Author Topic: Teleprompter to make its debut in Indian Parliament when Obama speaks.  (Read 6099 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Indian Parliament when Obama speaks.
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2010, 08:17:59 AM »
So in essence he reads a good speech.

That said, I don't have a problem with people like him having speech writers, notes, etc. given the amount of public speaking they do, but it's pretty clear his public speaking skills are overrated.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2010, 08:20:35 AM »
So in essence he reads a good speech.

That said, I don't have a problem with people like him having speech writers, notes, etc. given the amount of public speaking they do, but it's pretty clear his public speaking skills are overrated.   

Without the teleprompter - he has ZERO public speaking skills. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2010, 08:24:01 AM »
The teleprompters take the humanity and personality out of the speeches.  Notice how every damn speech sounds exactly the same?

They have lost the ability of obama to sway opinion at all on any issue anymore in a speech.   

So just write that shit on your hand.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2010, 08:27:47 AM »
So just write that shit on your hand.

Ha ha ha - so now that everyone has moved beyond comparing Obama to Bush, since Bush seems to be the winner in that comparison, now we are moving lower to Sarah? 

ha ha ha.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2010, 08:35:08 AM »
Ha ha ha - so now that everyone has moved beyond comparing Obama to Bush, since Bush seems to be the winner in that comparison, now we are moving lower to Sarah? 

ha ha ha.   

I dont give a shit about writing shit on hand or cards or teleprompters. Dude...why is this news..

but to your point. How is it fucked up when Obama does it but cool when palin does it.

Man the shit you guys come up with is hysterical

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2010, 08:36:52 AM »
I dont give a shit about writing shit on hand or cards or teleprompters. Dude...why is this news..

but to your point. How is it fucked up when Obama does it but cool when palin does it.

Man the shit you guys come up with is hysterical

Both are foolish - and if you read my story from today, even those in india are now questioning his need for teleprompters. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2010, 08:41:04 AM »
Both are foolish - and if you read my story from today, even those in india are now questioning his need for teleprompters. 

eh, palin reads her speeches from a blackberry now.  Obama uses a teleprompter.  Bush spoke in 6 second chunks because, well, everyone with a brain knows he wore an earpiece for most speaking done after 2003.

Their words are analyzed for centuries.  People start fcking wars over their words.  The media plays gotcha with it.  And, the fact they're nothing but cheerleaders for decisions made above their heads anyway...

Well, they're gonna read their scripts.  Thune will do it.  Cantor will do it.  They're all gonna use some means. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2010, 08:48:06 AM »
Indian politicians are known for making impromptu long speeches and perhaps that is why some parliament officials, who did not wish to be named, sounded rather surprised with the idea of a teleprompter for Obama.

"We thought Obama is a trained orator and skilled in the art of mass address with his continuous eye contact," an official, who did not wish to be identified because of security restrictions, said.

Obama is known to captivate audiences with his one-liners that sound like extempore and his deep gaze. But few in India know that the US president always carries the teleprompter with him wherever he speaks.

________________________ ________________________ ______________

Ha ha ha-  these suckers and dupes are about to get the same feeling as the morons who paid Obama 15k to give a 120 minute canned speech and leave before dinner saying he had to go "scoop the poop". 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2010, 08:53:06 AM »
That's pretty embarrassing.   :-\

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2010, 01:39:38 PM »
Most pointless thread ever.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2010, 01:43:33 PM »
Most pointless thread ever.

Why?  The Indians are reporting on this at least three times now. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2010, 08:28:42 PM »
]Indian politicians = Not American you fucktard

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2010, 07:47:32 AM »
Why?  The Indians are reporting on this at least three times now. 

Does that make it important?

Not in the least.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2010, 07:56:11 AM »
Does that make it important?

Not in the least.

Again, i watched some of that malarchy when i woke up.  His speeches royally suck and are beyond boring.    blah blah blah.  

Contrast:

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2010, 08:00:13 AM »
Listen to this Tu - this is how a GIANT delivers a speech. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2010, 11:41:45 AM »
He gave a good speech today. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2010, 11:46:40 AM »
He gave a good speech today. 

Again -  BBBBOOORRRRIIINNNGGGGGG   

No one will ever remember a single line from one of these teleprompter driven; drivel laced; flops. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2010, 11:47:48 AM »
Again -  BBBBOOORRRRIIINNNGGGGGG   

No one will ever remember a single line from one of these teleprompter driven; drivel laced; flops. 

It wasn't the kind of speech anyone will remember, but it was good.  Said all the right things. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2010, 11:50:01 AM »
It wasn't the kind of speech anyone will remember, but it was good.  Said all the right things. 

Beach - in the last 2 years - tell me one memorable line from an obama speech? 

For me - this is the only this I remember: 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2010, 11:58:48 AM »
Beach - in the last 2 years - tell me one memorable line from an obama speech? 

For me - this is the only this I remember: 

I can't.  I don't really listen to his speeches anymore. 

Cohibia

• Getbig II
  • SucMyKockBeechScum!
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2010, 12:07:28 PM »
Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks
Published: Friday, Oct 22, 2010, 17:38 IST
Place: New Delhi | Agency: PTI 
www.dnaindia.com

US President Barack Obama

A teleprompter will be in use for the first time in the Central Hall of Parliament when US President Barack Obama addresses MPs on November eight.

