Author Topic: Schwarzenegger..  (Read 4527 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Schwarzenegger..
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2010, 04:13:11 PM »
Black plower. Is the literal translation. However it's in the nominative case therefore would, mean plower of blacks.

Bess' hidin' dem women an chillen, den!

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2010, 04:48:20 PM »
White Negro. That's all.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2010, 06:30:50 PM »
Lemme guess you think that Rammstein song means "you hate" because that's how they sang the english version

btw "Ram-steen" is incorrect

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2010, 09:13:23 PM »
It doesn't cause confusion with Australia. For the "stupid" americans  ;D jk
smelly 3rd worlder  ;D jk
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2010, 09:38:18 PM »
I did ask Arnold in 1974 how he pronounced his name. He said it was Schwartzen' egger. Try imagining how he would talk. Point being it was egger and not neggar.

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2010, 09:55:18 PM »
a topic about arnold and no pic
 :-\
especially around the time of the o
 >:(

respect due

doesnt even matter what the threads about
anybody else
just saw NDeity on the othr thread hes got a ton of good ones

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2010, 11:34:28 PM »
Arnold and Sergio arrived on the bodybuilding scene about the same time.....the mid 1960. I don't think any other era had two such stars appear at the same time. It was daunting for those of us training in those days because these two represented something quite unobtainable by most of us. When we look back it appears that rules were changed to help Arnold and it is no accident that he won virtually unopposed in the seventies. Arnold was ever the political animal and knew who to keep in good with. Sergio was more the man and could care less about petty things. He always believed that the biggest and best guy would win. He went to Lurie's organization and was more or less black listed by the IFBB. Ditto for Serge Nubret. The IFBB sucked big time then and it continues to stink today.

I was reading Paul Graham's site and he was boasting how he has held a position of vice-president in the IFBB for over 25 years. What position? That was just appointed bullshit. Hope this helps.

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2010, 01:08:51 AM »
Arnold and Sergio arrived on the bodybuilding scene about the same time.....the mid 1960. I don't think any other era had two such stars appear at the same time. It was daunting for those of us training in those days because these two represented something quite unobtainable by most of us. When we look back it appears that rules were changed to help Arnold and it is no accident that he won virtually unopposed in the seventies. Arnold was ever the political animal and knew who to keep in good with. Sergio was more the man and could care less about petty things. He always believed that the biggest and best guy would win. He went to Lurie's organization and was more or less black listed by the IFBB. Ditto for Serge Nubret. The IFBB sucked big time then and it continues to stink today.

I was reading Paul Graham's site and he was boasting how he has held a position of vice-president in the IFBB for over 25 years. What position? That was just appointed bullshit. Hope this helps.

arnold was better than sergio

u dont think so??? cause he had him n serge both
who was competing at the time that was better than arnold
by looking at that pic u postd, that guy had the build decent shape and to stand there near contest ready arnold and still look like u even lift, come on...
sayin arnold was "political animal" implies arnold made fiends with these ppl for reasons etc, maybe its possible these ppl who obv into the sport already respectd what arnold had as far as build and gravitated toward him.
not only prob from biz standpoint to have arnold promo ur products and sell mags bc i bet he outseld anyone then and prob now so lets go by ever so reasons for putting a "fix" on could be but put arnold won/wins hands down.

no one matchd/s the proportions and to be coupled with all the other factors to winning re mental "games" etc., he was strong in all areas.  they dont talk nice to the qb across the line either or in biz for sure either so.

i think he won 80 str8 up so,some we're close, metnzer was good but not near that good.
that was prob like the only way for anyone to ever had a chance beating arnold and maybe if they had known that he was gona be there they woulda came in sharper,,, i know he told zane he wasnt gona do when zane askd him. there was a comment made by zane to arnold after zane won and it may not have sat well.  the story was in wendy leighs book also if memory serves.

what were the training like of those guys vince?? u were there around those circles mr.can...
back when ppl werent goin by mags or a personl training course book,
ppl like gironda that exprmntd "ran tests" no pun with exercise etc.
u had those post back with your theories on muscle growth too, they we're cool
 i know you postd before its always cool to refesh everyone memory's of the good stuff..

jojo2371

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2010, 03:49:23 AM »
its not german its austrian

btw german for black is schwartze not schwarze

ofcourse, it could also just be schwarzen egger which means black plowman :D
black referring to hair color not skin color
   If anyone remembers The Aresenio Hall Show,Arnold's first time on,Aresenio asked him what his last name meant ? His answer was black plowman.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2010, 03:52:22 AM »
WHOOF WHOOF WHOOF!