Author Topic: Manny Pacquiao Retires Tonight  (Read 4492 times)

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
Manny Pacquiao Retires Tonight
« on: November 13, 2010, 08:10:10 AM »
After tonight's bout Pacquiao is going to retire so he can focus on politics. :'(

8-time world champion :o

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Manny Pacquiao Retires Tonight
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 01:15:57 PM »
After tonight's bout Pacquiao is going to retire so he can focus on politics. :'(

8-time world champion :o
He'll fight again.  he won't retire after a loss, which he will tonight

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 02:33:06 PM »

manny will wear that goon out

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 03:10:44 PM »
yes he should and prob. will  (unless mayweather wants it ...but dont get me started)

The worst thing is to see your Champion get destroyed ....Be Rocky not Ali
L

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 09:59:20 PM »
I hate to say it but Marg is past it, Oscar was way past it, Cotto was past it,  Clottey sucks, and Hatton was past it and sucks. All of Pacs recent big wins all had major advantages Roach knew they would have. Roach would never let him near anyone with even a 10% chance of beating him.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 10:04:09 PM »
I hate to say it but Marg is past it, Oscar was way past it, Cotto was past it,  Clottey sucks, and Hatton was past it and sucks. All of Pacs recent big wins all had major advantages Roach knew they would have. Roach would never let him near anyone with even a 10% chance of beating him.

::)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 10:04:22 PM »

Oh brother here we go... ::)

If there is anyone that can beat Mayweather it's Pacman and if there's anyone that can beat Mayweather, it's Pacman...Mayweather is a piece of shit and has proven this many times...Everyone will be enamored over this win but don't forget that Mayweather utterly destroyed Mosely (an old Mosely)...

It would be an injustice not to see the fight go down...Pacman is all class. 8)....I would pay to see that black bastard get his ass whipped.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 10:07:52 PM »
I don't think Mayweather wants any part of Pacman especially after tonight...He'll get on tv and talk all that shit but until he signs that contract, he's a bitch...

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 10:12:15 PM »
Oh brother here we go... ::)

If there is anyone that can beat Mayweather it's Pacman and if there's anyone that can beat Mayweather, it's Pacman...Mayweather is a piece of shit and has proven this many times...Everyone will be enamored over this win but don't forget that Mayweather utterly destroyed Mosely (an old Mosely)...

It would be an injustice not to see the fight go down...Pacman is all class. 8)....I would pay to see that black bastard get his ass whipped.

If you follow boxing enough you should know all of Pac's recent wins were against leftovers. I never even mentioned Mayweather and yea, he beat an old as hell Mosley which didn't mean much either. Pac is an incredible fighter, yes. But unfortunately his prime was versus those out of their primes.
Roach is known for picking fights he's absolute certain Pac would win. He said Oscar was shot before Pac even stepped in the ring with him, said similar things of Cotto (Marg leftovers) and Hatton (Mayweather leftovers). Roach said on record he wouldn't let pac in the same ring as Mosley because he believed Mosley would pose problems for Pac.
I'm not saying anything that's new here.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 10:13:24 PM »
I don't think Mayweather wants any part of Pacman especially after tonight...He'll get on tv and talk all that shit but until he signs that contract, he's a bitch...

I agree. Mayweather bitched out of the last opportunity to fight Pac.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 10:17:12 PM »
Roach said on record he wouldn't let pac in the same ring as Mosley because he believed Mosley would pose problems for Pac.

Before you hit the "post" button you should take advantage of Google.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/garethadavies/100005131/roach-manny-pacquiao-will-fight-mosley-if-he-defeats-mayweather/

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 10:24:08 PM »
If those two ever fought....talk about race war...we have a large population of Filipinos and Nogs, it would really go down...

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 10:27:56 PM »
If you follow boxing enough you should know all of Pac's recent wins were against leftovers. I never even mentioned Mayweather and yea, he beat an old as hell Mosley which didn't mean much either. Pac is an incredible fighter, yes. But unfortunately his prime was versus those out of their primes.
Roach is known for picking fights he's absolute certain Pac would win. He said Oscar was shot before Pac even stepped in the ring with him, said similar things of Cotto (Marg leftovers) and Hatton (Mayweather leftovers). Roach said on record he wouldn't let pac in the same ring as Mosley because he believed Mosley would pose problems for Pac.
I'm not saying anything that's new here.

So you lose 1 fight and you are past your prime   ::)

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 10:31:43 PM »
So you lose 1 fight and you are past your prime   ::)

Of course not, but you get in a war or get KO'd in a devastating fashion you're never the same fighter after. Don't get me wrong, I think Pac would have destroyed Hatton regardless and Clottely, of course, but Oscar and Cotto would've given him fits at their peak.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 10:32:19 PM »
Before you hit the "post" button you should take advantage of Google.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/garethadavies/100005131/roach-manny-pacquiao-will-fight-mosley-if-he-defeats-mayweather/

"Shane came to the gym twice to ask me to let him fight Manny," Roach says. "I told him no both times, and both times for the same two reasons: First, there isn't enough money there, and second, you're too good a fighter."-- Roach

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 10:34:41 PM »
Of course not, but you get in a war or get KO'd in a devastating fashion you're never the same fighter after. Don't get me wrong, I think Pac would have destroyed Hatton regardless and Clottely, of course, but Oscar and Cotto would've given him fits at their peak.

Cotto is 30 years old and a  current world champion.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 10:47:00 PM »

Cotto is 30 years old and a  current world champion.

Yes, but many experts agree that he hasn't been the same fighter since the beating he took against Margarito. He still has fight left in him to compete and beat some A class fighters.
Name one fighter though in the past couple years that has been in his prime and fought Pac, and not named Joshua Clottey. lol

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 11:05:51 PM »
Yes, but many experts agree that he hasn't been the same fighter since the beating he took against Margarito. He still has fight left in him to compete and beat some A class fighters.
Name one fighter though in the past couple years that has been in his prime and fought Pac, and not named Joshua Clottey. lol

So a fighter loses once (Cotto or Marg) and he's not in his prime?  If that's the case then Mosely hasn't been in his prime since the 90's!

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 11:14:50 PM »
So a fighter loses once (Cotto or Marg) and he's not in his prime?  If that's the case then Mosely hasn't been in his prime since the 90's!

Sometimes it only takes one fight, win or lose, to endure immense damage and lose that step or two that propelled you to your prime.

You're pretty much right about Mosley; I think it was 2001 when he lost against Vernon forrest twice and started his decline. Mosley's prime fight was versus Oscar in 2000.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 01:25:15 PM »
"Shane came to the gym twice to ask me to let him fight Manny," Roach says. "I told him no both times, and both times for the same two reasons: First, there isn't enough money there, and second, you're too good a fighter."-- Roach

Taken from the link I provided

" If for any reason Mosley wins, Manny would definitely fight him. We’ll take that fight."

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 02:25:41 PM »
Taken from the link I provided

" If for any reason Mosley wins, Manny would definitely fight him. We’ll take that fight."

Yes, but this was said a year after he declined to fight Mosley twice. Roach didn't want the Mosley who just destroyed Margarito in the ring with pac because he thought there was too much risk so he waited him out. Roach knew, and everyone knew Mosley wasn't going to get past Mayweather. Not only that but Roach said after if Pac was going to fight Mosley than Mosley would have to come down a lot in weight = weight drained/sitting duck. Roach will be all over fighting Mosley now, especially seeing how bad he looked against Mayweather.