Author Topic: Firefighters watch as home burns to the ground. What do you guys think?  (Read 17281 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Firefighters watch as home burns to the ground. What do you guys think?
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2010, 07:46:20 AM »
But you cant get house insurance while your house is burning down.THATS the point of insurance.The 75 dollars was an insurance that the firefighters would put a fire out.If you didnt pay you knew they werent going to put it out.This is like Obama care is going to be.You just dont buy insurance,pay a fine,THEN when you get cancer you call and get insurance.Meanwhile everyone else has been paying all along.Is that fair.

No its not fair, and the guy was an absolute jerk for not paying - but the guy was willing to pay whatever the cost was to save his house at the time, even if it was 10k, 15k whatsoever, so they could have helped him out here and charged him the actual amount.   

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2010, 07:52:02 AM »
Simple minded Queen Mimnaugh strikes again. Lets say this persons house was in a densely wooded area and the fire department refused as they did...and because of that the woods caught fire which races out of control and instead of just his house burning down...THE WHOLE COMMUNITY BURNS DOWN along with power lines, phone lines, cable lines not to mention the loss of many lives as is seen in the raging fires in California. The cost involved in repairing and restoring the whole community would run into the MILLIONS all for the sake of 75 dollars??? Does that even make sense? Also what  are the residents paying local and state taxes for? Isn't the taxes for the police and fire department?

I would like to know how the insurenace company is going to handle this and what legal rights and law suits he may be entitled to. As it stands the fire departments refusal to put out the fire and teh subsequent fire on someone elses property will give the insurance company grounds NOT to pay out on policies, because it was a preventable situation had the fire department showed up when called. Now the town will be sued by the property owner for the damage, which will cost way more than 75 dollars.

CAPITALISM AT ITS FINEST...

What a simple minded fool you are.Was there woods next door?Did you read the article?The house next door was going to catch fire they put it out.Do you know why?Because they paid the 75 dollars.So,your simple minded stretch of a theory holds no water.The guy didnt pay,he was told id he didnt his house would not be put out,he decided to chance it,it burned to the ground.The guy next door was responsible,paid the money,they put his fire out.Those are the facts.Calling me names and coming up with wid scenerios dont change the facts.So,as usual you fail!!!

Not a surprsise though that you would think the guy deserved something for nothing.Isnt that your peoples entire existance?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2010, 08:01:05 AM »
No its not fair, and the guy was an absolute jerk for not paying - but the guy was willing to pay whatever the cost was to save his house at the time, even if it was 10k, 15k whatsoever, so they could have helped him out here and charged him the actual amount.   

and what'll happen?

you'll whip out paperwork WHILE THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE and the guy will sign anything in the heat of the moment.

Then his lawyer will argue he didn't have time to review the document, etc.

BILLY is right here.  the guy bought newports and mountain dew with that 20 cents per day, and just figured someone else would take care of it for him.  This is capitalism at its finest.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2010, 08:02:18 AM »
and what'll happen?

you'll whip out paperwork WHILE THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE and the guy will sign anything in the heat of the moment.

BILLY is right here.  the guy bought newports and mountain dew with that 20 cents per day, and just figured someone else would take care of it for him.  This is capitalism at its finest.

You throw a mechanic's lien on the house for the value of the services and sue to foreclose on the lien if he doesnt pay.  This is not complicated 240.   

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2010, 08:03:18 AM »
and what'll happen?

Then you take his house. Why is this hard to comprehend? Would that be evil? No, because he'd lose the house if it burnt down anyway. In-fact, when they take it and sell it, the town actually makes money off it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2010, 08:04:15 AM »
You throw a mechanic's lien on the house for the value of the services and sue to foreclose on the lien if he doesnt pay.  This is not complicated 240.  

youre a lawyer.

do you think a contract signed WHILE THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE might be viewed as signing under distress/duress?  A guy will sign away his house title for a ride to the hospital when he's bleeding... doesn't mean the cabbie actually gets to keep his house for giving him the ride.  Come on, I was pre-law for like 9 months in college, you have the damn degree.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2010, 08:08:03 AM »
youre a lawyer.

do you think a contract signed WHILE THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE might be viewed as signing under distress/duress?  A guy will sign away his house title for a ride to the hospital when he's bleeding... doesn't mean the cabbie actually gets to keep his house for giving him the ride.  Come on, I was pre-law for like 9 months in college, you have the damn degree.

