Author Topic: I Know For A Fact There's No Afterlife.  (Read 26767 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: I Know For A Fact There's No Afterlife.
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2010, 01:28:21 AM »
See, i don't need to "prove" my intellect on an internet message board.

Your argumentation would provoke histerical laughter in any university, but here on getbig your no-paragraph bullshit makes you feel like a professor...

And yet you're unable to offer any critique of anything I've written. As for the universities, yes, I am sure that most university alumni would side with the hypothesis without evidence or logical consistency in detriment of the one that has. I don't know if you're aware of this, but most people who have erudiction are either atheistic or agnostic and thus most likely don't believe in an afterlife.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2010, 01:49:30 AM »
I am polytheistic.

I also think death is same as before born: blank out

scary huh

the VOID

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2010, 01:50:27 AM »
I am polytheistic.

scary huh

the VOID

you believe in more invisible men in the sky "tallgerman"?

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2010, 02:26:07 AM »
i hope there is something after life i really want to believe
so i have this new girl she's really cute and beautiful, she's turkish and really believes in god i tried to explain her dinosaurs etc hahaha and that there can't be adam and eve hahah funny conversation

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2010, 08:23:40 AM »
unless you've died, you don't know jack-shit

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2010, 08:28:42 AM »
whether their is or isn't, why worry?

Just live your life for now

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2010, 08:43:51 AM »
I agree, there is no after-"life", at least none that we can imagine in any shape or form.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2010, 09:47:27 AM »
 So why do some people believe in God ??? A belief in an afterlife is tragic, because lots of people give up living this life, the only one that they'll ever have, in hopes that they will be awarded some reward for believing in an arbitrary and anachronistic moral code in their lives. Accept:

- That you are stupid.

- That your shitty life could be much worse and dying is much worst than even the worst life imaginable.

- That the way out from your shitty life(suicide) is much worse as you have nothing to look forward in the afterlife.

- That since there's no afterlife, there is no reason to pull back and stop doing what you have to do make life as good as possible in the one life you'll ever have.

- That intelligent, capable people ARE better than you, and that your shitty life would be much shittier without them - they cure your diseases which prolongs your life and they create the technology that makes your life better. You can be sure that your life would be infinitely worse without the highly intelligent. So treat them as your superiors.

- That what you religious freaks consider paradise is very selfish. You behave kindly so that you will be rewarded with all the things that you deam beneath you in this life in the afterlife.

- Since there is no difference between your idea of paradise and having a good life on Earth, then why wait and not just build a good life here?

- This would be the case even if there were an afterlife, but since there isn't, then it is more reason to do it here.

- That your idea of God is what we Humans are destined to become in the distant future: omniscient, omnipotent, immortal beings.

- Unfortunately this won't save your inferior ass since we are billions and maybe trillions of years away from becoming God.

- Make the most of your life. Paradise is having the best possible life and being the closest to the ideal of being God as possible. Enjoy.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Well, I'm convinced!!  What an inferior ass I've been.  

I'm copying and pasting this post into an email and forwarding to it the entire congregation of my church....we are all so stupid and our lives so shitty.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2010, 09:58:10 AM »
No one knows what happens when we die so you can't absolutely know nothing happens when we die. Look at dreams for example, you are in another dimension but you snap back to this reality. No one pays attention to the idea you're off in outer space fucking supermodels in your dreams and it feels so real. Your consciousness is there. Who's to say your consciousness doesn't transcend to another vehicle when this one gives out? The beauty of life and death is that it's an unanswerable question. No one has the answers, and it's really a shame people settle for christianity and don't seek out more truth to the most amazing questions ever imagined.

Great post - very well put.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2010, 10:02:16 AM »
I am polytheistic.

scary huh

the VOID

What's the old saying? " I was dead for billions of years before I was alive and suffered no ill effect from it "

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2010, 10:13:20 AM »
Debating "God's existence" and afterlife on getbig is the best place.

LOL!!

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2010, 10:15:48 AM »
Debating "God's existence" and afterlife on getbig is the best place.

God was a Bodybuilder too.  ;)

My god is stronger then your god.  :o :o
D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2010, 10:17:19 AM »

Sucky, I may have missed it but did you post the "fact" that proves there is no afterlife?

