Author Topic: 2010 Fitness America Weekend, Las Vegas, NV Nov. 19-20....check this out...  (Read 2041 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
I was at the gym today and as I was about to leave I saw a flyer for this...What caught my attention was all the LEGIT press that was going to be there....In particular, ESPN...I was thinking WTF?  But not at the O?  Anywho, I'm going to attend this shindig and see how it is compared to the O...Since the NPC and eventually the IFBB seem to be going openly homo now with the men's fitness division, I guess I gotta see what's in store...no homo.

Click the link and look at all the legit press...lol...

http://www.fitnessamerica.com/publicity.htm

I don't wanna hear any bullshite from key figureheads...bottomline is a 2nd rate org can do it and the IFBB or NPC can no longer do so...It seems the NPC and IFBB are taking steps to compete with MuscleMania. Good luck with that....

As much as I like Pro bodybuilding, I'd rather look like the fellas on that link than any current pro except Phil Heath, Dexter, and Rockel.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
I was at the gym today and as I was about to leave I saw a flyer for this...What caught my attention was all the LEGIT press that was going to be there....In particular, ESPN...I was thinking WTF?  But not at the O?  Anywho, I'm going to attend this shindig and see how it is compared to the O...Since the NPC and eventually the IFBB seem to be going openly homo now with the men's fitness division, I guess I gotta see what's in store...no homo.

Click the link and look at all the legit press...lol...

http://www.fitnessamerica.com/publicity.htm

I don't wanna hear any bullshite from key figureheads...bottomline is a 2nd rate org can do it and the IFBB
 or NPC can no longer do so...It seems the NPC and IFBB are taking steps to compete with MuscleMania. Good luck with that....
Is that Ulisses on the flyer (on the far left)?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Is that Ulisses on the flyer (on the far left)?

Yes, who is that fella...Awesome physique.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
you really think manion wants the books open on the npc which will stay mom/pop.  in particular it would have to become an open book organization to size up.  

178k plus perks and a generous 6 fig salary for his son on 2.6M or so in membership fees.  BS 990 but they arent the only ones.    

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
you really think manion wants the books open on the npc which will stay mom/pop.  in particular it would have to become an open book organization to size up.  

178k plus perks and a generous 6 fig salary for his son on 2.6M or so in membership fees.  BS 990 but they arent the only ones.    

I take it you didn't see the thread Ron posted about there now being a fitness division for men in the NPC...here is the link.......what the hell does BS 990 mean?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=351945.0

Boost

• Getbig V
Check out the pics from Paul Dillet's events in Canada.

he does Male physique rounds, and "Best Dressed Man" rounds.

Wacky costumes, but certainly alot more appealing to the mainstream..

Tons of smoking hot chicks, "Ballroom Gown Round" Beach Wear round.....

http://wbffshows.com/gallery/2010-wbff-world-championship/

(Can't right click "save as" with these pics, hence non posted here"

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
I did that show in 08', it was a pretty big show being in Vegas and all but there wasn't really all that much mainstream attention.  They noted all those media organizations back then but i never seen a single one.  They do a decent job on video recording as they'll play it back live for you backstage warming up and it's cut together nicely.. I suppose that could have been used on ESPN 2 or something but it was a totally separate company doing the video editing.

All in all, it's a good show but don't expect all the mainstream appeal.