Author Topic: New full body scanners at Honolulu Airport unveiled  (Read 40566 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: New full body scanners at Honolulu Airport unveiled
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 10:31:41 AM »
Weird that they don't have them at JFK, which is a much bigger and more important airport, at least I didn't see any last time.
I guess you haven't seen the squedule for how many they'll have by the end of 2011.  I bet you they are in every major airport well before we hit the end of 2011 including JFK...

OOPS, to late, I win ;D

Body scanners unveiled at JFK Airport; Homeland Security Sect. Janet Napolitano doesn't volunteer

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/10/22/2010-10-22_body_scanners_unveiled_at_jfk_airport_homeland_security_sect_janet_napolitano_do.html#ixzz15Bl3LpFr
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/10/22/2010-10-22_body_scanners_unveiled_at_jfk_airport_homeland_security_sect_janet_napolitano_do.html

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2010, 10:32:11 AM »
Opt out when you can and CLAP for those who do opt out.  When you opt out and they start yelling, "OPT OUT!!! OPT OUT!!!!" you start yelling the same thing with them and even louder and clap while you're doing it.  If they freak out just calmly tell them you thought they were joining in the nationwide protest of opting out and you only thought you were joining in with them...

I'd bet that the TSA and subsequently the cops would call this "disorderly conduct" and could even arrest people if the TSA decides to follow a hard line on this (which is likely as more and more people seem to react). It's good that people react though, I thought there would be no reaction to these ridiculous measures.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 10:39:34 AM »
I'd bet that the TSA and subsequently the cops would call this "disorderly conduct" and could even arrest people if the TSA decides to follow a hard line on this (which is likely as more and more people seem to react). It's good that people react though, I thought there would be no reaction to these ridiculous measures.
It's disorderly conduct for them to be yelling opt out to intimidate people.  There's already one video on youtube of a TSA agent being ordered down by police.  If they can yell opt out, they're going to have a hard time in court explaining why you can't yell the same two words.  The key is to respond to TSA as soon as they make a request.  The guy is going to have to stop yelling opt out in order to ask you to stop.  When he asks you to stop, you just stop.  There will be no arrest and if there is, it will not go anywhere.  There will also be no problem clapping.  Especially if word catches on and they start encountering it more frequently.  These guys are behaving like nazis, don't be hearded like sheep.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 09:10:07 PM »
Not optional.  I went through one in LAX a few weeks ago.  I'm just thrilled to have them here now.   >:(

The article says it is optional.  Were you referring to another airport?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 11:53:48 PM »
check this out, if you refuse, you'll be fined $10,000 and TSA will bring a civil suit against you.

http://johnnyedge.blogspot.com/2010/11/these-events-took-place-roughly-between.html

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2010, 12:23:30 AM »
The travel industry is concerned that consumers may decide not to take a plane to Aunt Gertrude's for the holiday.

"We have received hundreds of e-mails and phone calls from travelers vowing to stop flying," Geoff Freeman, an executive vice president of the U.S. Travel Association, told Reuters.

A 2008 survey found that air travelers "avoided" 41 million trips because they believed the air travel system was either "broken" or in need of "moderate correction," the U.S. Travel Association said. The decisions cost airlines $9.4 billion, the survey said.

cont... http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/11/12/travel.screening/

“You can’t talk on the one hand about creating jobs in this country and getting this economy back on track and on the other hand discourage millions of Americans from flying, which is the gateway to commerce,”
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6AA55S20101111

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2010, 01:03:58 AM »
statistically someone is going to get skin cancer from these X-rays," Dr Michael Love, who runs an X-ray lab at the department of biophysics and biophysical chemistry at Johns Hopkins University school of medicine, told AFP.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/body-scanners-dangerous-scientists/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2010, 07:32:00 AM »
They are turning us all into cattle to be herded into cramped, smelly, stinking quarters. and told to STFU and like it. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2010, 08:39:53 AM »
The article says it is optional.  Were you referring to another airport?

No.  When I went through LAX I had no idea it was optional.  Didn't look optional to me. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2010, 08:41:08 AM »
No.  When I went through LAX I had no idea it was optional.  Didn't look optional to me. 

