Like most people, I'm happy with my health care. Funny how they want for everyone else but not for themselves!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
This dumb SOB just don't get it....over 70% of Americans DO NOT WANT IT but this elitist fuck and his "administration" thinks they know better. Like most people, I'm happy with my health care. Funny how they want for everyone else but not for themselves!

That's right!! The last time I checked, neither ObamaCare's namesake nor any of his staff are on this mess.

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
Technically, if a pastor/priest/rabbi is documented as having preached politics from the pulpit, they can lose their not for profit status [501(c)(3)].

So, this could be a big mess.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
republicans have been doing it for years...its about time the dems gave this a shot, and caught up with the times...

bench