As per the tentative programme being worked out, the address by Obama, who once said that "America has its roots in the India of Mahatma Gandhi", would not be for more than 20 minutes.

The president's programme in Parliament House complex itself will be less than an hour affair, Parliament sources said today. It is scheduled to start at 5pm.

The programme will feature a welcome speech by vice president Hamid Ansari and a vote of thanks by Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar. The US president would also sign the Golden Book, the visitors’ diary of Parliament.

While US first lady Michelle Obama would be accompanying her husband, there was no confirmation whether secretary of state Hillary Clinton would be part of Obama's entourage, Parliament sources said.

Besides the visiting dignitary, those who would be on the dais in the historic Central Hall along with Obama, the vice president and the speaker would be prime minister Manmohan Singh. Michelle will be given a special seat in the front row.

Obama will take the help of a teleprompter to deliver his address to the 780-odd members of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, sources said.

Parliament authorities said this will be the first time that such a facility will be arranged in the Central Hall.

Obama’s reliance on the teleprompter is unusual--not only because he is famous for his oratory, but because no other president has used one so consistently and at so many events, large and small.

Teleprompters are textbook-sized panes of glass holding the prepared remarks of the speaker and which rests on top of a tall, narrow pole and flank his podium during speeches.

The authorities are also leaving no stone unturned to give a red carpet welcome to Obama.

Parliament House is being given a make over for the upcoming visit of the US president. Right from the circular facade of the eight-decade-old structure to paintings in the corridors and magnificent Central Hall, Parliament is being refurbished.

Hectic preparations are on in Parliament and the Central Hall has been shut for a fortnight for renovation, which includes polishing, painting and carpeting.

On security concerns during the ceremony, the Lok Sabha security wing is holding review meetings with the external affairs ministry and other agencies.

It was in the historic Central Hall that the British handed over power to India in 1947. It was also the platform for addresses by several leaders, including former US president Bill Clinton who visited India in 2000.

________________________ ________________________ _________________

Palin-Bachmann 2012
FUBEECHSCUMBAG!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2010, 12:09:37 PM »
OWNED   - NOT PALIN - YOU. 

Cohibia

• Getbig II
  • SucMyKockBeechScum!
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2010, 12:22:09 PM »
Without the teleprompter - he has ZERO public speaking skills. 

Palin-Bachmann 2012
FUBEECHSCUMBAG!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2010, 12:23:43 PM »
 ::)  ::)

guess what - 2 years after Obama has been elected POTUS - name one memorable thing he has ever said other than gaffes and other horrendous flops? 

Cohibia

• Getbig II
  • SucMyKockBeechScum!
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2010, 12:31:38 PM »
Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks
Published: Friday, Oct 22, 2010, 17:38 IST
Place: New Delhi | Agency: PTI 
www.dnaindia.com

US President Barack Obama

A teleprompter will be in use for the first time in the Central Hall of Parliament when US President Barack Obama addresses MPs on November eight.

As per the tentative programme being worked out, the address by Obama, who once said that "America has its roots in the India of Mahatma Gandhi", would not be for more than 20 minutes.

The president's programme in Parliament House complex itself will be less than an hour affair, Parliament sources said today. It is scheduled to start at 5pm.

The programme will feature a welcome speech by vice president Hamid Ansari and a vote of thanks by Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar. The US president would also sign the Golden Book, the visitors’ diary of Parliament.

While US first lady Michelle Obama would be accompanying her husband, there was no confirmation whether secretary of state Hillary Clinton would be part of Obama's entourage, Parliament sources said.

Besides the visiting dignitary, those who would be on the dais in the historic Central Hall along with Obama, the vice president and the speaker would be prime minister Manmohan Singh. Michelle will be given a special seat in the front row.

Obama will take the help of a teleprompter to deliver his address to the 780-odd members of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, sources said.

Parliament authorities said this will be the first time that such a facility will be arranged in the Central Hall.

Obama’s reliance on the teleprompter is unusual--not only because he is famous for his oratory, but because no other president has used one so consistently and at so many events, large and small.

Teleprompters are textbook-sized panes of glass holding the prepared remarks of the speaker and which rests on top of a tall, narrow pole and flank his podium during speeches.

The authorities are also leaving no stone unturned to give a red carpet welcome to Obama.

Parliament House is being given a make over for the upcoming visit of the US president. Right from the circular facade of the eight-decade-old structure to paintings in the corridors and magnificent Central Hall, Parliament is being refurbished.

Hectic preparations are on in Parliament and the Central Hall has been shut for a fortnight for renovation, which includes polishing, painting and carpeting.

On security concerns during the ceremony, the Lok Sabha security wing is holding review meetings with the external affairs ministry and other agencies.

It was in the historic Central Hall that the British handed over power to India in 1947. It was also the platform for addresses by several leaders, including former US president Bill Clinton who visited India in 2000.

________________________ ________________________ _________________

Palin-Bachmann 2012
FUBEECHSCUMBAG!