Author Topic: That Calorie is a Calorie Thing  (Read 9975 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: That Calorie is a Calorie Thing
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2010, 07:33:15 PM »
Chaos isn't good with numbers. Adonis, what are your thoughts on sugar free energy drinks. I know you like the pepsi drinks. Have you ever tried Red Bull? I have recently become a fan of them.

I`ve never really tried any sugar free energy drinks.  I bet they are good, but don`t they only come in small cans and you only get like 6 for an exorbitant price?   I drink nearly a 12 pack of Pepsi Max a day sometimes and would run out fast with the Red Bull, unless they have a new product.  What type of products do they have out these days in the Sugar Free energy drink market?

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2010, 07:35:39 PM »
I`ve never really tried any sugar free energy drinks.  I bet they are good, but don`t they only come in small cans and you only get like 6 for an exorbitant price?   I drink nearly a 12 pack of Pepsi Max a day sometimes and would run out fast with the Red Bull, unless they have a new product.  What type of products do they have out these days in the Sugar Free energy drink market?

Are you worried about money?  :D You can get like 12 cans or $18.  ;) Is $18 too rich for your blood?  :-\ :-\
D

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastard
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2010, 07:36:39 PM »
Energy drinks are interesting. Red bull has a robitussin taste to it. It isn't something that is meant to be gulped down fast like a diet coke. It is more like coffee. You want to sip on it. The flavors are awful but they are so bad you almost want to keep drinking them. I find them slightly addicting although recently i have become a bit burned out on them. Im getting tired of monster and im going back to redbulls next week which i believe ill burn out on soon as well.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2010, 07:37:25 PM »
I don't get how Adonis, wavelength, and fatass can look at that eating for muscle building/muscle retention. If they lose weight on it fine, but it must absolutely strip muscle away. I mean Adonis and Wave are lean, yeah, but they are also ultra skinny, and fatman, well, he's another story altogether. I want to, and am losing weight, but at the same time want to get back the muscle I had and retain as much as possible. So in turn I take in 300 grams of protein a day, as protein repairs/builds the muscle.  I don't in any way shape or form understand how the following eating builds or retains muscle:

meal 1 - milk and protein powder = 274cals, 33p, 14c, 9f

snack - 2x coffee = 94cals, 6p, 10c, 3f

meal 2 - spicy bolognese linguine = 483cals, 42p, 52c, 13f

cardio - 30mins @ 40% VO2 max/ 115-120 bpms..

snack - strawberry cheesecake haagen dazs ice cream = 666cals, 10p, 71c, 39f

meal 3 - spicy bolognese linguine = 483cals, 42p, 52c, 13f

daily totals = 2000cals, 131p, 199c, 76f

I simply don't get how someone can go hard in the gym eating like this looking to build/retain muscle while dropping weight

i think you answered your own question here.

you can't.
b

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2010, 07:41:05 PM »
Probably the same thing that's going around inside that pumpkinhead of yours! :D

the hamster is movin that wheel inside my melon today

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2010, 07:41:14 PM »
i think you answered your own question here.

you can't.
Sure you can... you ever binged after a contest after 20 weeks of dieting. Do you know how sensitive your body is to calories at that point. Have you ever actually tried to control it? Most people lose discipline and then just get fat.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2010, 07:44:26 PM »

A train leaves los angeles at 3 pm traveling 250 mph, and another train leaves washington DC at 230 mph...  If the first train is carrying 3 carts full of bodybuilders, and the other training is carrying 5 carts of obese people, and the first train stop 3 times for protein shake breaks, and the second train stops 5 times for mcdonalds breaks, each stop is about 12 minutes each, how long does it take to reach Alberta, Canada?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2010, 07:47:08 PM »
, how long does it take to reach Alberta, Canada?
Half as long as it takes you to brush them choppers in your mouth.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2010, 07:49:12 PM »
Sure you can... you ever binged after a contest after 20 weeks of dieting. Do you know how sensitive your body is to calories at that point. Have you ever actually tried to control it? Most people lose discipline and then just get fat.

you're comparing apples to oranges.

one is a bodybuilder with extremely low BF levels who has starved his body of nutrients for the better part of 12 weeks while being on a high protein diet to prevent catabolism.

the other is an obese individual who is trying to lose weight using a diet that is less than optimal with trace amounts of protein in the hopes of building or retaining muscle.

sorry, but your argument makes little sense.
b

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2010, 07:51:38 PM »
Define "go hard in the gym"

One man's hard-on is another man's...