R

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2010, 10:19:37 AM »
No one knows what happens when we die so you can't absolutely know nothing happens when we die. Look at dreams for example, you are in another dimension but you snap back to this reality. No one pays attention to the idea you're off in outer space fucking supermodels in your dreams and it feels so real. Your consciousness is there. Who's to say your consciousness doesn't transcend to another vehicle when this one gives out? The beauty of life and death is that it's an unanswerable question. No one has the answers, and it's really a shame people settle for christianity and don't seek out more truth to the most amazing questions ever imagined.

But the Voice of truth tells me a different story.
The Voice of truth says "do not be afraid!"
And the Voice of truth says "this is for My glory!"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of truth.

Just some some lyrics I like.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2010, 10:34:29 AM »
 First of all meltdown. I don't give a shit if I mispelled words you dipshit because I, unlike you, I am not concerned with appearing smart via orthography being a pedantic asshole. I am tired, feeling sleepy and English is not even my first language, so fuck you.

Look who's talking: the little Paki nerd who uses pedantic words to appear smart. It's not my fault that you are a dumbass and that my normal conversations strike you as being smart. It's obvious you have an inferiority complex in relation to me and that I make you feel stupid since you have accused me several times of trying to appear smart. Only a stupid person says that. Sorry.

No, those people were not dead. Being dead means the cessation of all physiological and biochemical functions which has never happened in any of these cases. In all cases, some physiological function remained working so the individual wasn't dead.

How does that prove they were dead, idiot? That only means that they were seeing things in an unconscious state. I have had tons of dreams where I saw myself. It doesen't mean shit.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

bla bla bla, here we go with the ol' 'meltdown!' deflection. stop being such a senstive bitch.. all because I pointed out that you were using the wrong word. for fucks sake  ::) I'm not using any pedantic words at all, JUST THE CORRECT WORD YOU STUPID BITCH. Conscience is not even CLOSE to the word consciousness, you just can't take the fact that you had a slip up or could be wrong. 'Orthography'? Why can't you just say I wasn't spelling it right... talk about using pedantic words   ::)

I did not make a big point of this, you did. It tells us a lot about you that you would do this over such a small correction  :-*

The dead people I'm talking about had no heart beat and in some cases no reported EEG readings either. Then how were they able to observe their REAL surroundings, that were later verified? Surely there must be a consciousness operating there.

Oh and I'm done responding to you. Like I've said before you're an egomaniacal sociopathic asshole. I know that for a fact.
follow the arrows

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2010, 10:50:16 AM »
  So why do some people believe in God ??? A belief in an afterlife is tragic, because lots of people give up living this life, the only one that they'll ever have, in hopes that they will be awarded some reward for believing in an arbitrary and anachronistic moral code in their lives.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

i agree with you about belief in an afterlife. i dont see any reason to believe in such a thing when theres no evidence supporting its existence and no reason to lead me to believe in it.

however that is totally unrelated to God. without God existence is impossible. God is absolutely necessary, by definiton.

God created this phycisal universe and all the laws inside of it in order to give life to an infinite number of beings, in all shapes and forms and intellects, through the magnificent process of evolution. we are given what time we get, and that is all we seem to get.

stories of a pleasureable afterlife took root in socrates, when he rejected the tales of haides underworld on the basis that men afraid of death would not be courageous nor lead their lifes correctly.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2010, 10:54:12 AM »
without God existence is impossible.

how the fuck do you know?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2010, 10:54:28 AM »
The dead people I'm talking about had no heart beat and in some cases no reported EEG readings either. Then how were they able to observe their REAL surroundings, that were later verified? Surely there must be a consciousness operating there.

I don't want to get into a serious, prolonged discussion here, but I agree with this. As James and a couple of others have pointed out, it's impossible to conceive things beyond our understanding and perception (and there's much more of that than what we do know collectively), let alone say with absolute authority as to what is possible or where to draw the line.

Something supernatural happened to me IRL 3 years ago, that changed everything for me, but it was like Jodie Foster's trip in the movie 'Contact' - something I experienced personally and solely, which was physical/physiological and not just psychological. But I have no proof of what happened or even fully know about it, although my behaviour noticeably changed for the few weeks that bracketed the whole incident, which was itself of a prolonged duration (~ 3 months). I'm sure there's tons of people here who'd dismiss such a claim without hesitation, simply because it doesn't fit into their understanding of reality or has been categorized as such and such phenomenon by 'Scientists'.

