Author Topic: Mr. Olympia Jay Cutler tells ESPN, "Bodybuilding is not a sport."  (Read 16548 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Mr. Olympia Jay Cutler tells ESPN, "Bodybuilding is not a sport."
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2010, 08:50:13 PM »
That you are honest is even the saddest part about it.
Hey that's life. I still respect Jay for all he is done, but don't care for his new direction and attitude as a long time fan.
Opinions vary and he might be better off and make more $$ with the new image.

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2010, 08:51:45 PM »
many ppl drink and do drugs for free,,, sik of hearing n seein ppl complain that these guys take drugs and they oughta say they do yadayada,,, thats how they make money,, is ur smart u know truth nd if ur a mark u dont,,, if u stand on a soap box crying about it ur a smart mark looking for attention,,, ppl complain how unhealthy pro bb'r drug use is,,, yeah but the guy/girl that starts drinkin as soon as they get out of work everyday for yrs, thats ok tho... same thing basically,,, they're working then drinkin/drugn for free,,, these guys drug for work,,, whats the dif,,, its actually more noble the way bb'rs do it than reg drunks folks,,, besides erveryones gona die one day anyways

seriously not condoning or agreeing with anyuse stuff etc. or anything, who really cares about what anyone else does,just a flipside to the coin. 
its like when ppl blame genetics sometimes oh soso has good genes and they take away from the hard work and cheapn the persons accomplishment. its a good thing but at the same time bad.
its prob the same for guys that take, there those ppl out there like yesteryear whn training was important than they prob took lil,,, nowadays it seems like thatz the only time ppl lift. look at the reality show guy, it dont even look like the guy lifts weights forget trains. for the ones that do train for real whn ppl acuse them or find out if they use, they always imply and negate the hard work.
then again i dont use so i dont know but i workd real hard year aftr yr to look like i do,especially to untraind exprncd indivdls  ;)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2010, 09:04:09 PM »
Hey that's life. I still respect Jay for all he is done, but don't care for his new direction and attitude as a long time fan.
Opinions vary and he might be better off and make more $$ with the new image.

I wasn't talking about that, i was talking about your naive thoughts about BB being a sport, about steroids, insuline, hgh, gays in BB and so on...

You're like a stupid 12 year old that has started buying FLEX magazine three weeks ago, that's really sad.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2010, 09:06:10 PM »
He's right about it not being a sport.

Hmmmm it mainly appeals now to a lunatic fringe. I don't know too many that want to look like Jay or find his look attractive.

I did find it interesting that he said that people look at him and laugh. Haven't quite seen that before....

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2010, 09:11:24 PM »
say what you want about but Jay Cutler the bodybuilder but he is alot more recognized around the world than the football player. Just do a google search and see how much hits you get on them.

Not only that, he is a world champion. Jay Cutler the football player is an Inslin using interception machine ;)

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2010, 06:38:51 AM »
Not only that, he is a world champion. Jay Cutler the football player is an Inslin using interception machine ;)

really? u think lota playrs use siln?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2010, 06:41:54 AM »
really? u think lota playrs use siln?

He meant insulin as Cutler, the football player, was diagnosed as a diabetic.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2010, 07:13:28 AM »
He meant insulin as Cutler, the football player, was diagnosed as a diabetic.

Yeah, Cutler, the Mr Olympia would NEVER use insulin.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2010, 07:16:44 AM »
 5-foot-9, 290-pound world champion with the 34-inch waist

That's offseason.  He's more like 32 inches at contest time.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2010, 07:45:08 AM »
The ONLY reason the government hasn't stepped in with IFBB is not to many have died...They did it with wrestling though...The day the government steps in and tells them mandatory drug testing or they'll do it themselves or shut it down will be a funny and great day...The IFBBs whole business model revolves around these guys drugging it up...as GH15 says, no drugs = no bodybuilding...BTW I'm willing to put money on it that Dave Jacobs is still alive and is in the witness protection program...

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2010, 07:48:33 AM »
The ONLY reason the government hasn't stepped in with IFBB is not to many have died...They did it with wrestling though...The day the government steps in and tells them mandatory drug testing or they'll do it themselves or shut it down will be a funny and great day...The IFBBs whole business model revolves around these guys drugging it up...as GH15 says, no drugs = no bodybuilding...BTW I'm willing to put money on it that Dave Jacobs is still alive and is in the witness protection program...

Actually it's this hypocrisy that i don't get.

Everybody KNOWS that these guys are on tons of shit and that there is a whole system of steroid dealing, underground labs, steroids imports and so on going on, but it is tolerated except for the occasional bust.

Shut it down or allow it, but this is stupid.

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2010, 08:18:35 AM »
i think it sucks for jay in that 1) people laugh at him and 2) that people think he's all drugs, not knowing or caring to know or caring about the fact that he and others like him have to bust their asses lifting millions of pounds of weights for years and years, along with the diet and everything else.

of course with jay making 1-2 million a year does he really give a crap what these people think?

the epitome of irony and hypocricy that these people that laugh at him and think he's all drugs and what not are the same general population who are obese, eat like crap, smoke, drink and what not, but hey "their the normal ones" and how they "damage and abuse their body is like everybody else!

once had this discussion at work about steroids in sports and 100 %percent of every one went on and on that steroids kill, were horrible, etcetera. and this was based on? what they heard in the news of course! never having used, never having known anyone who used, never ever doing research, etcetera. one dude was going on and on about how bad they were and how they are illegal and they will kill you and yet a few minutes later tells everyone how he went out the other night, got shit faced drunk and while driving home nearly ran off the road! that is messed up his logic!