Author Topic: Lanny Poffo & Hulk Hogan address the Macho Man/Stephanie rumors (2010):  (Read 10855 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Lanny Poffo & Hulk Hogan address the Macho Man/Stephanie rumors (2010):
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 04:40:00 AM »
Its all a crock. If it were true the Savage banged a very yonge Stephanie you would have seen a huge scandal and a huge stink. Stuff like that always leaks out.

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 05:19:49 AM »

No it wouldn't. Vince would be all over any stink about his daughter.

If it got out male wrestlers would use it as leverage against disrespecting any business decisions she was trying to make and it would be used to annoy him.

I was just wondering what is being said online about it. Anyone know?

:(
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 05:56:01 AM »

No it wouldn't. Vince would be all over any stink about his daughter.

If it got out male wrestlers would use it as leverage against disrespecting any business decisions she was trying to make and it would be used to annoy him.

I was just wondering what is being said online about it. Anyone know?

:(

Its a crock and just a silly rumour. Randy Savage left the WWF back in 1994 to go with WCW and Vince gave him a nice send off on Raw. That was it.

marcie999

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 06:06:40 AM »

I wasn't watching wrestling back then to have a real time appreciation of these events.

And you are probably right, but the vid with Lanny Poffo is suggestive. I don't like the Macmahon's much so it's no hardship to imagine the worst.

lol

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 03:31:14 PM »
I really would have expected Lanny to downplay the rumors.
Instead, he comes off sounding as though he actually entertains the possibility.

I had to listen to that interview twice to be certain of what I was hearing!

marcie999

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 06:16:30 PM »

I agree.

He doesn't answer, but urges folks to go looking online because the online fans know.

The implication is there.

???

And this wouldn't be the first time a WWE career got buried because of a secret would it?
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 08:12:55 AM »
I agree.

He doesn't answer, but urges folks to go looking online because the online fans know.

The implication is there.

???

And this wouldn't be the first time a WWE career got buried because of a secret would it?
Randy Savages career was certainly not buried. He is one of the businesses top earners.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 05:48:00 AM »
Randy Savages career was certainly not buried. He is one of the businesses top earners.

And ironically he is pretty much broke right now. Makes you wonder tho why he was never considered for the WWE Hall of Fame....there is some bad blood somewhere

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 06:07:43 AM »
And ironically he is pretty much broke right now. Makes you wonder tho why he was never considered for the WWE Hall of Fame....there is some bad blood somewhere

Is he?
I mean, I don't know either way, but I'd be quite surprised if true.

A popular circulating notion is that the old man was pissed when Savage left the Fed because he took a huge chunk of sponsorship in Slim-Jim with him.
That was at a time when Vince was hurting and relying a great deal on his sponsors.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 04:25:46 AM »
Randy Savage is not broke my friend. He has been making a million dollars plus since 1987 and then much more with Turner. Like I mentioned before, some people do not know how to retire. Savage does and he knows how to keep his nose clean. Only two wrestlers to stick it to Vince are Savage and Warrior. They don't need this HOF BS.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 05:06:09 AM »
Randy Savage is not broke my friend. He has been making a million dollars plus since 1987 and then much more with Turner. Like I mentioned before, some people do not know how to retire. Savage does and he knows how to keep his nose clean. Only two wrestlers to stick it to Vince are Savage and Warrior. They don't need this HOF BS.

Just an FYI: I noticed yesterday that the last few posts in this and other threads vanished for some reason.
From what I gather, this was a result of something Ron did to correct a problem with the server.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 06:47:36 AM »

Just an FYI: I noticed yesterday that the last few posts in this and other threads vanished for some reason.
From what I gather, this was a result of something Ron did to correct a problem with the server.
I thought there was a glitch because I could have sworn I posted something along the lines of my last post on this tread and it disappeared...and I know Mont & Mass are cool mods that don't delete.  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 01:46:54 PM »
I thought there was a glitch because I could have sworn I posted something along the lines of my last post on this tread and it disappeared...and I know Mont & Mass are cool mods that don't delete.  ;D

That's right.
We only report asshole posts to Captain Ron.
I think I also mentioned that I would issue a warning to the poster, but I'd have to go back and look at the "Board Rules" thread; I honestly can't remember what I wrote since I've never had to enforce anything.
It's only cool people who regularly post here.

Although, I also like Chaos' idea of altering offending posts to constitute a homosexual/pedophilic/bestiality-laden overtone… and then locking the thread (lol). 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2010, 04:44:02 AM »

That's right.
We only report asshole posts to Captain Ron.
I think I also mentioned that I would issue a warning to the poster, but I'd have to go back and look at the "Board Rules" thread; I honestly can't remember what I wrote since I've never had to enforce anything.
It's only cool people who regularly post here.

Although, I also like Chaos' idea of altering offending posts to constitute a homosexual/pedophilic/bestiality-laden overtone… and then locking the thread (lol). 

I think all in all we have good posters and a decent board here. I do miss having Karl around. Wonder what he is up to?

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 03:06:24 PM »
Did anyone else pick up the Savage DVD set a few months' back?  I'd honestly forgotten how good some of those matches were, especially some of the ones with Honky Tonk Man- I hope Wayne sends Randy thank you cards on a regular basis for how over as a heel Randy and Elizabeth made him.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 04:15:57 AM »
Did anyone else pick up the Savage DVD set a few months' back?  I'd honestly forgotten how good some of those matches were, especially some of the ones with Honky Tonk Man- I hope Wayne sends Randy thank you cards on a regular basis for how over as a heel Randy and Elizabeth made him.
I did. His 80's heel work is amazing.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 04:58:24 AM »
I loved his Memphis work with Jerry Lawler and Ricky Morton. He was so unpredictable and amazing you just knew he was going to be a star.

