Author Topic: Taker vs. Lesnar?  (Read 4802 times)

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
Re: Taker vs. Lesnar?
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 04:55:34 PM »

Well, as gnarly as competition would make things for Vince, the only thing that will stop wrestlers from accepting crappy work conditions and even crappier prospects is somewhere else viable to go.

I was so glad AJ Styles didnt feel the need to channel his inner WWE. He didnt need to and will have a better chance at working longer at TNA. Just wish Dixie would ............ do *something*

It's there for the taking.

As for Taker vs Lesnar.................. .. Yeah what other posters said. Who would stare at the ceiling and what would it gain either of them or the brands they have contracts with?

Nada. A cheap pop, that's all.

The more I think about it the less I see it happening.

:(
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 10:05:26 PM »
...from TMZ.com: Despite an intense standoff between Lesnar and The Undertaker at UFC 121 this weekend -- in which Undie challenged Brock to a fight...

Intense standoff?  I love how the media have to bull it up for interests sake, it was more like a passing comment, which Brock barely even stopped to register.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2010, 05:05:14 AM »
Intense standoff?  I love how the media have to bull it up for interests sake, it was more like a passing comment, which Brock barely even stopped to register.

Typical "general public" stupidity as I see it. Undertaker casually / jokingly said, "wanna have a go?" Lesner just kept walking by. Big deal.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2010, 05:06:22 AM »
With all the buzz surrounding the Brock Lesnar - Undertaker confrontation at UFC 121 last weekend, it's becoming more apparent that the chances of the two men actually wrestling in a WWE ring are virtually zero. The match would have been a blockbuster, but Lesnar is under UFC contract and UFC President Dana White says it ain't' happening.

There's been a lot of discussion by WWE creative in recent months about who will wrestle the 'Dead Man' at WrestleMania. Two names that have been rumored are John Cena and Sheamus. More recently, the front-runner is Nexus leader Wade Barrett. At Sunday's Survivor Series pay-per-view, Barrett's Nexus group interfered in the Undertaker's Buried Alive match, attacking him and costing him the victory. WWE is very behind Wade Barrett right now and are confident he's on the verge of being solidified as a new heel main eventer.

We reported here that The Undertaker's shoulder is injured and he is being evaluated this week to determine whether it will require surgery to repair. Surgery would keep him out of action for around four months and the feeling is that if surgery is needed - he should get it over with now so he can be back in time to kick off WrestleMania season in a few months.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2010, 09:27:03 AM »
The Cena match needs to happen. I'm a huge fan of Barrett's though. He's managed to do the impossible, and single handed got the crowd to get behind Cena.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2010, 12:04:49 PM »
The Cena match needs to happen. I'm a huge fan of Barrett's though. He's managed to do the impossible, and single handed got the crowd to get behind Cena.
I like Barrett too but I hate nexus. Not the hate as in "heat", I just can't stand them.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2010, 01:14:15 PM »
I like Barrett too but I hate nexus. Not the hate as in "heat", I just can't stand them.

"X-Pac heat."

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2010, 01:16:09 PM »
Yeah, they have kind of run their course. Who do you see being big out of the group? Barrett is already big, other than that I can see Gabriel and Skip having solid careers. Skip, in particular looked really impressive before the injury. The others aren't that great. Slater is OK, Otunga will be gone once his wife dumps him and the other guy already disappeared.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2010, 09:15:55 PM »
Barrett's the only one that ticks all the boxes, the rest of them just bore me.  None of them have any kind of charisma, or personality that comes across well.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2010, 06:11:13 AM »
Barrett's the only one that ticks all the boxes, the rest of them just bore me.  None of them have any kind of charisma, or personality that comes across well.
Barrett is very well spoken and he knows how to get the crowd to boo the crap outta him while rising Cena's game and popularity. Thats the ultimate goal in the wrestling business.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2010, 06:41:49 AM »
Barrett is very well spoken and he knows how to get the crowd to boo the crap outta him while rising Cena's game and popularity. Thats the ultimate goal in the wrestling business.

So true, and something that was lost/forgotten during the time of "it's cool to be a heel"....that was ok at first, but it got to a point of just making everybody a "gray" instead of black or white, if you know what i mean.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2010, 08:03:57 AM »
So true, and something that was lost/forgotten during the time of "it's cool to be a heel"....that was ok at first, but it got to a point of just making everybody a "gray" instead of black or white, if you know what i mean.
I sure do. Barrett has "it".

The other Nexus members are useless tits. They have no mic skills and are very green in the ring. The one guy has his 450 splash. Big deal. There's a lot more to wrestling then that. The red head gets on my nerves along with Otunga. The rest just fall in.

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2010, 06:23:42 PM »

Hey, I like the red head.

He's purty.

:-[

Carry on.
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy