Author Topic: (R) Candidate - No Church & State Separation  (Read 2287 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
(R) Candidate - No Church & State Separation
« on: October 27, 2010, 11:38:52 AM »

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Re: (R) Candidate - No Church & State Separation
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 11:44:23 AM »
Seems like a theme they have jumped on here.  Perhaps they think this will mobilize the christian right even more to vote for them, in the hopes of turning Washington into a mouth piece of the church.  If these people win look for changes to our lives in the name of Christianity.  Freedom will become even more eroded. 
Abandon every hope...

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 11:45:24 AM »
How so?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 11:50:15 AM »
that must have been in Colorado Springs.... A lot of the more nutty christians there.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 11:51:15 AM »
that must have been in Colorado Springs.... A lot of the more nutty christians there.

So all Christians are nutty? What about Muslims are they all terrorist?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 12:03:52 PM »

There isn't any "separation of church and state". It ain't in the 1st Amendment or anywhere in the Constitution.

And, as liberals have proven, they sure as heck don't believe in "separation of church and state" on their end, WHEN THEIR POLITICAL BACKSIDES ARE ON THE LINE.

Not, when it comes to hitting black churches, during campaign mode (Obama will get the Holy Ghost in about 6 months or so, when his re-election campaign gets rolling).

Not, when black ministers flat-out endorse liberal/Democrat candidates, during Divine Worship. I've seen this FIRSTHAND (more than once).

Not, when they use church buses to cart people to polling places to vote exclusively for Dems.

And, especially not when CHURCHES THEMSELVES are used as polling places, such as the one where I voted in 2006 for midterms (less than 5 miles from my house).

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 12:04:13 PM »
if you read the post of some of the nuts on here you would think so

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 12:05:20 PM »

Like who? 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 12:05:37 PM »

Again, read what I posted earlier. Then ask your fellow liberals, how much they believe in "separation of church and state".

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 12:06:10 PM »

Way to get into the details, I knew I could count on you ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 12:22:37 PM »

Way to get into the details, I knew I could count on you ::)

Let's see if he actually addresses the left-winged "violations" of the alleged "separation of church and state" clause of the US Constitution.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 12:23:40 PM »
Let's see if he actually addresses the left-winged "violations" of the alleged "separation of church and state" clause of the US Constitution.

That will only happen if he can find a video or article to plagerize
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 12:33:29 PM »
That will only happen if he can find a video or article to plagerize

I don't recall any ACLU bubbas or People For The American Way types, outside that church, where I cast my vote in November 2006. And, I even opposed the FL amendment, requiring a 60% supermajority for future amendments to pass.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 12:35:03 PM »
I don't recall any ACLU bubbas or People For The American Way types, outside that church, where I cast my vote in November 2006. And, I even opposed the FL amendment, requiring a 60% supermajority for future amendments to pass.

Like you said there is only separation of church and state when its convenient
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 12:37:13 PM »
So all Christians are nutty? What about Muslims are they all terrorist?
Christianity is nutty.  I said some of the more nutty ones are in Colorado Springs.  Actually they're all over, it's just that they seem to have a big population of the more nutty ones.  Wanna see clips? ;D

Muslims are nutty too.  probably more so.  I don't think they're all terrorists, but their religion is stupid as fuck.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 11:09:37 AM »
There isn't any "separation of church and state". It ain't in the 1st Amendment or anywhere in the Constitution.

And, as liberals have proven, they sure as heck don't believe in "separation of church and state" on their end, WHEN THEIR POLITICAL BACKSIDES ARE ON THE LINE.

Not, when it comes to hitting black churches, during campaign mode (Obama will get the Holy Ghost in about 6 months or so, when his re-election campaign gets rolling).

Not, when black ministers flat-out endorse liberal/Democrat candidates, during Divine Worship. I've seen this FIRSTHAND (more than once).

Not, when they use church buses to cart people to polling places to vote exclusively for Dems.

Not, when Obama asks gospel singers (i.e. Yolanda Adams) to help him reach African-American voters on R&B/gospel stations, to have them help Dems that are about to get beat up next week.

Speaking of which.....

http://wiznation.com/national/teaustin/continuing-the-conversation-with-president-obama/

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 11:14:01 AM »
More "Praise the Lord and Vote for Me" routines:

Election Day and the Church: Both Parties Counting On Houses of Worship to Get the Votes They Need

With Election Day just over a week away, churches on the left and right are preaching the same message: Go vote – and do it early.

St. Paul Baptist Church members Lodia Ward, left, and Angela Collins-Lewis look over a sample ballot before getting in line to vote at the Sugar Creek Library on North Tryon on Sunday.

On Sunday, the Rev. Greg Moss used a chant to urge members of his Democratic-friendly flock at St. Paul Baptist to head straight to the polls – just as many of them did on a Sunday in 2008.

That year, Barack Obama and other Democrats built up early-voting cushions that Republicans couldn’t overcome on Election Day.

“Let’s do it again…” the black pastor shouted seven times near the end of Sunday’s 10:30 a.m. service.

“…in 2010,” St. Paul’s worshipers answered each time from the pews and the balcony.

At uptown’s First Baptist of Charlotte, where Republican positions get a warm reception, the Rev. Mark Harris also urged his congregation on Sunday to go to the polls early – just as he did.

To help them decide who to vote for, the Southern Baptist pastor passed out candidate surveys conducted by the conservative N.C. Family Policy Council. Among the questions asked: Should the state and federal constitutions be amended to define marriage as being between a man and a woman?

By law, churches – tax-exempt organizations – are not permitted to endorse individual candidates from the pulpit.

But both political parties are counting again on churches friendly to their side to mobilize members to vote.

And though they differ on many issues, pastors Moss and Harris agree that churches do have strong positions on moral and social issues and should take the lead in encouraging big voter turnouts among their congregations.

“We are good citizens, and it is not just a citizen’s right to vote, it’s an obligation,” said Harris, whose 3,400-member church hosted former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee – a likely GOP presidential candidate in 2012 – last July 4.

“We certainly try to respect separation of church and state. But that doesn’t mean we don’t take positions on issues. Our emphasis would be on social issues the Bible speaks clearly to.”

http://praisehouston.com/gospel-news/robertwashington/election-day-and-the-church-both-parties-counting-on-houses-of-worship-to-get-the-votes-they-need/

Where, oh where, are all those ACLU bubbas, those dopey law students who laughed at O'Donnell? I mean, surely these politicians and preachers know about "separation of church and state" in the Constitution, don't they?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 12:28:36 PM »
Seems like a theme they have jumped on here.  Perhaps they think this will mobilize the christian right even more to vote for them, in the hopes of turning Washington into a mouth piece of the church.  If these people win look for changes to our lives in the name of Christianity.  Freedom will become even more eroded. 

Much better to allow Imam Obama to have control over the internet and access to our emails and texts.THATS real freedom,because he is such a trustworthy man.