You dont need a written contract for it to be binding when there are witnesses present contract law wise. 

And any time someone does work on a home, they are entitled to put a lien on the house for the value of the services rendered on a quantum meriut basis.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2010, 08:10:20 AM »
You dont need a written contract for it to be binding when there are witnesses present contract law wise. 

And any time someone does work on a home, they are entitled to put a lien on the house for the value of the services rendered on a quantum meriut basis.

Duress occurs when a person is influenced to sign a contract under pressure.  Typical examples of duress include threats to personal liberty, threats of actual violence, and excessive economic pressure.  If you sign a contract under duress, the court may find the entire contract invalid.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2010, 08:12:42 AM »

Duress occurs when a person is influenced to sign a contract under pressure.  Typical examples of duress include threats to personal liberty, threats of actual violence, and excessive economic pressure.  If you sign a contract under duress, the court may find the entire contract invalid.

Did you read my second sentence? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2010, 08:18:00 AM »
Did you read my second sentence? 

yes, but a guy can't just decide to 'do work on your home' without your consent.

and consent, in this case, comes at 3 am as a guy stumbles to read a 30-page contract in the dark as his family screams, his car explodes, his house burns, and his dogs are missing.  he'll sign ANYTHING under such duress.

it's so funny... you took this position but I think you want out of it lol... Dude chose not to pay for a service - he needed the service and didn't get it.  You're looking to try to make it right here - it's already right!  he CHOSE to use that $75 for other things.  It's HIS CHOICE.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2010, 08:24:09 AM »
yes, but a guy can't just decide to 'do work on your home' without your consent.

and consent, in this case, comes at 3 am as a guy stumbles to read a 30-page contract in the dark as his family screams, his car explodes, his house burns, and his dogs are missing.  he'll sign ANYTHING under such duress.

it's so funny... you took this position but I think you want out of it lol... Dude chose not to pay for a service - he needed the service and didn't get it.  You're looking to try to make it right here - it's already right!  he CHOSE to use that $75 for other things.  It's HIS CHOICE.

And he decided that he would pay for the service at the time at whatever cost and they refused to service it. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2010, 08:27:35 AM »
And he decided that he would pay for the service at the time at whatever cost and they refused to service it. 

It's not one of those services you can pay for ONLY WHEN YOU NEED IT.

What would be the point of that?  It costs WAY more than $75 for the entire truck and dept to come out and put out the fire.  They offset the 1000s it costs for his fire, with the $75s collected from all the other people they didn't have to deal with fires for.

Dude didn't pay.  It's that simple.  Should we force insurance companies to issues hurricane coverage when the storm is 24 hours away?  Hey, maybe we should force medical insurance companies to give insurance to ppl with pre-existing conditions then?  You've already voted for Romney and denied you ever heard of romneycare, you might as well get on board with FireCare too ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2010, 08:31:27 AM »
It's not one of those services you can pay for ONLY WHEN YOU NEED IT.

What would be the point of that?  It costs WAY more than $75 for the entire truck and dept to come out and put out the fire.  They offset the 1000s it costs for his fire, with the $75s collected from all the other people they didn't have to deal with fires for.

Dude didn't pay.  It's that simple.  Should we force insurance companies to issues hurricane coverage when the storm is 24 hours away?  Hey, maybe we should force medical insurance companies to give insurance to ppl with pre-existing conditions then?  You've already voted for Romney and denied you ever heard of romneycare, you might as well get on board with FireCare too ;)

Yawn - give me a break.   Lets not make this more than it was.  This could have been readily and easily dealt with than letting the guys house burn down.   

roccoginge

« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2010, 08:32:44 AM »
Hillbillies, go figure.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2010, 08:34:36 AM »
Yawn - give me a break.   Lets not make this more than it was.  This could have been readily and easily dealt with than letting the guys house burn down.   

we should have given him a service that everyone else paid for?

Hey, I don't have $ for lunch, but my tummy's gonna growl unless your store gives me free food...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2010, 08:38:29 AM »

we should have given him a service that everyone else paid for?

Hey, I don't have $ for lunch, but my tummy's gonna growl unless your store gives me free food...

