Author Topic: Loudest pops?  (Read 14586 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Loudest pops?
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2010, 04:33:55 PM »
He's lucky Rude didn't knock his teeth out.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2010, 06:53:19 PM »
Quite some time ago, I posted the question: who’s the better worker between Hogan & HBK.
About 7 or 8 smarks immediately jumped in and attacked my understanding of “the biz.”
Unfortunately, the only thing they were capable of doing was incontrovertibly defending their boy-toy and instead asking how I could be so ignorant to ask such a question.  

I was trying to convey the point that THERE ARE DIFFERENT STYLES AND COMBINATIONS OF WORKING that constitute a good worker - a point that flew completely over their heads.

There are good mic workers, aerial workers, ground workers…lots of different categories.
Overall, the money a guy draws is usually a good indication of the quality of worker he is.

The Malenko’s were very good technical workers, but how many asses did they put in the seats?
Rock did three moves and drew HUGE MONEY!

Shawn was great, but his total value never came close to Hogan.
He smoked Hogan in the technical department, but Hogan destroyed him on most everything else.

Hopefully, that explains where I’m coming from.
Unless discussing a specific aspect of performing, you have to look at the entire picture when grading a worker.

Ultimate Warrior excelled in areas like “ring entrance” and “looks,” which accounts for the pops & t-shirt sales.
Unfortunately, his weaknesses overshadowed his good attributes.
The value of the sum of his qualities never equaled Hogan’s, and that’s what kept him from Hogan’s level.

His ego and shitty attitude likely started when he felt he deserved the Hogan treatment because he was as good.
The fact is he was never as good as Hogan.

Hogan never did the “Triple Lindy” bullshit off the top rope, and neither did UW.
The difference is Hogan never had to do that stuff, while UW didn’t have enough to substitute his shortcomings.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2010, 05:25:42 AM »
Quite some time ago, I posted the question: who’s the better worker between Hogan & HBK.
About 7 or 8 smarks immediately jumped in and attacked my understanding of “the biz.”
Unfortunately, the only thing they were capable of doing was incontrovertibly defending their boy-toy and instead asking how I could be so ignorant to ask such a question.  

I was trying to convey the point that THERE ARE DIFFERENT STYLES AND COMBINATIONS OF WORKING that constitute a good worker - a point that flew completely over their heads.

There are good mic workers, aerial workers, ground workers…lots of different categories.
Overall, the money a guy draws is usually a good indication of the quality of worker he is.

The Malenko’s were very good technical workers, but how many asses did they put in the seats?

He smoked Hogan in the technical department, but Hogan destroyed him on most everything else.

Unless discussing a specific aspect of performing, you have to look at the entire picture when grading a worker.

Ultimate Warrior excelled in areas like “ring entrance” and “looks,” which accounts for the pops & t-shirt sales.
The value of the sum of his qualities never equaled Hogan’s, and that’s what kept him from Hogan’s level.

His ego and shitty attitude likely started when he felt he deserved the Hogan treatment because he was as good.

Hogan never did the “Triple Lindy” bullshit off the top rope, and neither did UW.
The difference is Hogan never had to do that stuff, while UW didn’t have enough to substitute his shortcomings.

Spot on

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 03:06:14 AM »

Awesome post and so true.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2010, 01:48:30 PM »
check out the pop for Hulk when he walks through the curtain here: :o :o :o

if you look at the crowd, there are people jumping up and down when he walks through LOL

nowadays, people jump up and leave LOL
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2010, 02:43:50 PM »
notice: Boris must have the greatest back breaker in the world. Hogan had to hulk up just to kick out of one! ;D
Flower Boy Ran Away

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2010, 03:15:58 PM »
I hate to say this, but I probably was present for the loudest single pop.  It was Goldberg over Hagan at the Georgia Dome when he won the belt.

Most consistent pop?  Flair in a landslide!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2010, 05:06:41 AM »
I hate to say this, but I probably was present for the loudest single pop.  It was Goldberg over Hagan at the Georgia Dome when he won the belt.

