Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
July 22, 2014, 08:51:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How much is getbig.com worth?  (Read 2747 times)
Red Hook
Getbig IV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2010, 08:11:23 PM »

it's worth more than a self hating canadian jew fag that love the Nazis yet visit BB shows in extra small tank top and hair cut that Queen veeshy would be proud of
Report to moderator   Logged

I
Fury
Getbig V

All aboard the USS Leverage

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2010, 08:29:44 PM »

I just find it intriguing that Ron has no interest in monetizing it.  I think he just enjoys the experience of being a behind the scenes journalist.  It's also pretty impressive to me that getbig gets more traffic than MD considering MD is one of the biggest magazines in the industry.  And not to engage in conspiracy theorizing, but I wonder if any of the big industry players offered to buy getbig.

Looks like you're more Jewish than Ron is.
Matt C
Getbig V

The White Vince Goodrum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010, 08:56:47 PM »

I don't believe any of these websites are worth even close to what people claim... like facebook being worth 6 billion...WTF ?!?!

I think the market value of Facebook is based largely on speculation of future value.  Facebook has the potential to be one of the biggest businesses of this century.  So in this sense, the worth of Facebook is based on its potential but in reality anything can happen and its market value can plunge if something goes wrong.

Bodybuilding Pro.com
loco
Getbig V

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2010, 01:46:55 PM »

$Premium - $Domain USD
GETBIG.COM
Over $25,000 USD
This assessment is based on the following criteria:

Word Relevance: NO DATA
Domain Name Length: 5/5    
Live Website: 5/5    
Domain Extension: 5/5    
Traffic Ranking: 2/5    

That's just for the domain name, according to this site:

https://www.certifiedofferservice.com/CertifiedOffer/offer/domainAssessment.do

Of course, that is only an estimate.
Deicide
Getbig V

Reapers...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2010, 01:54:12 PM »

I think Ron runs getbig mainly because he enjoys his role as a bodybuilding journalist and I can see the appeal in that but I think getbig can be monetized pretty significantly.  I talked about this with Ron at the 2007 Arnold and he seemed to understand this but I honestly don't think he has an interest in doing that in lieu of his role behind the scenes as mentioned above.

Based on the Alexa rankings, getbig is slightly more popular than Muscular Development:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/getbig.com#trafficstats
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/musculardevelopment.com#trafficstats

I just counted the ads in the latest Muscular Development magazine and there are almost 200 pages of ads.  As far as I know, the ads run for around $5,000 per page but you can get them cheaper and I imagine if you buy them in bulk you would get a discount.  The magazine plugs the website a lot and even then the website is not as popular as getbig.

Thoughts?

I heard you owe people money, Mattzi. Undecided

I hate the State.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!