Author Topic: I can't stand dickheads who say "having said that"  (Read 9549 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: I can't stand dickheads who say "having said that"
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2010, 09:30:29 AM »

tell me about it. Just had our "annual company meeting" the term "having said that" along with "that being said" was used x100.

Plus we got this ceo who over articulates everything and TRIES to sound intelligent(nobody even listens to him b/c he's such a train wreck). Instead of saying "AT ALL"...he says "uh TALL". Very annoying and I want to round kick him in his midsection for it....and yes he's an a$$hole along with the other execs I work with.

lolol that sounds dramatically like some of the meetings I am in on a daily basis :D

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2010, 09:35:35 AM »
You're right.  BTW is your dad still working as a tranny prostitute to pay the mortgage?

Don't you hate lazy losers who can't type out "by the way"...

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2010, 09:35:39 AM »
That being said I know what you mean.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2010, 09:36:35 AM »
I hate it when people say "You know what I mean" in every sentance

It's  "know what I'm sayin'"

Starting a sentence with LOOK (or listen)  ::)  you hear it all the time on television and in the movies, but never in real life.
:

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 09:41:28 AM »
"bog"? Perhaps you shouldn't be commenting on lingusitics.

Perhaps you should learn more about the vocabulary in the country that invented English.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2010, 09:44:04 AM »
Starting a sentence with LOOK (or listen)  ::)  you hear it all the time on television and in the movies, but never in real life.

Give it a shot, tuff guy.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 09:45:30 AM »
lolol that sounds dramatically like some of the meetings I am in on a daily basis :D

It aggravates me to no end man. These clowns waste so much time talking BS. I'm sure you've been in there when they get into a "heated debate/exchange" on some sh*t? It's a freaking power trip with power words to see who owned who....complete BULLSHIT!. Then they brag about it late "see how I challenged him?" "see how he tried to turn me but I took control?" BULL...lol

I could axe kick them all in their left shoulder. Bunch of leg crossing chumps. P.S. I'm the "I could careless" I.T. Director BTW. lol

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 09:47:30 AM »
It aggravates me to no end man. These clowns waste so much time talking BS. I'm sure you've been in there when they get into a "heated debate/exchange" on some sh*t? It's a freaking power trip with power words to see who owned who....complete BULLSHIT!. Then they brag about it late "see how I challenged him?" "see how he tried to turn me but I took control?" BULL...lol

I could axe kick them all in their left shoulder. Bunch of leg crossing chumps. P.S. I'm the "I could careless" I.T. Director BTW. lol

You know the 80/20 rule? Applies to anything in life - Only 20% of your meetings will be productive and see real benefit in regards of decission making - 80% is for people that need to justify their
positions or bullshit.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2010, 09:48:29 AM »
It's  "know what I'm sayin'"

Look hear you ,pipe down,you know what I'm sayin.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2010, 09:55:51 AM »

You know the 80/20 rule? Applies to anything in life - Only 20% of your meetings will be productive and see real benefit in regards of decission making - 80% is for people that need to justify their
positions or bullshit.

Thanks for the advice. I'm familiar with 80/20 but never applied it in that department. Makes complete sense the way you put it. Man..sometimes I feel like I just want to do my JOB but they won't let me. That whole "well you are not the owner" vs "do I really want to own my own business" conversation creeps in my head.

This can be disheartening for me at times especially when I can see things MONTHS before they happen, they fall on deaf ears then guess what...exactly what I forecast happens.....and this is all the time. Then I have the old "I make good pay here" vs "I'll always make good pay b/c I know what the hell i'm doing" creep in my head.

I can't stand politics either as you probably already can see. LOL

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 09:58:47 AM »
Thanks for the advice. I'm familiar with 80/20 but never applied it in that department. Makes complete sense the way you put it. Man..sometimes I feel like I just want to do my JOB but they won't let me. That whole "well you are not the owner" vs "do I really want to own my own business" conversation creeps in my head.

This can be disheartening for me at times especially when I can see things MONTHS before they happen, they fall on deaf ears then guess what...exactly what I forecast happens.....and this is all the time. Then I have the old "I make good pay here" vs "I'll always make good pay b/c I know what the hell i'm doing" creep in my head.

I can't stand politics either as you probably already can see. LOL

sad fact is you need to life with them and since you made it to Director (vs myself as in middle managment) I say you are a hell lot better in dealing with them then I am :D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2010, 10:10:25 AM »
When will losers stop saying "having said that"?  These punks on getbig continue to use the phrase because they feel it makes them sound intellectual.  Sound like a bunch of assholes.
Irregardless...     ;D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2010, 10:13:19 AM »
me myself..i think..blah blah

i hate that

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2010, 10:17:22 AM »
me myself..i think..blah blah

i hate that

How about - I heard that!! or people that say As soon as possible as ASAP!!! - like they are calling in an emergency firemission...

Hammerhead, Hammerhead. Recon Cobra.
Emergency fire mission. Over.
Gooks in the bush.
Request firecracker salvo. Will adjust - ASAP ASAP ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2010, 10:21:50 AM »
When will losers stop saying "having said that"?  These punks on getbig continue to use the phrase because they feel it makes them sound intellectual.  Sound like a bunch of assholes.
"At the end of the day, you know what I'm saying? Your point is moot, and having said that, I hope this helps."

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2010, 10:24:27 AM »
"Basically".....I fucking hate that.
"Na-mean"...aka... "Do you know what I mean"
"Personally" then they continue with that they were going to say.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2010, 10:30:00 AM »
"Basically".....I fucking hate that.
"Na-mean"...aka... "Do you know what I mean"
"Personally" then they continue with that they were going to say.

George calin had a love hate relationship with Language here is some of his best :D

Throwing away the key
Going down the tubes
I heard that
Now they tell you to get on the airplane.... (high voice) Get on the airplane get on the airplane - I say FUCK YOU I'm getting IN the airplane in the airplane - let evil kenival get on the airplane.
What did we do wrong in Vietnam? We "pulled out" - not a very manly thing to do.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2010, 10:30:43 AM »
blah blah blah....feel me?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2010, 10:32:47 AM »
George calin had a love hate relationship with Language here is some of his best :D

Throwing away the key
Going down the tubes
I heard that
Now they tell you to get on the airplane.... (high voice) Get on the airplane get on the airplane - I say FUCK YOU I'm getting IN the airplane in the airplane - let evil kenival get on the airplane.
What did we do wrong in Vietnam? We "pulled out" - not a very manly thing to do.

lol...George was awesome...Here are more that irk me.

irregardless....not even a fucking word.
My personal opinion....talk about redundant... :-X

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2010, 10:42:15 AM »

Are you trying to say, that someone controlled you with words? As the saying goes, "Words are like bullets, you can't take them back", so do like Jay-Z, when they throw 2 you throw 4 back...spray the mofos...

I once saw this book in the library, I read a little of of it, it was called something like "Verbal Jiu Jitsu" or something like that. Showing how to arrange your sentence structure in speech and in writing to get te desired result, without the other person knowing or without offending that person. It also showed how to get info from that person by asking a question in a way (non direct?) that you got more info from that person than you would have gotten, with a direct question.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2010, 10:57:01 AM »

It's "I couldn't care less" godammit

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2010, 10:59:32 AM »
It's "I could'nt care less" godammit
I think you just proved a lot more than you think...

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2010, 11:12:40 AM »
I think you just proved a lot more than you think...
:P

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2010, 11:12:52 AM »
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)"Let me be clear." ::) ::) ::)
R

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2010, 11:15:37 AM »
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)"Let me be clear." ::) ::) ::)

Butter is melting.