Author Topic: Obama: "Fox News is destructive to the growth of the country"  (Read 9038 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Obama: "Fox News is destructive to the growth of the country"
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2010, 12:54:20 PM »
Obama is simply whining as usual, blaming everyone but himself for his stupid policies. Of course, when Mons can pry Obama's nuts out his mouth, maybe he can actually explain why Fox is still DOMINATING cable news (while CNN and MSNBC just SACKED their two executives) and why the Dems can't or won't defend their policies, during their campaigns.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2010, 01:03:53 PM »
I find it funny that ALL these videos,none of which I watched,come from the Obama shills at MSNBC.Sorry,you can bet these reports showing FOX doctering tapes are doctored themselves.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2010, 01:13:39 PM »
and the one where hannity said he's wrong is also fake,ooooooobbbbbbbboy!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2010, 01:13:57 PM »
Obama simply cant accept the fact that people utterly reject his insane agenda.  

People like 240, mons, Blacken, Benny, et al.  are just upset since they bought he Obama commemortive dinner plate, the coins, the bumper stickers, the shirts, etc etc and are deep down so utterly embarassed thatt he only thing they have left is to lash out like bitches.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2010, 01:14:35 PM »
and the one where hannity said he's wrong is also fake,ooooooobbbbbbbboy!!

Where is Madows apology for blaming the census worker suicide on Tea Party people? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2010, 01:20:19 PM »
changing the subject again ???

Mons Venus

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2010, 01:22:24 PM »
changing the subject again ???

No, if you want to go tit for tat we can do that all day.  

This is about the disgusting traitor you make excuses for trying to squelch debate and blame for the daily fail machine that he owns and has orchestrated.    

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2010, 05:50:46 PM »
No, if you want to go tit for tat we can do that all day.  

This is about the disgusting traitor you make excuses for trying to squelch debate and blame for the daily fail machine that he owns and has orchestrated.    

Duck and dodge goes Team Kneepadder.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2010, 04:38:07 AM »
Is Obama launching a new fall attack on Fox News?
www.baltimoresun.com

_______________________-

Last year at this time, President Obama and his top White House advisers were about to launch a disastrous campaign against Fox News.

I say disastrous because the acting communications director, Anita Dunn, who sounded the call to arms on Howard Kurtz's "Reliable Sources" show would resign within weeks, and the president and his innermost circle after going on every major non-Fox news show to attack the highest-rated cable news channel as "not really being a news channel," were in full retreat.

I was in the middle of it, a little lonely at first as one of the only mainstream journalists denouncing what the White House was up. I stressed the need for a free press -- independent from the reaches and power of any of the branches of government -- for democracy to be served.

It got nasty before journalists at other cable channels and networks who understood the principle stepped up and spoke out against an executive branch trying to bully and browbeat a competitor. ABC's Jake Tapper, then-CNN host Campbell Brown and NBC's Savannah Guthrie were among the cable and network newscasters who ultimately challenged the White House on what it was trying to do to Fox.

And now comes President Obama in a "Rolling Stone" interview citing the very point I made over and over while under attack from his operatives when he was asked by Jann Wenner about Fox News in a midterm-themed cover story in "Rolling Stone." And after he cites the Constitutional principle, he then goes back on the attack saying Fox News is "destructive" to the country.

Here we go again -- sort of. The president seems to have learned from the mistakes of last fall's campaign against Fox. But instead of using his newly gained wisdom to respect the role of a free press, he's using it to try to be more effective in his attack on Fox News. He's trying to plug the gaping hole in last year's rationale to better disguise his partisan intent.

UPDATE: 8 p.m. Check out this report of White House spokesperson praising MSNBC and Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow if you don't think the White House is on the attack against Fox again just as it was last fall -- while shutting its eyes to MSNBC committing the same sins of bias of which it accuses Fox News. This sure looks like playing to the base to me. The White House spokesman says the president believes Olbermann provides an "invaluable service" to the country. He helps keep government "honest." And this, while the president is saying Fox News is "destructive" to the country.

According to TVNewser's account of the Rolling Stone interview, here's Obama's answer after Wenner asks him is he thinks Fox News is "is a good institution for America and for democracy."

(Talk about loaded, tee-'em-up, partisan, softball questions. If the publisher of "Rolling Stone" was so concerned about what institutions were good for democracy, he should have stepped up last fall when the executive branch of government was trying to crush one of the most popular news outlets in America. Anyway, here's Obama, and please note the laughter at the question about Fox and democracy indicated in the transcript of the exchange.)

Obama: “[Laughs] Look, as president, I swore to uphold the Constitution, and part of that Constitution is a free press. We’ve got a tradition in this country of a press that oftentimes is opinionated. The golden age of an objective press was a pretty narrow span of time in our history. Before that, you had folks like Hearst who used their newspapers very intentionally to promote their viewpoints. I think Fox is part of that tradition – it is part of the tradition that has a very clear, undeniable point of view. It’s a point of view that I disagree with. It’s a point of view that I think is ultimately destructive for the long-term growth of a country that has a vibrant middle class and is competitive in the world. But as an economic enterprise, it’s been wildly successful. And I suspect that if you ask Mr. Murdoch what his number-one concern is, it’s that Fox is very successful.”

