Author Topic: Tom Prince - Any updates?  (Read 19702 times)

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
Re: Tom Prince UPDATE
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 05:51:59 PM »
Bob, serious question here...  How does he feel about the whole thing now that he is waiting for a kidney?  Does he regret the path he took and does he think it was worth it?

Was always curious about that!

does that question really need to be asked........seriously??........the guy devoted over a decade of his best most productive years (his 20s and 30s)........and came out of it with a fiduciary deficit and a life threatening condition.   

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2010, 05:53:49 PM »
Bob, serious question here...  How does he feel about the whole thing now that he is waiting for a kidney?  Does he regret the path he took and does he think it was worth it?

Actually does he think drugs are just the finishing touch?

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2010, 05:55:14 PM »

does that question really need to be asked........seriously??........the guy devoted over a decade of his best most productive years (his 20s and 30s)........and came out of it with a fiduciary deficit and a life threatening condition.   

You never know man, he may stand up and say I have no regrets was loving it at the time, I made my choices and this is what happened!  or whatever!

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2010, 05:55:52 PM »
well.. i cant talk for tom. i am sure chick can.. but when i did speak to him years ago he was not bitter at all.. he said would have done many things different to try and prevent the pain and the taking of numerous pain killers.. meaning training different ect.. he did not blame gear when i talked to him.. maybe he has a different outlook now..

but in regards to tom not being "popular" on here.. i dont think he cared  ;).. but i can tell ya when i talked to him he was a decent guy and pretty funny..

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2010, 05:59:52 PM »

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2010, 06:05:33 PM »
As much as Tom got called out for blaming Advil for his kidney problems, Advil at the doses he was taking it in is simply not easy on the kidneys.  Granted, Tom said nothing about the diuretics which I'm sure contributed.  Did steroids contribute?  Insofar as steroids increased his blood pressure and high blood pressure being bad for the kidneys, I would say yes.  But the bulking drugs were probably the least damaging substances he consumed.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2010, 06:29:19 PM »
well.. i cant talk for tom. i am sure chick can.. but when i did speak to him years ago he was not bitter at all.. he said would have done many things different to try and prevent the pain and the taking of numerous pain killers.. meaning training different ect.. he did not blame gear when i talked to him.. maybe he has a different outlook now..

but in regards to tom not being "popular" on here.. i dont think he cared  ;).. but i can tell ya when i talked to him he was a decent guy and pretty funny..

His stance hasn't changed, and Tom has mentioned taking NUMEROUS pain killers, not just advil as the fucktards here would have anyone believe...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2010, 06:33:44 PM »
Sure, like the heaping amount of steroids had nothing to do with his kidney failure  ::) ::)
X

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2010, 06:34:42 PM »
just as a sidepoint.........tom prince is one of my all time favorite bobyduilders

freaky thick cartoonish muscle

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2010, 06:35:17 PM »
Sure, like the heaping amount of steroids had nothing to do with his kidney failure  ::) ::)

No, not really...If you knew more about the subject, you wouldnt make such staements. Did steroids HELP...no. Were they the direct cause....no.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2010, 06:37:51 PM »
No, not really...If you knew more about the subject, you wouldnt make such staements. Did steroids HELP...no. Were they the direct cause....no.
You honestly can sit there and say steroids didn't cause his problems?
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 06:41:31 PM »

Bob-o, in medicine, they can never know for a 100% certainty what causes many diseases because the studies that are done to determine diseases are correlational studies, not experimental conditions, which allow for cause and effect. However, assigning people to an experiment or control condition (smoking or non smoking) is unethical.

With that in mind, no, we cannot say for a 100% certainty that steroids caused his disease. But we cannot rule out that possibility.

You reap what you sow.
X

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 06:42:32 PM »
You honestly can sit there and say steroids didn't cause his problems?

Yeah, actaully I can.  Pick up a book....

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2010, 06:44:43 PM »
Yeah, actaully I can.  Pick up a book....
here is the book youre reading.
A

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2010, 06:50:07 PM »
here is the book youre reading.

Funny...but all you've done is expose your ignorance. Anyone with even a hint of knowledge on the subject will tell you that pain killers will destroy the kidneys 10 fold over AAS

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2010, 06:52:36 PM »
Funny...but all you've done is expose your ignorance. Anyone with even a hint of knowledge on the subject will tell you that pain killers will destroy the kidneys 10 fold over AAS

this is true, I also saw bob lecture this guy on a tv show who wanted to do gh and test to get back in shape and they guy was taking all these supplements and his blood tests from his doctor came back all whacked out and bob told him it was the supplements that he was taking all that crap not the steroids and gh, bob was right, i think it was called 30 days or something.