Wait...

unracked

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2010, 08:10:36 PM »
It's beyond comprehension why anyone would entertain TruAnus for a millisecond let alone an entire thread. I knew I should have skipped this one.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2010, 08:17:38 PM »
yah, you're probably right

lol....I detect sarcasm ;D

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2010, 08:19:11 PM »
Apenis take a photo of your kitchen, pantry, inside if fridge and freezer.  have it in the next few hours
No Worries 4 me

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2010, 08:28:38 PM »
A train leaves los angeles at 3 pm traveling 250 mph, and another train leaves washington DC at 230 mph...  If the first train is carrying 3 carts full of bodybuilders, and the other training is carrying 5 carts of obese people, and the first train stop 3 times for protein shake breaks, and the second train stops 5 times for mcdonalds breaks, each stop is about 12 minutes each, how long does it take to reach Alberta, Canada?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2010, 08:35:13 PM »
Arguments around the margins are never sufficient and are pointless to use.  I have NEVER met anyone who eats Ketchup packets and pixie sticks alone.  How many times do I have to repeat this: A Calorie IS Calorie and a Macronutrient is not a Macronutrient.

With that said, if you eat like a normal human being, meeting your nutritional needs (something that usually happens by default) or if you eat with a palate tuned to taste, you can eat whatever your heart desires day in and day out.  I still don`t understand why this concept is so foreign to the majority.  I guess its lack of education or fear. Who knows?  ???

Ok....look, most on here know you're as dumb as a box of rocks........that being said (and I SOOO clearly remember this from when this ridiculous "debate" started 2-3 years ago) you said macros didn't matter as long as calories are low.....now you're back tracking and saying "a macro is not a macro". That being said you advocate stuffing yourself (a little exaggeration) with cake as if it were a potato, yam or brown rice (yes, there is a difference). Fuck TA, if I recall it wasn't too long ago that Mindspin offered to set up a face to face debate with Dr. Connely for a debate and I even offered to set one up with John Berardi and you made excuses to not come even though it would have basically been a paid vacation for you to the West coast to one of the richest and most beautiful cities here. Give it up dude, you're not fooling anyone....exept fatpanda and wavelength.

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2010, 08:46:37 PM »
Ok....look, most on here know you're as dumb as a box of rocks........that being said (and I SOOO clearly remember this from when this ridiculous "debate" started 2-3 years ago) you said macros didn't matter as long as calories are low.....now you're back tracking and saying "a macro is not a macro". That being said you advocate stuffing yourself (a little exaggeration) with cake as if it were a potato, yam or brown rice (yes, there is a difference). Fuck TA, if I recall it wasn't too long ago that Mindspin offered to set up a face to face debate with Dr. Connely for a debate and I even offered to set one up with John Berardi and you made excuses to not come even though it would have basically been a paid vacation for you to the West coast to one of the richest and most beautiful cities here. Give it up dude, you're not fooling anyone....exept fatpanda and wavelength.

oh ya that paid vacation
my god who backs out of a free trip?

lesaucer

« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2010, 08:47:33 PM »
''Diet has always been as important, if not more important than weight-training for bodybuilders. However, in his book Heavy Duty Nutrition, Mentzer demonstrated that nutrition for athletes did not need to be nearly as extreme as the bodybuilding industry would lead one to believe. His recommended diets were extremely well balanced, and he espoused eating from all four food groups (totaling four servings each of high-quality grains and fruits, and two each of dairy and protein daily), all year-round.[3]