I love it that Obama finally masters the first week's topic for Government and the Press 101, the part about the need for independent press, and now he's lecturing us on the History of the Press 499 like he knows what he is talking about.

That's fine, that's Obama, isn't it?

And I guess, it is even okay if Obama wants to say he believes Fox News has a point of view and that  it's "ultimately destructive" for America. That is a pretty serious charge for the president of the United States to make against a media outlet. I wonder if Obama realizes that he carries the history and the weight of the presidency behind him when he say such things -- words that seem more suited to the slash-and-burn rhetoric of a politician on the campaign trail than the president of the United States.

But, after all, Fox News is winning with the viewer-voters of America, and Obama has been losing support for his party left and right. And nothing rallies the left, which is pretty disllusioned with Obama these days, like an attack on Fox -- especially on a week of more great ratings news and the release of a study that finds Fox a winner when voters are asked what news outlets are having a positive impact on American politics.

But you don't deny Fox News or any other news organization access to pool interviews with administration officials as was done last year or have your top aides go on Sunday morning public affairs shows and tell other journalists they should cut Fox News from the journalistic herd.

I have written this before, but it bears repeating: Outside of Richard Nixon, I have never seen  a president with the profound contempt for the press that Obama has.

Say what you will about Fox News and the all the candidates on its payroll, and its parent company donating $1 million to the GOP, all journalists owe Roger Ailes & Co. a debt of gratitude for standing up to the White House last year and teaching this president a lesson about the press and government -- a lesson that you think he would have learned long ago being a professor of law.

Read the Rolling Stone article here.

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2010, 06:46:08 AM »
Obama is just pissed off that anyone dares question his daily lie machine. 

This Admn is an assembly line of lies, distortions, treason, destruction, and incompetence.

And so was the last Admn so it looks like we are all fucked...

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2010, 06:47:58 AM »
Obama is simply whining as usual, blaming everyone but himself for his stupid policies. Of course, when Mons can pry Obama's nuts out his mouth, maybe he can actually explain why Fox is still DOMINATING cable news (while CNN and MSNBC just SACKED their two executives) and why the Dems can't or won't defend their policies, during their campaigns.

Maybe you should get Fox's nuts out of your mouth before you choke on them you sad fag..

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2010, 06:53:48 AM »
Maybe you should get Fox's nuts out of your mouth before you choke on them you sad fag..

12% of Americans trust MSNBC you f'n dunce,compared to 465 who trust FOX.Obama is wrong as he usually is.

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2010, 06:55:30 AM »
12% of Americans trust MSNBC you f'n dunce,compared to 465 who trust FOX.Obama is wrong as he usually is.

Whats your point? The American people also chose Obama to led the country and look how thats going :)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2010, 07:24:17 AM »

Whats your point? The American people also chose Obama to led the country and look how thats going :)

They fell for a lie.They will change that in Nov.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2010, 07:30:03 AM »
The sad fact is we have a POTUS who is so thin skinned and insecure that he cannot handle any criticism. Seems to me a coordinated attack on Fox news by the federal government is bordering on a 1st amendment issue.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2010, 07:32:38 AM »

Lets hope so i just dont think it will make a difference but we will see

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2010, 07:37:57 AM »
Lets hope so i just dont think it will make a difference but we will see

Saddly I agree.The destruction will slow down,but there will still be destruction.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2010, 07:46:26 AM »

obama's still hovering at 45% approval.

He gets 50.1% approval and he keeps his job dude.  It's not that much of a leap.  This is barring some attack or something that bumps him 20 points overnight in polls, like bush enjoyed with 911.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2010, 07:48:10 AM »

He gets 50.1% approval and he keeps his job dude.  It's not that much of a leap.  This is barring some attack or something that bumps him 20 points overnight in polls, like bush enjoyed with 911.

I would really like to know where this 45% comes from, I only see a very small % of the Obama dead enders that still support his BS agenda.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2010, 07:50:47 AM »
I would really like to know where this 45% comes from, I only see a very small % of the Obama dead enders that still support his BS agenda.

you should hang out in places like social security lines, food stamp offices, etc.  Not a lot of Thune supporters there...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2010, 07:56:24 AM »

Where do you get this number.The last number I saw was 42%.Anything hovering around 40% the president loses.Here is how you know Obama is rejected,watch the vote in Nov.Thats all that counts.UE will be over 10% he is out.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2010, 08:04:29 AM »
you should hang out in places like social security lines, food stamp offices, etc.  Not a lot of Thune supporters there...

Sorry don't have time I have a job, so that food stamps etc can be paid for
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2010, 08:06:51 AM »

Wasn't it 42% the other day? Not that 240 is big on facts or telling the truth.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2010, 08:15:07 AM »
Where do you get this number.The last number I saw was 42%.Anything hovering around 40% the president loses.Here is how you know Obama is rejected,watch the vote in Nov.Thats all that counts.UE will be over 10% he is out.

obama is at 45% this morning on gallup

http://www.gallup.com/home.aspx