Author Topic: Tennis Elbow  (Read 1792 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Tennis Elbow
« on: October 29, 2010, 10:15:17 AM »
Sounds gay, but it's a mutherfocker.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: Tennis Elbow
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 10:18:04 AM »
yeah...i call it Benchpress Elbow...

Na but my moms got it...she used to play tennis i high school and college.. now she plays for fun....she has been training with weights for about 2 years now and seen great gains..but now her elbow kills her.

They sell those neophrene elbow sleeves..they work

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 10:26:25 AM »
Took over 3 months to nurse my right elbow back. First time I try out rows again - POW! - LEFT f'n elbow.

I'm getting too old for this shit.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 03:29:18 AM »
yep. My left elbow must be prone to elbow tendonitis. Seems to be tennis elbow for a while, then it's good for a while, then it golfers elbow. one of thoise things that come and go it seems.
No doubt about it...

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 08:22:49 AM »
I've found adding direct forearm work, reverse curls and wrist curls, helps lessen the effect of tennis elbow.

I've even notied an improvement doing those while my elbows are sore within a couple of weeks.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 11:51:57 AM »
Took over 3 months to nurse my right elbow back. First time I try out rows again - POW!

LEFT f'n elbow.

I'm getting too old for this shit.

Yeah 3 months is the standard recovery time...you cant even do 135lbs..shit you actually cant do push-ups either. just chill out...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 12:08:21 PM »
LOL yea i call it tendonitis...

I agree with with chaos on the forearm work

actually since I put hammer curls back in my workouts I havent had much a problem with it.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 12:50:00 PM »
tiger balm ;D

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 08:11:41 PM »
i get that shit all the time, even while a beer in my hands i have to alternate hands or else the pain on my elbow gets worse

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 05:30:29 PM »
the 12 tendons of the fingers run across the elbow joint.

One word: "Extension"

When you rehab, get a set of various sizes and thickness rubberbands and wrap them around your fingers. Do "extension" type exercises. Go for the burn.

We spend a lifetime squeezing and gripping. Same thing that causes "shin splints" -- a muscular 'imbalance'

One side of muscles on the bone is stronger than the other. Same for side to side ratios. Baseball players who hit predominantly on one side are much weaker on the other. Sooner or later, the other 'weak' side takes a dump.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 08:49:57 AM »
the 12 tendons of the fingers run across the elbow joint.

One word: "Extension"

When you rehab, get a set of various sizes and thickness rubberbands and wrap them around your fingers. Do "extension" type exercises. Go for the burn.

We spend a lifetime squeezing and gripping. Same thing that causes "shin splints" -- a muscular 'imbalance'

One side of muscles on the bone is stronger than the other. Same for side to side ratios. Baseball players who hit predominantly on one side are much weaker on the other. Sooner or later, the other 'weak' side takes a dump.

Will try it.

Jizzacked

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 09:38:32 AM »
dealing with this shit myself at the moment.  it's not as bad once I am warmed up a bit, but still relatively uncomfortable.  someone at the gym suggested direct forearm work as well, namely that contraption that you hold in front of you and roll a plate on a rope up and down.