TEAM Nasser

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2010, 06:53:12 PM »
Here's a freebie for ya, champ...

Prolonged or frequent use of two common over-the-counter pain medicines increases a person's chances of developing irreversible kidney failure, results of a new study show.

Adults who take the equivalent of more than two tablets of ibuprofen a day for seven years have roughly nine times the risk of kidney failure seen in people who take about two tablets a week, according to the report. Similar consumption of acetaminophen, the most popular painkiller in the United States, increases the risk of kidney failure about twofold.

In contrast, frequent aspirin users seem to be at no increased risk, wrote the authors of a study appearing in today's New England Journal of …

Read all of this article with a FREE trial

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2010, 06:57:25 PM »
Here's a freebie for ya, champ...

Prolonged or frequent use of two common over-the-counter pain medicines increases a person's chances of developing irreversible kidney failure, results of a new study show.

Adults who take the equivalent of more than two tablets of ibuprofen a day for seven years have roughly nine times the risk of kidney failure seen in people who take about two tablets a week, according to the report. Similar consumption of acetaminophen, the most popular painkiller in the United States, increases the risk of kidney failure about twofold.

In contrast, frequent aspirin users seem to be at no increased risk, wrote the authors of a study appearing in today's New England Journal of …

Read all of this article with a FREE trial

chick can you tell us what 30 days episode that was you were in that the guy wanted to lose weight with the test and gh?

TEAM Nasser

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2010, 06:58:43 PM »
this is true, I also saw bob lecture this guy on a tv show who wanted to do gh and test to get back in shape and they guy was taking all these supplements and his blood tests from his doctor came back all whacked out and bob told him it was the supplements that he was taking all that crap not the steroids and gh, bob was right, i think it was called 30 days or something.

bob is selectively trying to say steroids don't fuck up your kidneys.
Everything is bad for you. Roids are just REALLY bad for your kidneys.  ::)
A

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2010, 07:01:43 PM »

i remeber watching that show, with the guy trying to get back into shape with HRT, and being so frustrated.........at that guys insecure, hateful jew pig wife who was trying to impede his progress at every step..........because she didnt like that her husband was improving himself and starting to look better.............becau se she was a fat old sow, she wanted her husband ot be the same

so she was starting shit with that female personal trainer, cause she was insecure that the girl was pretty and spending time with the husband

starting shit with the doctors because the test and growth hormone were making him look and feel better

i actually had to turn the show off that woman made me so angry between her, and the negative picture the show was trying to paint about HRT.......the were starting from the premist that HRT was inherently harmful, so from the start the whole show was bias

the mistruths that guys primary care physician was saying about steroids were infuriating  

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2010, 07:03:06 PM »
chick can you tell us what 30 days episode that was you were in that the guy wanted to lose weight with the test and gh?

http://www.tv.com/30-days/anti-aging/episode/432294/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary

Season 1
Episode 2
Anti-Aging

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2010, 07:04:39 PM »

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2010, 07:06:38 PM »
bob is selectively trying to say steroids don't fuck up your kidneys.
everything is bad for you. Roids are just REALLY bad for your kidneys.  ::)

no they are not,. you speaking about things that are over you head. long term abuse of extremely high doses can lead to chronically high blood pressure which in turn can lead to kidney damage

but much more damaging , acutely and in the longtem , is abuse of pills both prescription and over the counter

in the cases where bodybuilders did fuck up their kidneys, steroids were just one component in a veritable concert of kidney-damaging behavior

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2010, 07:12:01 PM »
TEAM Nasser

dustin

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2010, 07:37:28 PM »
Guys, hop off the bandwagon. Bob is 100% correct so at least man up and admit it. NSAIDs are far more damaging than steroids, even at the doses Tom was taking. If you get regular blood work and are honest with your doctor you can negate virtually all the really bad long term affects.

Taking diuretics and going through precontest training (drug supplementation) is pretty nasty though. This isn't so healthy with the amount of food, training and drugs you feed your body while your CNS and body are in shambles.

Bob is spot on and not being selective, bias, protective or evasive. You fags are egging him on, baiting him and them melting down. Suffice to say Bob's taking out some rental space in your minds. Epic douchebaggery.