Author Topic: Veteran's Family Denied WH Tour Because of Shorts  (Read 1064 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Veteran's Family Denied WH Tour Because of Shorts
« on: September 30, 2010, 12:53:19 PM »
Someone needs to be fired. 

Thursday, 30 Sep 2010

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — The White House is apologizing for turning the family of a Medal of Honor recipient away from a tour last week because the late veteran's 10-year-old grandson was wearing shorts.

White House officials blamed a misunderstanding and have apologized to Heidy Baker and Vernon Pawlik, the widow and grandson of veteran Vernon Baker, who was buried last weekend at Arlington National Cemetery.

Baker, the last surviving black Medal of Honor winner from World War II, lived since the 1980s in a valley near St. Maries, Idaho, about 50 miles east of Spokane, Wash. Baker died at home July 13 from complications of brain cancer at age 90. He was buried Friday.

Baker received his overdue honors from President Bill Clinton at a 1997 White House ceremony.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/USWhiteHouseSnub/2010/09/30/id/372124

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Veteran's Family Denied WH Tour Because of Shorts
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 12:57:41 PM »
They probably had to make room for Ayeres, Wright, Bernadine Dohrn, Rashid Khalidi, Rezko, Imam Rauf, Gates, and others.   

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 12:58:34 PM »
But Michele can wear her sleevless dresses,with her flabby ass arms swinging in the wind and thats fine.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 02:09:48 PM »
I can't wear shorts and flops into the Grand Palace in Bangkok and must wear a shirt with a collar  so why is this such a big deal?

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 02:12:21 PM »
It's the white house not an IHOP.  An arrangement could and perhaps should have been made.  But standards have to be kept regardless of whose family it is. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 02:13:02 PM »
It's the white house not an IHOP.  An arrangement could and perhaps should have been made.  But standards have to be kept regardless of whose family it is. 

Funny considering most of the sports teams who show up , the chics are all in flip flops etc and no one said anything. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 02:16:15 PM »

Ha,ha,ha standards?Are you serious?We have a man living there who is hell bent on wrecking the country.Standards?A president who has a justice department who wont investigate ANY voter intimidation cases if the victim is white.When Obama was elected standards went out the window.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 02:21:26 PM »
I agree the White House should have standards and have no problem with a dress code.  But a 10-year-old grandson of a Medal of Honor recipient wearing shorts shouldn't have resulted in the denial of entry.  Aside from the fact they should be treating one of our heroes with a whole lot more respect, the bad press just isn't worth it.  At least they recognized this and apologized. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 02:22:49 PM »
I agree the White House should have standards and have no problem with a dress code.  But a 10-year-old grandson of a Medal of Honor recipient wearing shorts shouldn't have resulted in the denial of entry.  Aside from the fact they should be treating one of our heroes with a whole lot more respect, the bad press just isn't worth it.  At least they recognized this and apologized. 

In this WH - scum is rewarded - heros are trashed. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 02:26:15 PM »
Funny considering most of the sports teams who show up , the chics are all in flip flops etc and no one said anything. 

Official invites i imagine would be different than visitors.  I'm sure there is a dress code for official invites as well.  I've yet to see a sports team not in formal or at least business casual dress.  Open toed shoes on woman have been acceptable in many dress codes.  It's different for men though. 
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 02:31:20 PM »
This is from the Bush admin

The Bush administration may be taking some hits lately in the polls, but that doesn't mean it's going to let down its sartorial standards.

So signs have popped up at various White House entrances -- including the press entrance and the staff and visitors' entrance at the southwest gate -- along with e-mails to staff members, to remind everyone, particularly tour groups, that, even in these times of sinking poll numbers, proper attire is to be maintained.

The e-mail reminder was all in capital letters. It advised that there would be no jeans, sneakers, shorts, miniskirts, T-shirts, tank tops and -- with boldface added -- "NO FLIP FLOPS."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/24/AR2007072402132.html?hpid=sec-politics

So lets not pretend this is Obama's doing  ::)
Abandon every hope...