Carbohydrates should make up the bulk of the caloric intake, 50-60%, rather than protein as preferred by others. The reasoning behind this was simple - to build 10 pounds of muscle in a year, a total of 6000 extra Calories needed to be ingested throughout the year, because one pound of muscle contains 600 Calories. That averages 16 extra Calories per day, and only 4 of them needed to be from protein - because muscle is 22% protein, about one quarter. "

Eat like this and add some protein shakes and you will get great results. You are what you eat. Dont go insane on a "chicken and rice" pro bodybuilder diet  ::)

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2010, 08:49:34 PM »
Serious question Adonis.   Do you think you have an eating disorder?  Id say that your constant preoccupation with food, calories, timing etc would clinically qualify you.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2010, 08:50:56 PM »
''Diet has always been as important, if not more important than weight-training for bodybuilders. However, in his book Heavy Duty Nutrition, Mentzer demonstrated that nutrition for athletes did not need to be nearly as extreme as the bodybuilding industry would lead one to believe. His recommended diets were extremely well balanced, and he espoused eating from all four food groups (totaling four servings each of high-quality grains and fruits, and two each of dairy and protein daily), all year-round.[3]

Carbohydrates should make up the bulk of the caloric intake, 50-60%, rather than protein as preferred by others. The reasoning behind this was simple - to build 10 pounds of muscle in a year, a total of 6000 extra Calories needed to be ingested throughout the year, because one pound of muscle contains 600 Calories. That averages 16 extra Calories per day, and only 4 of them needed to be from protein - because muscle is 22% protein, about one quarter. "

Eat like this and add some protein shakes and you will get great results. You are what you eat. Dont go insane on a "chicken and rice" pro bodybuilder diet  ::)

Brutal cankles and small feet on that guy.

;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2010, 09:01:25 PM »
Brutal cankles and small feet on that guy.

;D

Dude..you're going to have to come over to Metrx and see this "trainer' they have. He's one of those synthol monkeys, haven't seen the dude in a couple of months, I walk in this morning and see this guy with like 25" arms, 14" forearms and his calves are the size of his legs...hahahahahaha!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2010, 09:03:12 PM »
Serious question Adonis.   Do you think you have an eating disorder?  Id say that your constant preoccupation with food, calories, timing etc would clinically qualify you.
No. I just love everything about food, especially the science.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2010, 09:08:28 PM »
No. I just love everything about food, especially the science.

What science??

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2010, 09:11:01 PM »
D

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2010, 09:18:36 PM »

Exactly.
The body requires an abundance of trace nutrients from a variety of food sources to retain and build for the long term, with health underpinning your continued improvement . There is nothing especially healthy or sensible about eating fish for 6 meals a day, chicken for two (rotated periodically with beef every other day), whilst cutting out  carbohydrates and replacing the vitamins and minerals with synthetic ones, it's just not as beneficial.   I'm not saying you can't get shredded, I'm just pointing out the long term aspects of putting the focus solely on protein. It's like throwing a ton of bricks at a group of builders and expecting them to build a house without the additional tools ans supplies.

lesaucer

« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2010, 09:30:19 PM »
Exactly.
The body requires an abundance of trace nutrients from a variety of food sources to retain and build for the long term, with health underpinning your continued improvement . There is nothing especially healthy or sensible about eating fish for 6 meals a day, chicken for two (rotated periodically with beef every other day), whilst cutting out  carbohydrates and replacing the vitamins and minerals with synthetic ones, it's just not as beneficial.   I'm not saying you can't get shredded, I'm just pointing out the long term aspects of putting the focus solely on protein. It's like throwing a ton of bricks at a group of builders and expecting them to build a house without the additional tools ans supplies.

oh yeah spot on... not only that but for the mind; its way better for you to eat great tasty meals than to eat fucking shit like tuna straight from the can... notice the energy burst you get from a great tasting meal that you dont get from eating a disgusting one, even if foods macros are the same