Author Topic: CBO Director: ObamaCare Will Drive People From the Workforce & on to Welfare  (Read 4052 times)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Kazan said the government is offereing "free healthcare for all".

All I'm saying is show me where I can get that

wasn't the complaint a few months ago that the government was forcing everyone to "buy" healthcare

The simple fact is the government has no constitutional authority force anyone to buy anything from a private company. I can't wait to see how they are going to pay for this cluster fuck when the SC tells the government no. All that money they were counting on out the window. The plan collapses and yet another fine mess on par with the HMO act of 1973.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Sorry - Straw - i was explicity promised a PREMIUM DECREASE.    There is no way to spin this promise. 

weird clip

I don't see anything that is remotely like an EXPLICIT PROMISE
the actual quote was "your employer it was estimated would see premiums fall by 3000%"
no this is no doubt a bizarre statement (and I assume it was a mistake) but it's certainly not an explicit promise

we've been over this ground before.   On the White House website regarding this legislation they talk not only of the estimate that premiums would go down but also the circumstances on which they could go up.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Straw - did you see my thread on what happened in connecticut with premiums?

Kazan

• Getbig V
weird clip

I don't see anything that is remotely like an EXPLICIT PROMISE
the actual quote was "your employer it was estimated would see premiums fall by 3000%"
no this is no doubt a bizarre statement (and I assume it was a mistake) but it's certainly not an explicit promise

we've been over this ground before.   On the White House website regarding this legislation they talk not only of the estimate that premiums would go down but also the circumstances on which they could go up.
Hell yes its a bizarre statement, seems 3000% drop would result in the insurance companies paying companies for the privilege of providing insurance
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Hell yes its a bizarre statement, seems 3000% drop would result in the insurance companies paying companies for the privilege of providing insurance

The bottom line is that Obama and the dems lied every which way possible to get this mess passed.  

Ha ha ha - you cant make this up.  Obama was the main one who made the corrupt deal with Big pharma!!!

MM2K

• Getbig IV
“We see it as an entrepreneurial bill,” Pelosi said on May 14, “a bill that says to someone, if you want to be creative and be a musician or whatever, you can leave your work, focus on your talent, your skill, your passion, your aspirations because you will have health care.”

These people are sick.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Kazan

• Getbig V
No they are power hungry politicians, they will do whatever they can to stay in power, no matter the expense.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
“We see it as an entrepreneurial bill,” Pelosi said on May 14, “a bill that says to someone, if you want to be creative and be a musician or whatever, you can leave your work, focus on your talent, your skill, your passion, your aspirations because you will have health care.”

This is retarded to me... How about you do what you have to do to pay the bills?

Just unbelievable.

Now don't get me wrong... I was and am all for a public option, but this is retarded talk.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: CBO Director Says ObamaCare Will Drive People From the Workforce
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2010, 06:05:07 PM »
Are you leftists proud of yourselves for voting for this?

McCain would have done exactly the same  thing.  So what's your point?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2010, 06:13:17 PM »

Yeah right, even it McCain would have pushed "health care reform" the democrats would not have voted for it, no way they would let a republican POTUS get "credit" for that.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2010, 06:35:44 PM »

Oh please - McCains plain was nothing compared to the monsotrosity that obama rammed through.  Not even remotely close. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
BUMP

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
BUMP

Elemdorff confirmed that this mess will cost 800,000 jobs.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
bump

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Bump