Author Topic: Reports from BOB CHICK and LEE THOMPSON (Monday on PBW)  (Read 23047 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Reports from BOB CHICK and LEE THOMPSON (Monday on PBW)
« on: October 28, 2010, 07:13:05 PM »
PBW Announcement - Episode #207

Special Reports from Bob Chick and Lee Thompson (Monday 8pm ET)

What's Next for the Women....and a Whole Lot More!!!    

This Week on PBW:  Another busy week on the bodybuilding news wire and PBW has the inside scoop, including  Bob Cicherillo’s exclusive report on the latest developments surrounding the women’s side of bodybuilding. – Also this week, Lee Thompson, a senior official in the IFBB and NPC, stops by to go “on the record” with updates about several of the events that made headlines over the past year. – Tune in on Monday at 8pm ET as PBW begins the final month of its 2010 schedule.

Listen LIVE at www.BodybuildingRadio.co m
Replays Provided courtesy of Bodybuilding.com

Presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine.
Additional sponsors include Xenadrine, The Muscle Asylum Project, Six Star Muscle and BodySpace!
PBW: The Official radio show of Joe Weider's Olympia Weekend.
The presenting sponsor of the annual "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships" in Tampa, FL
and a proud supporter of the NPC's USA Championships!

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
NPC Promoter Lee Thompson - charges are dismissed
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 07:23:14 PM »
Amazing that people here were saying shit on Lee Thompson, NPC Texas Promoter, when he was 'arrested' and 'indicted' on steroid charge, conspiracy and all.  Certain sites said he was guilty, lying and more. Also, 99% of all federal indictments win.

Well.. check this out... from the ass Anthony Roberts, who attacked Lee with bullshit and lies.  Now, not so much as an apology for his bullshit.  At least he wrote somewhat that Lee was dismissed.

I’ll avoid further comment on this case, except to state that the prosecution has requested, and was granted, that the charge of conspiracy against (Timothy) Lee Thompson, be dropped. He was first picked up and questioned by the government in 2007, during Operation Raw Deal, when 143 search warrants were served, and 124 people were arrested. At that time he was let go, and not charged.

He was later arrested several days before the other defendants,  in Operation Pharmacia de Juicy Phruit, and found to be in possession of large quantities of anabolic steroids. The prosecution offered this as proof that he had not ceased his steroid use between the end of the charged conspiracy period and his arrest, and in fact had continued his use after being picked up during Operation Raw Deal. While some other defendants in Pharmacia de Juicy Phruit were not offered bail, Thompson was allowed to fly to the Carribbean on his honeymoon.

Furthermore, as I understand the facts of the case, he was later confirmed to have a prescription, which was filled by a compounding pharmacy who were themselves charged with the illegal distribution of anabolic steroids, and convicted.

At this stage, as far as I know, Thompson is the only person who had the charges dismissed.

It’s a pretty shocking/interesting change of heart for the government to drop the charges on just one person after successfully prosecuting or pleading out the rest. But as I said in the beginning, when Lee was lying to everyone about not being arrested – I don’t want to see anyone going to jail over steroids.

I’ll leave it to you, dear reader, to decide what you think inspired the government’s change of heart. As I promised to Lee when I spoke to him, this is my last blog that will concern him and his case.

Good luck with your future endeavors, Lee.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
Re: Reports from BOB CHICK and LEE THOMPSON (Monday on PBW)
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 12:10:24 AM »
from very realiable sources lee snitch to the cops, thats why the let him go

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 03:20:17 AM »
Lee Thompson is a scumbag and a coward. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 05:55:58 AM »
Bob normally toes the politically correct line.  not so much when it comes to womens BBing...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 06:04:56 AM »
Bob normally toes the politically correct line.  not so much when it comes to womens BBing...

Not really...where do you think all the changes come from?

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 07:59:39 AM »
Bob, is women's BB going away?  Betty's statement below indicates that it is not. 

August 2010: Bob (Bob Chicherillo, the IFBB Pro Athlete’s Rep) contacts me and ask me to join and support a somewhat similar proposal that he too named “Women’s Physique Division”. I was happy to be involved and will lend my support and hopefully be able to give some ideas and direction. At this time the exact criteria is not known. You have heard directly from Steve Weinberger that Women’s Bodybuilding is not going anywhere.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 10:16:40 AM »
Bob, is women's BB going away?  Betty's statement below indicates that it is not. 

Numbers indicate that it is...not by design, certainly not by my hand. There just simply isnt enough interest at the ground level to sustain, and not enough interest from the paying fans to justify. 

Anyone can have their own wishes, but these are the hard facts...

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 11:10:33 AM »
Numbers indicate that it is...not by design, certainly not by my hand. There just simply isnt enough interest at the ground level to sustain, and not enough interest from the paying fans to justify. 

Anyone can have their own wishes, but these are the hard facts...

Since Betty promotes 4 pro shows now, she will probably try to "keep the lights on" for the FBBer's as long as possible.  Once Robin Chang pulls the plug on the Ms. Olympia, it's over.     

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 12:10:37 PM »
Bring back Cory Everson, and the art of topless reverse grip triceps presses.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 01:11:35 PM »
Bring back Cory Everson, and the art of topless reverse grip triceps presses.

Cory looks the same as todays fitness and figure chicks.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 08:45:58 AM »
Cory looks the same as todays fitness and figure chicks.

If female BBing had stopped there, things might be a lot more successful today.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 09:13:47 AM »
well at least Pro Bodybuilding "Weekly" decided to do a show this week, we can all be thankful for that

no doubt  they will be asking Lee Thompson the 'difficult questions' and not softballs designed to allay concerns of the higher-ups and present a united front to the general public.

::) ::) ::)

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 12:24:40 PM »
say what you will about the man... he's loaded, he dates hot fitness girls, and he's built.

I

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 12:52:33 PM »
Sittin on 20s there?

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 03:24:15 PM »
                                                                                         .

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 07:26:06 PM »
I remember him now. Tried to trade contest placings for sexual favors with a few women.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 12:20:12 PM »
Lee Thompson said the judges would set the look for the new physique division in it's first year.  Sounds backwards to me.  The NPC should be publishing examples of the desired look ahead of time. 

California Muscle

• Getbig II
  • War in the West
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 09:46:33 PM »
say what you will about the man... he's loaded, he dates hot fitness girls, and he's built.

The only "built" person I see is Chick.  ???  ???  ???
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬►