Author Topic: Eggs bad for cholesterol?  (Read 3693 times)

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
Eggs bad for cholesterol?
« on: November 13, 2010, 08:50:15 PM »
Hey pals, I have been eating between 3 and 10 whole eggs per day for the last month or so.  I dont want to go to the doctor to have blood work done.  Do you think my cholesterol and triglicerydes are ok, or should I stop eating the whole eggs and just switch to egg whites?
I dont like twinks.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Eggs bad for cholesterol?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 08:51:50 PM »
Hey pals, I have been eating between 3 and 10 whole eggs per day for the last month or so.  I dont want to go to the doctor to have blood work done.  Do you think my cholesterol and triglicerydes are ok, or should I stop eating the whole eggs and just switch to egg whites?

depends on how fat you are.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 08:53:10 PM »
No, look up the most recent studies

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 08:54:27 PM »

Jizzacked

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 09:25:36 PM »
better to know than to not... please report your findings back here.  I eat at least 6 whole eggs a day... sometimes a dozen.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »
the biggest risk factor is large meals coupled with dehydration then you have triglicerides through the roof along with histamine production in the lungs setting you up for a heart attack...even if your healthy
A

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 09:43:01 PM »
Dietary cholesterol only has a small affect on blood cholesterol (something like 25% of your body's cholesterol comes from diet, the rest is made in the liver and is primarily influenced by fitness).

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 09:59:52 PM »
the biggest risk factor is large meals coupled with dehydration then you have triglicerides through the roof along with histamine production in the lungs setting you up for a heart attack...even if your healthy

Yes, but you can adverse the bad affect with sniffing paint thinner and smoking crack, both are very healthy for your heart.  ::) ::)

Wingnut32

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 10:39:04 PM »

If the rest of your diet and exercise are half decent, and you are not predisposed to high cholesterol, then eggs won't have any significant impact on your levels.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 01:13:57 AM »
If the rest of your diet and exercise are half decent, and you are not predisposed to high cholesterol, then eggs won't have any significant impact on your levels.
true.if on top of that, he does something similar to "the wavelength diet" or follows the "adonis principles" to the T. A heart attack is going to happen soon.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 01:33:36 AM »

Ares

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 03:01:44 AM »
If you believe in the theory that cholesterol or fat causes heart disease (ie the lipid hypothesis) then you care about dietary cholesterol.

If you don't believe in the theory then you don't give a jack shit about dietary intake of sat fat and cholesterol and prefer it over industrial vegetable oils.

So not only does dietary cholesterol intake have little to do with blood cholesterol values, but total cholesterol alone doesn't tell you much either - you need to know HDL, LDL particle size, triglycerides, calcium score etc to even begin to get a sense of where you are with atherosclerosis.  Low total cholesterol is associated with increased mortality and depression.  

Better to eat eggs and say no to the sugar and flour which definitely raise triglycerides and promote Lipoprotein(a).

suckmymuscle

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 12:18:28 PM »
Hey pals, I have been eating between 3 and 10 whole eggs per day for the last month or so.  I dont want to go to the doctor to have blood work done.  Do you think my cholesterol and triglicerydes are ok, or should I stop eating the whole eggs and just switch to egg whites?

Foods rich in cholesterol don't seem to affect plasma cholesterol levels as previously thought. Cultures in the Pacific live on shrimp which is very rich on cholesterol and yet they have very low levels of cholesterol and artherosclerosis. Of course, the fact that they have very low fat diets rich in fiber seems to explain that. What seems to boost cholesterol levels are total saturated fat intake and fiber intake. Triglycerides boost plasma cholesterol levels and fiber decreases fat absorption in the gut by binding to it. In your case, because egg yolks are rich in cholesterol and saturated fats, that might increase plasma cholesterol levels. But because egg yolks are rich in monoinsaturated fatty acids which increase HDL levels and lecithin which emulsifies fat making it less absorbable, it is unlikely that a diet rich in whole eggs will increase your plasma cholesterol levels unless you eat something in the order of 50 whole eggs a day. I hope you are eating less than this.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 12:28:58 PM »
be careful about consuming dihydrogen monoxide, if you inhale it you will die, people get killed from it each year yet the FDA won't ban it

point being all foods to some extent are "bad for you".

dihydrogen monoxide = H2O...water

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 12:39:38 PM »
you just answered your own question. The egg yolk is the one responsible for high cholesterol

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 01:25:28 PM »
Wasn't Zack the king of bayside?
X

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 01:32:41 PM »
Dietary cholesterol only has a small affect on blood cholesterol (something like 25% of your body's cholesterol comes from diet, the rest is made in the liver and is primarily influenced by fitness).

THIS

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 02:04:21 PM »
Depends on the individual, other dietary factors, exercise habits and lifestyle, liver health, etc.  I can eat fairly high fat and I'm fine (for now) but the guy I work with so much as drives past a KFC and gets lipid issues.  It's not a yes or no issue.  

Moderation is a sensible approach.  I probably eat too much fat overall but I rationalize it by chomping down on fats in forms I particularly enjoy, like sauces, cheeses, or desserts but not going too crazy with things where I won't really miss it, like just having jam on toast instead of both butter and jam or leaving out a yolk in scrambled eggs.  In truth, this is motivated more by calorie count & vanity than by health concern.

I never eat hydrogenated fats like margarine.  Pure poison that tastes like ass.  I can't believe that shit is even still on the shelves.  Btw pretty much any fat containing bakery product you buy, unless it's from a butter dedicated boutique bakery, will be made with hydrogenated fat.  That's the unpleasant fatty film that you're aware of hanging around your mouth after eating.