Author Topic: Official Mid-Term Election thread.  (Read 10410 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Official Mid-Term Election thread.
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2010, 05:00:33 PM »
Im still laughing at their reaction to his win.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2010, 06:30:12 PM »
Im still laughing at their reaction to his win.

I'm glad I donated money to him. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2010, 07:51:01 PM »
Nice job trying to dismiss this as just a typical midterm election with a simple party switch!    ::)

Republicans gained more than 59 seats in the House of Representatives making it the largest party switch in the House since 1948.

Dude... So what? What the hell does that mean? Not much really.

2008 had areas going blue that had never been blue before... So what?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2010, 08:00:38 PM »
Dude... So what? What the hell does that mean? Not much really.

2008 had areas going blue that had never been blue before... So what?

Look who was defeated and where.   That tells the real story, as well as the fact that 65 seats changed,  and 19 stae legislatures

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2010, 08:04:08 PM »
Look who was defeated and where.   That tells the real story, as well as the fact that 65 seats changed,  and 19 stae legislatures

I agree it does say something... It shows me how the American public is. I'm not saying I agree with some of the crazy left ideas... 90% taxation and shit is ridiculous, but really, I don't see how these few tea party people that got elected really says a whole lot.

I see the crazy right wing getting in and they are going to do the same thing... Just watch.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2010, 10:01:10 PM »
I agree it does say something... It shows me how the American public is. I'm not saying I agree with some of the crazy left ideas... 90% taxation and shit is ridiculous, but really, I don't see how these few tea party people that got elected really says a whole lot.

I see the crazy right wing getting in and they are going to do the same thing... Just watch.

I think you are minimizing the tea party a little bit. Exit polling showed that 40% of all voters across the country identified themselves as tea party supporters, leaving 60% that identified themselves as liberal, mainstream GOP or independent, by far making the tea party the largest influential group in the country today.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #156 on: November 04, 2010, 05:03:26 AM »
I think you are minimizing the tea party a little bit. Exit polling showed that 40% of all voters across the country identified themselves as tea party supporters, leaving 60% that identified themselves as liberal, mainstream GOP or independent, by far making the tea party the largest influential group in the country today.

tu_holmes is in denial.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #157 on: November 04, 2010, 05:04:43 AM »

It shows you what the American public wants and what the American public doesn't want.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: November 04, 2010, 06:42:52 AM »
Thread for everything going on tommorow.

So far my guess is:

70 + in the house

8+ in the Senate - but could go to 11-12.

I predict - Angle, Raese, Rubio, Rand, Buck, will win. 

Fiorina, Rossi will be close 

McMahon, ODonnell, will be close. 

For me:  in NYS - Paladino, Dioguardi, Townswend, Russell, Wilson, and straight GOP down ballot. 

I was very close on my predictions guys.  8 is still possible in the Senate and the GOP picking up 65 in the house. 

Maybe I should start a polling operation?   ;D  ;D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #159 on: November 04, 2010, 07:10:19 AM »
tu_holmes is in denial.

I don't think I'm in denial at all... I think that historical precedence shows that the American public likes to latch on to anything that's different when they think they have exhausted all other avenues.

This is the same public who will vote completely democratic again if they do not see things improve in certain areas... That's all I'm saying.

I don't vote either one, so I don't care, but I think that making a blanket statement like this is like making a blanket statement that the country was now "liberal" in 2008 and that's what many many people did.

The reality is that it was simply a backlash against whatever the system was at the time.

I'm not minimizing them what so ever... They are not a party are they? If they are, then great, but it seems to me that they are the same GOP with sign overhead that says "Under new management."