As for his dvd, I've never picked it up. Do they tell his biography and demise in the WWF?

I just got the Dusty Rhodes dvd and I liked it. I thought it was very touching especially his relationship with his son Dustin.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 07:02:32 AM »
I know Dusty Rhode's got his following, but I still can't understand why.
Let's look at the Bret Scale:

Look: 1.5 (for the hair)
Talk: 10
Wrestling Ability: 5 (I'm being generous here)

Total: 17 (rounded up)

Look:
Plenty of young kids picked up their first dumbbell after seeing Snuka, Hogan, UW, etc.
I don't remember anyone in school picking up their first jelly doughnut with aspirations of looking like "The Dream."
And, you didn't see kids dressing like Dusty - especially during his WWF days; how much polka-dot merch do you think they shipped out from the Stamford warehouse?
The only time I saw anyone going for the Dusty look was during the killer whale shows at Sea World.

Talk:
I'm being somewhat generous. I didn't care at all for his WWF mic work. The "10" is more for his time down south, and his ability to connect with the demographic.

Wrestling ability:
Again, being generous. Most of those points are for psychology/story-telling. But, as far as technical ability, I watched a AJPW match between Abdullah & Dusty, and I think Rhodes threw elbows more times than he blinked.

Even with a couple of bonus points added in case you think I'm being harsh, he still barely breaks 20.
So how did he end up with the success he had when other more talented guys floundered?

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 08:51:06 AM »
I loved his Memphis work with Jerry Lawler and Ricky Morton. He was so unpredictable and amazing you just knew he was going to be a star.

As for his dvd, I've never picked it up. Do they tell his biography and demise in the WWF?

I just got the Dusty Rhodes dvd and I liked it. I thought it was very touching especially his relationship with his son Dustin.

The one major problem with the DVD was no documentary, just a diva and b-level announcer doing bumper commentary between matches.  So they never went near anything that would break kayfabe.  I was never into Randy too much as a face, but man, what a spectacular heel, especially when he'd tell Liz where to stand, and to hold the ropes for him and the like; he just oozed heat (no homo).

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 10:23:02 AM »
  The one major problem with the DVD was no documentary, just a diva and b-level announcer doing bumper commentary between matches.  So they never went near anything that would break kayfabe.  I was never into Randy too much as a face, but man, what a spectacular heel, especially when he'd tell Liz where to stand, and to hold the ropes for him and the like; he just oozed heat (no homo).
X2.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 06:51:28 PM »
I know Dusty Rhode's got his following, but I still can't understand why.
Let's look at the Bret Scale:

Look: 1.5 (for the hair)
Talk: 10
Wrestling Ability: 5 (I'm being generous here)

Total: 17 (rounded up)

Look:
Plenty of young kids picked up their first dumbbell after seeing Snuka, Hogan, UW, etc.
I don't remember anyone in school picking up their first jelly doughnut with aspirations of looking like "The Dream."
And, you didn't see kids dressing like Dusty - especially during his WWF days; how much polka-dot merch do you think they shipped out from the Stamford warehouse?
The only time I saw anyone going for the Dusty look was during the killer whale shows at Sea World.

Talk:
I'm being somewhat generous. I didn't care at all for his WWF mic work. The "10" is more for his time down south, and his ability to connect with the demographic.

Wrestling ability:
Again, being generous. Most of those points are for psychology/story-telling. But, as far as technical ability, I watched a AJPW match between Abdullah & Dusty, and I think Rhodes threw elbows more times than he blinked.

Even with a couple of bonus points added in case you think I'm being harsh, he still barely breaks 20.
So how did he end up with the success he had when other more talented guys floundered?

I never "got" him either. Maybe it really was a regional thing. Man, he could talk, but not much else. Hogan wasn't all that great in the ring during his peak, but he had an amazing look. Maybe Show can elaborate.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 09:35:10 AM »
I never "got" him either. Maybe it really was a regional thing. Man, he could talk, but not much else. Hogan wasn't all that great in the ring during his peak, but he had an amazing look. Maybe Show can elaborate.
I think with Dusty it was mainly because he was such a people person / common man / roley poley looking man who appealed to the avarage person and also because of his high profile fueds with guys like Flair & the Horsemen, etc. The average person really clicked with Dusty.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 09:46:44 AM »
I think with Dusty it was mainly because he was such a people person / common man / roley poley looking man who appealed to the avarage person and also because of his high profile fueds with guys like Flair & the Horsemen, etc. The average person really clicked with Dusty.
That's true...I think he just played a real likeable character. When Flair, Tully etc..would attack/double cross him, he really made you feel for him. He was great in that regard, you felt sympathy for him, but never felt sorry fot him. I remember in one interview Rhodes said after his hard times promo, people would come up to him and thank him for bringing attention to their problems.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 01:07:46 PM »
That's true...I think he just played a real likeable character. When Flair, Tully etc..would attack/double cross him, he really made you feel for him. He was great in that regard, you felt sympathy for him, but never felt sorry fot him. I remember in one interview Rhodes said after his hard times promo, people would come up to him and thank him for bringing attention to their problems.
Tully Blanchard hit the nail on the head when he said in a shoot interview, "IF you want to start a riot in any southern arena, beat up on Dusty, Magnum T.A. or the Rock'n'roll Express and watch what happens.