Hogan 1st
Flair second
Everyone Else

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2010, 05:42:27 AM »

I should have been at the Dome too !!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2010, 08:20:07 AM »
Hogan stole the show for the better part of the eighties leading into the ninties including his heel heat as the head of the NWO. No one even came close to Hogan.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2010, 10:17:12 AM »
I'd give it to the Hulkster. Flair isn't even close.

You've obviously never been to a show in the south....even when the nWo was at its highest and WCW was burying Flair, Flair got at least as big of a pop as Hogan......who incidentally usually had Hall and Nash with him so it was really more of an nWo pop than a Hogan pop anyway.

And I personally witnessed it on a number of occasions during that time.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2010, 12:56:10 PM »
You've obviously never been to a show in the south....even when the nWo was at its highest and WCW was burying Flair, Flair got at least as big of a pop as Hogan......who incidentally usually had Hall and Nash with him so it was really more of an nWo pop than a Hogan pop anyway.

And I personally witnessed it on a number of occasions during that time.
I agree with you on Flair in the Mid-Atlantic / southern territories. He got cheered even when he was a heel. I only voted Hogan because he had constant sellout crowds even when he was in WCW.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2010, 01:53:12 PM »
Flair still gets the pops, though.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2010, 01:54:05 PM »

I should have been at the Dome too !!!!

You didn't miss much.  A good cussin' for both of them.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2010, 02:00:18 PM »
yeah, but like someone once said, Flair was getting huge pops in 25 seat southern gymnasiums when Hulk was selling out madison square garden ;D
Flower Boy Ran Away

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »
You didn't miss much.  A good cussin' for both of them.

worse than the one you gave Hank Aaron?   ;D

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2010, 03:08:51 PM »
worse than the one you gave Hank Aaron?   ;D

Believe it or not, yes.  I had two targets plus legit heat with them.  Hank was just in the wrong place at the right time.  I think his cousins below me enjoyed it though.

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2010, 05:19:22 PM »
WCW had some pretty hellacious pops during their peak circa 96-98; the nWo and sting (wCw) feud was epic shit.

In the WWE when the nWo made its final run in the early 00's Scott Halls 'Hey Yo' received quite an ovation.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2010, 05:08:30 AM »
Believe it or not, yes.  I had two targets plus legit heat with them.  Hank was just in the wrong place at the right time.  I think his cousins below me enjoyed it though.

Hey, at least his cousins did get the treatment of that family at the practice tee at Augusta...... ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2010, 06:03:31 AM »
yeah, but like someone once said, Flair was getting huge pops in 25 seat southern gymnasiums when Hulk was selling out madison square garden ;D
Information misinformation here. Flair was wrestling in sold out arenas also and getting mad horseman pops too. The studio was for TV and local markets only.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2010, 10:42:57 AM »
Information misinformation here. Flair was wrestling in sold out arenas also and getting mad horseman pops too. The studio was for TV and local markets only.

This....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2010, 11:34:32 AM »
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ladies, i'm gonna take you places where the space shuttle hasn't been!"

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2010, 03:04:56 PM »
Information misinformation here. Flair was wrestling in sold out arenas that held a whopping 26 people also and getting mad horseman pops too. The studio was for TV and local markets only.

fixed ;D
Flower Boy Ran Away

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2010, 05:59:19 PM »
Timmy has been to the Show live all over the World. Doesn't matter where it was. Hogan is number 1 easily. I love Flair. Changed my life when he joined the Federation. But he will always be living as #2 in Hogans shadow.

So you went to WCW/NWA shows w/Flair in the South?  I thought you only watched the WWF? 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2010, 06:04:55 AM »
I went a few times in Miami. One Monday Nitro I was in like the third row. Shit faced. Was drinking all day. I was calling Bischoff every name in the book and got thrown out of the place. Then Timmy totalled his mustang on the drive home and spent the rest of the night in jail arrested for a DWI. And no. Flair doesn't even come close to Hulkamania.

Miami isn't really "the south" if you know what I mean....it's like NY/NJ transplanted.

Sounds like you had a good time though..... ;D