Ha ha ha-  the tsa guy probably wanted to feel you up so he told you it was mandatory.   ;D  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2010, 08:42:53 AM »
Ha ha ha-  the tsa guy probably wanted to feel you up so he told you it was mandatory.   ;D  ;D

lol.  Nah.  Nobody touched me.  

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2010, 09:06:16 AM »

You should have asked man?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2010, 09:12:10 AM »
You should have asked man?

In hindsight, yes, I should have asked. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2010, 09:13:41 AM »
I am in good shape, and sport 7.75 inches with some decent thickness.

So I look fwd to these intrusive scanners.  I might even ask to go through repeatedly, or for a supervisor to come out, hoping it'll be a hot blonde who demands a cavity search as a result of her X-rayted [sic] lust.

I am a little nervous about them being able to see the turds in my stomach, so perhaps I will eat a light lunch that day?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2010, 09:15:08 AM »
lol.  Nah.  Nobody touched me. 

You should lower the carbs.  Get in some more cardio.  At your age, the metabolism alone isn't enough for you, nor is working out twice a week.

hit the iron hard, keep the diet smart, and you'll be attractive enough to feel up in no time at all!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2010, 09:18:44 AM »

So I look fwd to these intrusive scanners.  I might even ask to go through repeatedly, or for a supervisor to come out, hoping it'll be a hot blonde who demands a cavity search as a result of her X-rayted [sic] lust.

I am a little nervous about them being able to see the turds in my stomach, so perhaps I will eat a light lunch that day?

From the looks of you, I really dont think they care about your biceps bro.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2010, 09:19:12 AM »
You should lower the carbs.  Get in some more cardio.  At your age, the metabolism alone isn't enough for you, nor is working out twice a week.

hit the iron hard, keep the diet smart, and you'll be attractive enough to feel up in no time at all!

Yawn.  Quit trying to act like you know me boy.  Stick to the issues.

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2010, 11:07:17 AM »

You wouldn't look so forward if you traveled for your job.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2010, 11:50:03 AM »
Check out the picture in this thread! 

hot woman! 

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2627026/posts?q=1&;page=51

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2010, 02:58:47 PM »
 :o

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2010, 03:12:20 PM »
Yawn.  Quit trying to act like you know me boy.  Stick to the issues.

I see what you did there.

buc1994

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2010, 06:03:35 PM »
I like the way the Israelis are doing it...

The Israelis are developing an airport security device that eliminates the privacy concerns that come with full-body scanners at the airports.

It's an armored booth you step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on your person. Israel sees this as a win-win situation for everyone, with none of this crap about racial profiling.  It will also eliminate the costs of a long and expensive trial. You're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion.  Shortly thereafter, an announcement: "Attention standby passengers - we now have a seat available on flight 6709. Shalom!"
~buck

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2010, 06:11:19 PM »
It's an armored booth you step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on your person. Israel sees this as a win-win situation for everyone, with none of this crap about racial profiling.  It will also eliminate the costs of a long and expensive trial. You're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion.  Shortly thereafter, an announcement: "Attention standby passengers - we now have a seat available on flight 6709. Shalom!"

HAHAHAH!!!!  That's awesome!! 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2010, 06:45:57 PM »
Check out the picture in this thread! 

hot woman! 

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2627026/posts?q=1&;page=51

that one is not really from one of the body scanners.  It's a pic someone got from an artist's nude pose book and inverted to make it look like a scan then changed it back.  It MAY have been placed on the net by the industry profiting from these scanners or one of their lobbyists or just an advocate.  The idea is that it's grabbed up by many who say, "see look at what you can see with these scanners"  Then once it's across the net, they can lower the hammer by proving it to be a hoax and point out the real origin of the photo.  This is very effective in controlling the debate as everyone is then focussed on the hoax.  Someone did the same thing with the food bill I was making an issue of.  I'm thinking it's probably pretty common for lobbyist to play tricks like this.  I can't prove it, but seeing how these items like to pop up on very controversial issues, it makes me wonder.