Author Topic: Holy S%^& - check out this Dem TV Ad - IMAGINE IF A REPUB RAN THIS!  (Read 5780 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Holy S%^& - check out this Dem TV Ad - IMAGINE IF A REPUB RAN THIS!
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2010, 06:25:42 AM »
Bump.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2010, 11:07:37 AM »
DNC Chair Kaine 'Not Wild' About Manchin Ad In Which He Literally Shoots Cap & Trade
First Posted: 10-14-10 11:03 AM   |   Updated: 10-14-10 11:03 AM

________________________ ____________________

West Virginia Gov. Joe Manchin has made a fairly robust effort to distance himself from President Obama and, more broadly, the policy elements of the Democratic agenda, culminating in a television ad in which he literally shoots a bullet through cap and trade legislation.

Most in the party have chalked up the strategy to blunt politics in a Senate election that few predicted would be quite so close. But not everyone is pleased.

On Thursday, DNC Chairman Tim Kaine said that he was "not wild" about the Manchin ad, particularly the sour message it delivers with respect to health care legislation.

"I'm not wild about it," Kaine said, at a Christian Science Monitor breakfast. "The part that I most don't like is 'fixing what's bad about Obamacare.' He had two Democratic senators [in his state], very good senators, who voted for that bill and they voted for it because it probably has as much to offer the residents of West Virginia as virtually any state, if you look at health stats and things like that."

"He's a hell of a shot [though]," Kaine added, playfully.

The DNC chair has been one of the more outspoken Democrats in arguing that the party should run on -- not away from -- its legislative accomplishments, going so far to call candidates "foolish" for distancing themselves from the president. So his take on the Manchin ad fits with his larger strategic vision for the party's candidates.

"What Democrats ought to do is be proud of being Democrats and be proud of their accomplishments," Kaine said on Thursday. "[Manchin's] in a bit of a different spot. He wasn't a member of the Senate. So if he was a member of the Senate he should be running on accomplishments. Now he is not that so he is clearly positioning himself, he has his own thing. And the good news is, as I travel, the majority of Democrats are proud to be Democrats and proud of their accomplishments."

But in an election climate where observers are harping on any perceived friction within the Democratic Party, Kaine's criticism of the Manchin ad does stand out, although it's hard to imagine the West Virginia governor losing sleep over this. A rebuke from the head of the DNC only reinforces the anti-establishment, party-line-bucking image that Manchin is seeking.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2011, 09:38:26 AM »
I've seen republican ads that are similar and didn't see threads about them.  It seems you're clutching at straws here drowning rat.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2011, 09:45:08 AM »
I've seen republican ads that are similar and didn't see threads about them.  It seems you're clutching at straws here drowning rat.

ha ha ha ha ha! ! !  ! !

Are you kidding?   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2011, 09:45:32 AM »
show me one article or video clip since the shooting condemning obama or pelosi...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2011, 10:19:23 AM »
Dem senator breaks with his party and Obama, again
By: CNN Deputy Political Director Paul Steinhauser

(CNN) - Saying that "we must get our fiscal house in order," Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia says he'll vote against raising the nation's debt ceiling unless it's married to a plan that addresses the nation's broader fiscal problems.

The announcement Monday by Manchin is the latest example of the governor-turned-senator who's up for re-election next year being at odds with his party and President Obama on fiscal matters.

"We must be honest about what we value and what we need to spend your taxpayer dollars on – not what just sounds good," Manchin will say in an address to students at the University of Charleston.

"I have never put together a budget – be it my family's or as governor – that was based on how much we wanted to spend, but on what we had," Manchin will add, according to excerpts provided to CNN. "That is why I will vote against raising the debt ceiling unless the vote is linked to a real budget plan that begins to fix our fiscal mess. We cannot make budgets based on the next election; they must be based on the next generation."
A Manchin aide tells CNN that the speech will kick off what is being called a "Our Values, Our Priorities" weeklong tour.

Manchin was the first Democratic senator to announce he would vote against both of the continuing resolutions that were passed by Congress over the past five weeks to continue funding the federal government and temporarily avoiding a government shutdown.

Earlier this month he also voted against his party's bill to fund the government through the end of the fiscal year, and on the Senate floor criticized Obama, saying "our president...has failed to lead this debate.

Manchin, the former popular two-term governor of West Virginia, won a special election last November to fill out the last two years of the term of the late Sen. Robert Byrd. Manchin could face a challenging re-election bid in 2012, when he will seek a full six year term.

Meanwhile, the Treasury Department now estimates that the debt ceiling could be hit between April 15 and May 31. If it's not raised, Treasury will not be allowed to borrow and therefore will not be able to pay the country's bills in full without taking drastic measures to cut spending or raise taxes.

In the past, Congress has always ended up raising the cap, if sometimes at the last minute. And some policy experts think they will do so again, but there's no guarantee precedent will hold.

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner last week said in a congressional hearing that there would be "catastrophic" consequences if lawmakers votes against raising the debt ceiling and the government defaulted on its loans.

"In the coming weeks, we will face many difficult budget decisions. I know it will not be easy. I know that it will take compromise. I know it will be partisan and difficult. I know that everyone will have to give up something and no one will want to relinquish anything. But we cannot ignore the fiscal Titanic of our national debt and deficit," Manchin will say.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/21/democratic-senator-breaks-with-his-party-and-white-house-again/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2011, 10:21:36 AM »
Great news. 

Rand Paul, Rubio, Manchin, and others are acting like adults while obama, reid, the rinos, and the other asshole play tiddly winks. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2012, 01:59:10 PM »
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/04/20/dem-senator-doesnt-know-if-he-will-vote-for-obama

Dollars to donuts behind the curtain Manchin is voting for Romney.