Being hungry and being five 5 minutes from death are two different things and if the store owner did not give you a bite to eat to save your life than that would be completely immoral and a scumbag thing to do.   

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2010, 08:39:27 AM »

Normally you and I are on the same page,but here we disagree.The rest of the neighborhood paid the money.Why should a free loader ,who refuses to pay for the fire service be taken care of by the others?Why is it fair for the guy who has a house that never catches fire to pay 75 dollars for 40 years and never once has he collected on it?

I understand the guys house burning to the ground is drastic,but you need to draw a line in the sand.If you are told "if you dont pay we arent coming" then thats on you.If this guys house had never caught fire and he never paid for 40 years,how is that fair to the guy who did pay for 40 years and everyone else that did pay?

This is the entire problem with the country.Some are paying,others are collecting.This case is Obamas America in a nut shell.The irresponsible,lazy ass,thought he could game the system while the others followed  the rules and did the right thing.Finally the bad guy got what he deserved.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2010, 08:41:22 AM »
Normally you and I are on the same page,but here we disagree.The rest of the neighborhood paid the money.Why should a free loader ,who refuses to pay for the fire service be taken care of by the others?Why is it fair for the guy who has a house that never catches fire to pay 75 dollars for 40 years and never once has he collected on it?

I understand the guys house burning to the ground is drastic,but you need to draw a line in the sand.If you are told "if you dont pay we arent coming" then thats on you.If this guys house had never caught fire and he never paid for 40 years,how is that fair to the guy who did pay for 40 years and everyone else that did pay?

This is the entire problem with the country.Some are paying,others are collecting.This case is Obamas America in a nut shell.The irresponsible,lazy ass,thought he could game the system while the others followed  the rules and did the right thing.Finally the bad guy got what he deserved.

What if the guy sent in the check and the it was never applied correctly by the clerk in the govt and they told the FD that they guy never paid when in fact he did?   

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2010, 08:46:58 AM »
What if the guy sent in the check and the it was never applied correctly by the clerk in the govt and they told the FD that they guy never paid when in fact he did?   

But thats not what happened.We can conjure up anything we want but the facts here are he refused to pay.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2010, 08:52:49 AM »
But thats not what happened.We can conjure up anything we want but the facts here are he refused to pay.

I know that - but these things are not always black and white.  i know the guy is a jerk for not paying and am in agreement 100% on that. 

How about this - lets say someone is behind on their property taxes.  They call 911 and report a home invasion.  Should the cops call the tax department to see if he is current on his property taxes before responding? 

What about a paramedic in the same circumstance?  Lets say the paramedic showed up and the guy was dying in the street and the EMT had the paddles ready go etc etc, and then got a call from the tax assessor thatt he guy was behind in the taxes, should the EMT not treat the guy? 

i'm just saying - I agree the guy committed a horrible lapse of judgement - but just think the end result is a bit dramatic fot eh offense.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2010, 09:04:38 AM »

Not a surprsise though that you would think the guy deserved something for nothing.Isnt that your peoples entire existance?

yeah because thats how these people got along..they all got something for nothing. Thats their existance

Kenneth I. Chenault
Ann M. Fudge
Alwin Lewis
Renetta McCann
Clarence Otis, Jr

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2010, 09:18:26 AM »
What a simple minded fool you are.Was there woods next door?Did you read the article?The house next door was going to catch fire they put it out.Do you know why?Because they paid the 75 dollars.So,your simple minded stretch of a theory holds no water.The guy didnt pay,he was told id he didnt his house would not be put out,he decided to chance it,it burned to the ground.The guy next door was responsible,paid the money,they put his fire out.Those are the facts.Calling me names and coming up with wid scenerios dont change the facts.So,as usual you fail!!!

And people thought it impossible that a somewhat human could DEVOLVE past the point of same gender loving neanderthal...You Queen Mimnaugh have managed to accomplish that.

Queenie try reading my post again...it is written as a HYPOTHETICAL!!!! I know your drug taking and illegal activities has slowed what few brain cells you have down to a crawl, but try and think first before your fingers react on the keyboard.

C

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2010, 09:19:35 AM »
obama did it

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2010, 09:35:11 AM »
obama did it

Nah, it's still Bush's fault.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2010, 09:39:32 AM »
Nah, it's still Bush's fault.

While we are at it, why not just blame Chester Arthur or James Madison?