My point is that there are unusual things and happenings that a handful of people experience, which never happens to the majority and which is not easy or even possible to explain. Depending on the person, these things can be categorized as anything ranging from delusion to full-blown religious experience. While a lot of it is definitely in the imagination of the person claiming such an experience, not all of it made up or bullshit.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2010, 11:01:59 AM »
This is like the morons who say theres no life on other planets, like they ve visited all 10 billion planets out there and know, same with this. You havent died therefore you cant say for sure theres no afterlife.
Bellend.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2010, 11:03:41 AM »
None of you have a clue what the fuck happens when we die so really should stfu and quit attempting to debate such nonsense.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2010, 11:03:41 AM »
I don't want to get into a serious, prolonged discussion here, but I agree with this. As James and a couple of others have pointed out, it's impossible to conceive things beyond our understanding and perception (and there's much more of that than what we do know collectively), let alone say with absolute authority as to what is possible or where to draw the line.

Something supernatural happened to me IRL 3 years ago, that changed everything for me, but it was like Jodie Foster's trip in the movie 'Contact' - something I experienced personally and solely, which was physical/physiological and not just psychological. But I have no proof of what happened or even fully know about it, although my behaviour noticeably changed for the few weeks that bracketed the whole incident, which was itself of a prolonged duration (~ 3 months). I'm sure there's tons of people here who'd dismiss such a claim without hesitation, simply because it doesn't fit into their understanding of reality or has been categorized as such and such phenomenon by 'Scientists'.

My point is that there are unusual things and happenings that a handful of people experience, which never happens to the majority and which is not easy or even possible to explain. Depending on the person, these things can be categorized as anything ranging from delusion to full-blown religious experience. While a lot of it is definitely in the imagination of the person claiming such an experience, not all of it made up or bullshit.

I've had a few spiritual experiences that caused change in me.  They were private moments, but absolutely real.  I speak a lot now of the love of the Christ and his gift of salvation (which is very important to me), but there are also demonic forces at work (that I've had brief tastes of) and they ain't friendlies.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2010, 11:05:04 AM »
If THE BEEF did not believe in an afterlife, if THE BEEF had to only answer to man's justice. THE BEEF would have been a career criminal, no question.

THE BEEF

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2010, 11:06:12 AM »
 The argument that it is impossible to prove that there is no afterlife is odd. Yes, I cannot prove with 100% certainty that there is no afterlife just like I cannot prove with 100% certaintly that there isn't a parallel dimension where fairies and lepricons exist. I don't need to disprove every absurd idea. Not all ideas are valid. Only logical ones are. To be logical, an idea needs to lack contradictions and be consistent.  Without contradictions and consistency, logic itself doesen't exist and everything, no matter how absurd, is possible. Now, the Universe itself is a logic-based system evident by the existence of laws of physics, chemistry, physiology, etc. Without the limitations imposed by the imposition of logic that rules must be non-contradictory, the Universe couldn't work as there would be no laws determining a precise functioning of the Universe and chaos would be ensued. The laws of physics, chemistry, physiology, etc, all come into creating the Human brain and consciousness. It is easy to see how these laws came about to create a brain capable of processing data and having awareness of physical reality to enhance the survival of the DNA molecule. There is evidence that Human consciousness is the product of the Human brain, and that thus consciousness starts and ends with the Human brain. Human consciousness exists to enhance the survival of the DNA, it is the product of the brain and is formed with the formation of the brain and ceases to exist with the destruction of the brain. Me disproving the opposite hypothesis is not necessary because the opposite hypothesis is illogical, there is no evidence to support it and if I have to disprove it means that I would need to disprove all absurd conjectures. In this case, methinks that plausible deniability is valid.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I said this on the 1st page. You are never called upon to prove a negative. Its a logical fallacy and a poor way to debate.
X

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2010, 11:08:51 AM »
how the fuck do you know?
logic. causal chain.  infinitely complex universe, infitely complex constituents of the universe. material substance (mass/energy) that is completely incomprehensible from any angle or view point. and other things.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2010, 11:10:40 AM »
I've had a few spiritual experiences that caused change in me.  They were private moments, but absolutely real.

I'm sure it happened, because I know what kind of person you are. But most people out there wouldn't believe it, for various reasons.

For most people, absence of proof = proof of absence. Guess you can never convince everyone out there.