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 02:33:22 PM »
Is Bush still the president?

Oh, I see. Bush did it. No wonder Dems are going to get their butts kicked in November.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 02:35:08 PM »
Is Bush still the president?

Oh, I see. Bush did it. No wonder Dems are going to get their butts kicked in November.

haha yes Bush did it  ::) 

Never blamed Bush for it, just pointing out that this isn't Obama's doing because it's been this way since before he was president.  Sorry fool but you lose  8)
Abandon every hope...

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 02:40:02 PM »
haha yes Bush did it  ::)  

Never blamed Bush for it, just pointing out that this isn't Obama's doing because it's been this way since before he was president.  Sorry fool but you lose  8)

You shouldn't point anything out. Do you remember that Obama was supposed to be anti-bush in everything? Remember how Obama and all the Dems claimed a vote for McCain would be a vote for another Bush term?  What happened to CHANGE?

Remember that there were supposed to be changes, you dim witted jackass? Do you remember that? Why do you keep bringing up Bush? I thought Obama was supposed to change everything for the better?

Again, that is why Dems and Libs in general are going to get their pink slips in November.

Mons Venus

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 03:24:56 PM »
Someone needs to be fired. 

Thursday, 30 Sep 2010

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — The White House is apologizing for turning the family of a Medal of Honor recipient away from a tour last week because the late veteran's 10-year-old grandson was wearing shorts.

White House officials blamed a misunderstanding and have apologized to Heidy Baker and Vernon Pawlik, the widow and grandson of veteran Vernon Baker, who was buried last weekend at Arlington National Cemetery.

Baker, the last surviving black Medal of Honor winner from World War II, lived since the 1980s in a valley near St. Maries, Idaho, about 50 miles east of Spokane, Wash. Baker died at home July 13 from complications of brain cancer at age 90. He was buried Friday.

Baker received his overdue honors from President Bill Clinton at a 1997 White House ceremony.

The family must be white. If black.........NewMax's headline would read: "BLACK FAMILY SHOWS UP TO WHITE HOUSE IN NEGRO SHORTS.....THE OUTRAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 03:31:05 PM »
Ha,ha,ha standards?Are you serious?We have a man living there who is hell bent on wrecking the country.Standards?A president who has a justice department who wont investigate ANY voter intimidation cases if the victim is white.When Obama was elected standards went out the window.

So we should just abandon all sense of respectability and pride because some idiot (which there's been plenty the last 40+ years) is in the white house?

Makes no sense at all unless you are clinically retarded.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 04:00:27 PM »
The family must be white. If black.........NewMax's headline would read: "BLACK FAMILY SHOWS UP TO WHITE HOUSE IN NEGRO SHORTS.....THE OUTRAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Troll.   ::)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 04:40:19 PM »
Uh hello, the kid is 10 fucking years old. Who gives a shit what the dress code is? Was Barry worried that other 10 year olds across the country would flood the Oval Office lobby dressed inappropriately and that he would have to turn them away?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 06:19:07 PM »
Skip to comments.

White House Apologizes for Denying Tour to Veteran's Family Because of Shorts (Medal of Honor)
A/P ^ | 9/30/2010 | A/P via FoxNews.com

The White House apologized Thursday for turning the family of a Medal of Honor recipient away from an exclusive tour last week because the late veteran's 10-year-old grandson was wearing shorts.

Vernon Baker, the last surviving black Medal of Honor winner from World War II, was buried Friday at Arlington National Cemetery after dying in July from complications of brain cancer at age 90. He belatedly received the military's top award from President Bill Clinton in 1997, after historians concluded he'd been wrongly denied because of his race.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2010, 02:35:57 PM »
So Obama lets in suspected terrorists but not these people? 

I got it.    ::)  ::)  ::)